anyone has insomnia

Guest M*****le*****c-H***s (Reti

There are many soporific herbs that you can buy and make into a tea, or you could get ready-made blends such as 'sleepytime'. I've never found chamomile tea helpful but it may work for some. I find it's best if I use a blend of different herbs for the synergistic effect.

You may also find it helpful to do a short meditation just before bed.

So far Magnesium Citrate seems to help me sleep and has help me with my blood pressure and cholesterol.

Any one has any other remedies to ad?

Guest ***nno**n***

Masterbate until you can't cum anymore. Works on me everytime :-)

Mind you that's my answer for everything....headaches, hangovers, boredom, days off, long car rides lol.

I like to think myself as Nocturnal - I always seem to find myself awake at night.Most times I would do some cross word puzzles and surf the net - or catch a late night talk show-For instance tonight I couldnt sleep 3am in the morning and I stumbled upon cerb figured I would join

Masterbate until you can't cum anymore. Works on me everytime :-)

Mind you that's my answer for everything....headaches, hangovers, boredom, days off, long car rides lol.

Hmmm interesting I shall see if my doctor can prescribe you, for me me hehe lol.

Now while masterbating on long car drive is that a hands free device? Lol

Guest ***nno**n***
Hmmm interesting I shall see if my doctor can prescribe you, for me me hehe lol.

Now while masterbating on long car drive is that a hands free device? Lol

It absolutely is hands free, you put the vibrator in, turn it on and start shifting!

Argh I'm so tired but in too much pain to fall asleep. Damn arm, I rolled on it and woke up screaming in pain. Can't wait to go to the doctor tomorrow and get it checked out. I really hope I don't need a cast.

Lol gonna swerve away from the vibrator talk cuz I suffer from this. It sucks and I have to leave my tv on low volume with rerun movies\tv shows just to fall asleep out of boredom.

There was a two year old CBC documentary that re-aired recently linking insomnia\staying up late to depression and watching tv late at night because of light emission when we're tired(lab test on rats) strongly correlates with insomnia\depression. Hypothesizing that city folk and not rural are more prone to this.

Maybe I should move to the country...

I find I need to have complete silence and darkness, so I wear ear plugs and eye shades to help me sleep :)

I'm starting to have insomnia again. Having hard time falling asleep and will get up around 3am and then fall sleep after a while and then wake up at 6am.

Taking a sleeping pill put me to sleep quicker, but I still wake up often.

Any one have any more suggestions that work for them. Don't wont to get addicted to sleeping pills.

...Taking a sleeping pill put me to sleep quicker, but I still wake up often...

Don't wont to get addicted to sleeping pills.

I'm happy to hear you're not a fan of sleeping pills.

You should see your doctor to eliminate any possible physical issues before further self-prescribing any more medications.

Other tips -

-Go to bed at the same time every day

-Don't sleep in

-Don't exercise in the evening

-Avoid anything stimulating an hour or two before bed like TV and using your computer (read a book instead), and if you are like me, especially avoid cerb, which I find very stimulating.

That explains why I can't sleep :)

I go to bed after 12.am same time

Exercise in the evenings.

watch tv before I go to bed.

Am usually on Cerb for an hour or two before I go to bed, which

mean's I am on the computer.

So in other words too much stimulation for my mind :) lol

I'm happy to hear you're not a fan of sleeping pills.

You should see your doctor to eliminate any possible physical issues before further self-prescribing any more medications.

Other tips -

-Go to bed at the same time every day

-Don't sleep in

-Don't exercise in the evening

-Avoid anything stimulating an hour or two before bed like TV and using your computer (read a book instead), and if you are like me, especially avoid cerb, which I find very stimulating.

Like many who have posted in this thread I also suffer from little or broken sleep.... on average I sleep for 3 to 4 hours a night... i have always been a night owl never going to be before 2 am but I always slept solidly till 7 or 7:30....for the last few years my sleep pattern has really been fucked up.... i still don't get to sleep till 2 or 3 am but now I wake every hour or so and am still up by 7:30.

The good news...... CERB Is a 24 hour community. :)

• Like 1

I've had insomnia on and off for a few years..

How I got rid of it last time was not by any narcotic or over counter sleep medication.. Or even "Melatonin" a natural herbal supplement..

I was prescribed "Trazadone".. Instead of forcing you to sleep.. It works with your brain to allow you to fall asleep naturally.. You only take it for about 10 days.. It did wonders for me!!

• Like 1

Still having problems sleeping. Even the sleeping pills I have been using don't seem to work for me any more. Any more natural remedy recommendations that you have found work for you ?

Try to avoid watching TV or using the computer for at least an hour before going to bed. {Advice from my doctor}

I use a combination of things to get sleep:

• Sleepy Time Herbal Tea
  • White Noise generator
  • Lavender Oil sprinkled on my pillow
  • Mug of hot milk
  • Light snack at bedtime
  • Doctor prescribed sleep aids (Not sleeping pills)
  • No caffeine products after 6 pm
  • No phone, cellphone, TV, or computer in bedroom
  • Room darkening curtains on bedroom window
  • Regular exercise (Something as simple as going for a 20 to 30 minute walk 5 times a week -- turn off cellphone)

* But what worked the best was having a SP come to my home to tuck me into bed for the night. ;)

23 and 1/2 hours

• Like 2

Still having problems sleeping. Even the sleeping pills I have been using don't seem to work for me any more. Any more natural remedy recommendations that you have found work for you ?

I wonder, is this seasonal for you? I do get insomnia when spring is here, thankfully it lasts only about 3 weeks :)

Still having troubles sleeping. take a sleeping pill once every 3 days to sleep. While on holidays in the states I started taking something containing Diphenhydramine HCl similar to cough medicine, It seems to work well, but I don't want to get addicted to it even through it says non habit forming. Does anyone take any of these liquid sleep aids? What works for you.

When I get more than three hours rest a night it is wonderful. I was always a night owl but it has been particularly problematic over the last couple of years.

I don't take anything for the insomnia but it is never a problem on days I spend time with a CERB lady lol

Just my Opinion

Additional Comments:

When I get more than three hours rest a night it is wonderful. I was always a night owl but it has been particularly problematic over the last couple of years.

I don't take anything for the insomnia but it is never a problem on days I spend time with a CERB lady lol

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

I have something that I take when I have trouble sleeping: it is called ''Deep Sleep'' by A. Vogel, a tincture made of plants. It is sold in all pharmacies in the natural products section. I have tried many things, and this is the only product that works on me, without side effects. One negative stuff though: this is the stinkiest and most (repulsive taste) liquid that I have ever had to smell and absorb. But hey, when you want to sleep... it is worth it!

(Oddly enough censorship was in action in this post so I had to change words...)

• Like 1