highlights of the day

Yeah, the Canadian Army.... drive with your lights on during the day, your lights off at night and they take away your watch after 30 years...

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, waterat said:

Yeah, the Canadian Army.... drive with your lights on during the day, your lights off at night and they take away your watch after 30 years...

Not to mention they prefer you to stay off the roads when driving LOL...(OK just sometimes)

To add to this though it took what seemed like forever to get my Veterans Card, last night and this morning tried applying for my CF One card but my phone wouldn't process a PDF doc. So I emailed and expected to wait forever. Almost immediately got a response and within an hour my CF One card is now in the mail

Delivery time up to Canada Post now

But I was very impressed by the customer service received

A Happy Rambling

RG

• Like 2

My Jan 2021 (and first payment of the year) truck payment finally automatically withdrawn...bank a little slow to take it lol

But the balance owing on my truck (granted) just under $20,000. I made a extra big payment awhile back against the principal otherwise right now it would still be in the $30,000+ range

Just feels good paying things down and hopefully off early

Just A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

@roamingguy does this indicate you're occasionally towing a fishing boat (not needed for ice fishing btw) or have you got a truck bed load of cheese curds? Either way, I'm jealous!

• Like 2

Plans for a boat are slim...I'd buy one but the rental company told me I'd now have to pay for parking for both truck and boat...$100.00 month. Right now parking is free.

And while the curd doesn't go in the bed of the truck I make sure to pick up a big bag along with the cheese I get when I take a drive to the cheese factory

But I've liked pickup trucks since a little boy...I'm a big boy now so I thought why not get myself a pickup truck 🚚 😆 

A Rambling From Trucking RG

• Like 2

Couple Highlights

Still feeling high about how much I've lost...sorry don't intend to sound like I'm boasting just this is as major for me as quitting smoking is for a former smoker (best analogy I can think of)

Weekend chore I hate...laundry...which I do Sunday mornings I got done today. Dumb luck laundry room was free...so my weekend is free for me now 😃

Right now sucking back a cold (no alcohol) 🍺 wearing warm...well hot lounge pants and t-shirt fresh from the dryer 

The biggest...finally after a few extremely frustrating weeks of telephone tag to different customer service🙄 depts in provincial ministry of finance and ministry of transportation to get wrongful fines off my record (they had unpaid parking tickets showing on my records...never had a parking ticket, much less an unpaid one) Talk about extremely frustrating...putting it mildly But I got told today it has been cleared off my records...ahh hallelujah 

A Friday Full Of Highlights Rambling 

RG 🙂

• Like 1

Weigh In Today

A few weeks ago I posted about losing 32 pounds...did a weigh in today 3 pounds more lost, Total 35 pounds lost

Think it's time to celebrate with a quart of ice cream 😆🍦😆 Just Kidding

Keep plucking away but I must admit I feel pretty good today

A Lighter Rambling 

RG

• Like 1

For a quiet day recouping from my second shot...granted I'm only a little stiff and sore...I accomplished alot

1) Contacted insurance company. They're going to mail my certificate (my phone and printer don't talk to one another lol)

2) Called the doctor to let him know I'm vaccinated.

3) Updated my Medic Alert information (in light of receiving covid vaccine) and a new card being mailed.

4) On the phone with Canada Pension. Mind you I was waiting 1hr 5min 50 sec before anyone picked up. But after talking to someone found out (finally) my CPP application (2nd one) approved...1st cheque July 28 yay!!!

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

Confirmation received in the mail today (snail mail not email 😆) from Service Canada. My CPP application received, processed and approved (its about time) and they confirmed my first cheque...well direct deposit 😆 comes on July 28th.

Better yet their estimate of my monthly payment earlier was a little low I'm going to get $80.00 more a month 😃

This is all posted with the caveat that CPP had botched up my pension application already...my first cheque should have come in April. So fingers 🤞 and I'll 100% believe it when I see 👁 it

A Hopeful Rambling 

RG

• Like 2

Well my First of I hope many CPP payments came...a tad late, it was to start in April but it finally came

All those contributions I  made since I was 18 paying off now 😆

A Happy Rambling 

RG

• Like 3

Big Highlight Of The Day...Maybe The Rest Of My Life 

Finally saw the Orthopedic Surgeon today, after quite a long wait. He did a physical exam on both knees, checked my MRI on the left knee and so on and so forth and long story short, both knees need to be scoped. And both knees it's a torn meniscus.

