highlights of the day

Made my hotel booking for my upcoming date with Evelyn Underwood...just a few weeks away now.  Half the fun of a date is the planning and building anticipation and Evelyn is a lady that creates that sense of anticipation.

A Great Lady To See Now That My Hiatus Is Over

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Highlight today had to fill up the truck

Why a highlight you may ask???...I use Air Miles and accrued $30 on my Air Miles card so my $41 fill up only cost $11 

RG

• Like 1

Well two weeks from today I have a date with Evelyn Underwood.  Just sent semi semi semi final confirmation today, and my heart's pounding with excitement over seeing her again.  Getting so weak in the knees I'll have bruises from tripping and falling LOL

RG

Here-what-happens-when-Don-Draper-loses-control.gif

• Like 1

Finished packing (well almost packing, couple things left to pack in the morning)  Whole day I've been weak in the knees and my heart pounding in anticipation of my date with Evelyn Underwood.  Just hope the heartbeat doesn't get so bad 911 has to be called for fear I'm having a heart attack LOL  But it looks like my hiatus is over 🙂 

Now just got to make it to Toronto 🙂 

RG

UnderstatedMelodicFlatcoatretriever-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2

On this Thanksgiving Weekend I just found out my wireless provider doesn't just value me, they "Truly Value" me.

How do I know...I was sent a survey after paying my phone bill asking for my feedback, and they told me so, so I told them 📱  😆

Nice to be "Truly Valued" LOL

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend Everyone

Yes a Dumb Rambling I Know

RG

• Like 1

Highlight of the Day Today...Adopted a feline family member only five months old.  She said I could stay in her apartment as long as I continue to pay the rent and feed her.

RG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I started my computer almost 2 weeks ago I had lost all of my bookmarks, this morning I realized that they all came back.

Now I can post amazing pictures again.

• Like 1

After years of being promised "this year we're painting lines in the parking lot" today (well this evening) the lines are almost finished being painted.  As a bonus my parking spot is away from the trees which means my truck won't be covered in leaves

RG

• Like 1

I mentioned the lines being painted in the parking lot yesterday as a Highlight of the Day with the bonus, my spot is away from the trees.  Well this morning I went out and not only is my spot away from the trees it's right next to the apartment building entry door. Couldn't ask for a better spot.  Only took eleven years LOL

RG

• Like 1

Real Special Highlight Today. I hardly walked with a limp (my knees bother me) Doctor has me doing twice daily exercises and today I really noticed a difference. Still a slight, ever so slight pain, but I didn't need to limp😃

I'm going to continue the exercises and touch wood, maybe I won't need surgery or it'll be down the road a ways (I hate surgery, just the laser surgery on my eye was bad enough for this big baby)

Keeping My Fingers Crossed for no surgery

RG

• Like 2

Highlight Of The Day (well both yesterday and today)  Took a three block walk (well six counting it being a round trip yesterday) and today walked to the grocery store (round trip over a mile so not really far but...) I walked with no limp, no pain in my knees and able to climb the stairs two at a time.  The exercises the doctor prescribed are working, and now I'm going to add a daily walk (even in Winter) to my routine.  And I've been home for an hour now, knees not hurting at all😃

Fingers crossed I won't need surgery, at least for now, maybe down the road but who knows.  You don't appreciate the basics like walking till it's a painful task to do all the time

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

Not so much a highlight but gotta love poetic justice and it happened today

Heading back home after breakfast out today, I was behind a cement mixer truck but going the speed limit...well 83km/hr meaning I was speeding and also the truck ahead of me was going 83km/hr.  But there was a pick up behind me tailgating me, just an a$$hole.  That sets the scene.  Untill guy behind me passes me and the truck in front of me and he must have really floored it...because a cruiser 👮‍♂️ was ahead on the shoulder of the road...speed trap set up

Guess who got pulled over😈

No not really a highlight of the day, just poetic justice for a a$$hole tailgating 

RG

• Like 1

Well the real highlight comes in April but contacted a lady (I like planning my dates ahead of time😉) for a birthday date.  And this morning I got her email back saying "Yes"!!!  

So I have a birthday (normally at my age nothing to look forward too LOL) that I'm excited is just a few short months away.  After 10 years in this lifestyle it'll be my first birthday date.  Today I start planning (looking for a hotel etc)

The Highlight of the Day is the building anticipation of a date with this lovely lady (assuming I survive the "weak in the knees" falls and pounding heart LOL

A Rambling From A Happy RG

One who'll be Happier Come April

• Like 1

The Vet called.  The cheque reimbursing me (in part) for getting Beatrix spayed (some cats definitely shouldn't reproduce LOL...yes Kiddo I said that about you) was in.  Waiting for me at the Vets office was a $100.00, now in my bank account

Feels like found money although it just replaces some money already spent

RG

Highlight Of The Day Today (and Yesterday)

Much closer to my first ever birthday escape.  Already mentioned hotel reservations made. And after emailing the lady reservations have been made to a nice steakhouse (yes the Keg is nice, this just a little nicer...and it's relatively new)  

Finally and most importantly is the companion has already been paid a deposit (the balance coming in a couple weeks)  Just feels like now this birthday date is no longer talk, it's counting down to it actually happening:classic_smile:  Yes that means Spring is around the corner too:classic_smile::classic_smile:

After ten years of seeing companions this will be my first ever birthday date and it makes me look forward to turning 59

A Happy Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Highlight Of The Day Today 

I've paid a special lady the balance of money for my first ever birthday escape.  Yes I might be getting older but now I'm really looking forward to it 😊

If I'm unresponsive the rest of the day I likely had a heart attack thinking about this date...Just slightly over a month to go

A anticipated rambling from RG

UnderstatedMelodicFlatcoatretriever-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

I went to my regular club to deliver a gift for a close friend. We had to do one final fitting, and it looks great on her. Several of the other girls saw it, tried it on, and now I have 3 commissions to make more. Not a bad day at all.

IMG_20200309_084241_741.jpg

• Like 3

Some of you may have guessed it, I'm on vacation in Cancun.  I've been here since last Monday and will return home tomorrow afternoon (this sucks).  

• Like 2

I mentioned on "Tips On Keeping Sane" thread about planning (date wise) for the future.  Well this morning woke up to a lovely email from a companion I contacted yesterday and she said yes!!!..😊 Once this COVID 19 is over I have a third date to schedule with another beautiful companion.  Now this weekend I'll be checking (but not reserving) hotels and restaurants (helps to keep sane during this time but also adds to the highlight of the day) and Tuesday I go to the bank to transfer funds to etransfer money to this lady as first installment for our date

I know a mouthful but while I'm socially isolated at least I'm keeping sane:classic_wacko: (well some might disagree LOL) and looking forward to a third date in the future

A happy rambling

RG

• Like 2

Well used up all the toilet paper...well the two four pack rolls + the four I had when I bought them.  Why a highlight???...the two four packs were both at the time the last packs on the store shelf and if any worse quality would have been made of sandpaper LOL

That means now  the twelve pack of Cashmere toilet paper can be opened up

I know, a TMI highlight of the day but we can all relate can't we LOL

A soothing rambling

RG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With all the restrictions because of COVID 19 there is a lot less driving being done.  My insurance company is offering a 10% reduction (minimum) on my insurance from April 1st-May 31st.

Not a lot but better than a 10% hike in rates

RG

• Like 2

Probably the biggest highlight of my life(for the time been), after Doug Ford said that we can now see our family we have planned to see my son and my 2 grand kids this weekend.  I can't wait to hold them all in my arms and kiss them all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got paperwork from Ottawa today.  No not application for CERB or anything like that.  But it was from Service Canada sending me all the information I need to apply online for my CPP.  Bonus I don't have to go into a Service Canada office with paperwork to apply (some of the friends I have 'er had 'er will have breakfast with again...damn covid19 had major paperwork hassles in applying)  Come Tuesday I'm  applying to get my CPP at age 60.  

The only down side in less than a year I'm 60 years old LOL

The bonus my monthly income goes up substantially come April 2021

Double bonus, that extra money can go to...hmmm I wonder what ☺️

A Happy Rambling

RG

• Like 2