Better news, the wait for surgery is a few months, not a year to three years as I was led to believe. Even better, it's outpatient no need for an overnight stay in hospital

Next step is xrays...appointment booked for next Wednesday

I know it's still a bit of a ways away but looking forward to being able to walk without using a cane...you don't appreciate your joints till you don't have full use of them

A Rambling

RG

tenor-18.gif

• Like 2

Guess an almost highlight of the day.  Got the call today from the surgeons office confirming my knee surgery is on for next week...mind you I'll believe it once it's done

But.....well one thing weighing on my mind about the surgery, a song says it better than I can...😆

Next week March 2 I'm under the knife🤞 all things being equal

A Rambling

RG

Good news everyone...I'm still alive.  I came really close to dying at the end of January because my body was shutting down.  I was under good care and it wasn't at the hospital that I was taken care of.  Not at 100% but working to get better then what I was before I got sick.

Thanks to all for the PM with well wishes.  So much happened while I was gone and not sure I'll be able to go through all the posts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Today I'll be getting my first haircut since end of December.  I'm also getting a shave and a facial....not like the one that I like giving to the ladies, hahaha.  The facial is a gift from my wife, she told me that I would feel much better after getting that.

• Like 2

Had my knee surgery (both knees scoped) yesterday and today first time in a long time woke up to no pain.  Only down side my right knee so bad (worse than x rays showed) in a years time I'm going back in for total knee replacement surgery 

Still need to mend and recover but hard remembering what no pain feels like

Right now feeling good though

A Recovering Sicko's Rambling 

RG

giphy.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NotchJohnson said:

Today I'll be getting my first haircut since end of December.  I'm also getting a shave and a facial....not like the one that I like giving to the ladies, hahaha.  The facial is a gift from my wife, she told me that I would feel much better after getting that.

I wish I could show you a picture of what I looked like before and after my hair cut and shave.  But seriously I think that everyone should get a facial at least once in their life, it felt so so good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

roamingguy, I hope you have a rapid recovery, as well as NJ. Get up and enjoy moving with no pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today big first...went for my first walk sans cane or crutches. Well had to take the garbage out but I was able to walk 🚶‍♂️ slowly mind you to the dumpster. To be safe I carried my cane but didn't need it at all. 

You don't appreciate your joints till they give out on you and you don't appreciate being pain free until you have pain 24/7. 

A Happy Walking Pain Free Rambling

RG

• Thanks 3

I'll be getting special glasses to see color pictures on the monitor and the television so that it does not give me headaches anymore.  Since the end of January looking at the TV screen and color pictures on the monitor was very tough, I have been told about these glasses that removes the glare from that instead of my regular sunglasses that everyone was questioning me about.

• Like 3

Well yesterday first. Surgeon telling me it looks like now a knee replacement way off in the future...I won't need it done in a years time 🙃

Second highlight which I did today, he told me to start exercising (walking and continue my physio) While my walk was slow I walked🚶‍♂️ approx half mile...with no crutches or cane...!!! and started back up with my physio

It's going to be a bit of a haul returning to normal but I can walk...!!! 

RG

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Well yesterday first. Surgeon telling me it looks like now a knee replacement way off in the future...I won't need it done in a years time 🙃

Second highlight which I did today, he told me to start exercising (walking and continue my physio) While my walk was slow I walked🚶‍♂️ approx half mile...with no crutches or cane...!!! and started back up with my physio

It's going to be a bit of a haul returning to normal but I can walk...!!! 

RG

I'm so happy to hear your on the mend and walking RG, one day at a time! I'm cheering you on from afar! Huge virtual hugs 🫂 

• Like 2

I had a wonderful dinner cooked by one of my long time guests/clients and Lyla member that included an amazing St. Patrick's Day Dinner and Delight date yesterday and today I reconnected with a member I haven't seen since 2010 as he moved away and we had a wonderful lunch date. Thank you to both gentlemen, it was a real pleasure and I had a fantastic time with you both! Huge virtual hugs and kisses!!🤗💋

• Like 1

Mixed really but I got my new plate permit...well my current plate permit got stamped (no stickers) and for two years not one, and as many may have heard No Charge...!!! 🙂

The down side, it also means very soon my "odometer" (aka I'm getting older) will be turning. But the plus side, I still am seeing grass from the green side, with the bonus I'm standing unaided (aka sans cane) now.

So all in all a good day today

A Rambling 

RG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1