Finally tim hortons is turning their notorious paper cups green.Isn't it about time.I am a late nighter so I am one who stops by one of the famous haunts for a nightly cup and I am extremely happy that we will now be able to recycle these cups.Since I am a bit of a "tree hugger" this is important to me.I will now probably drink more,it will likely be green tea more than coffee but at least I won't feel the guilt of tossing away paper cups.I know this may be a trivial subject for some but I belive this is a big step towards less garbadge,imagine the amount of coffee's,teas bought by canadians daily.I am sure the amount may astound us.Way to go TIM'S!!

Me too. I love their coffee and real steeped tea is something I can usually ony get at home.I ofter go sit inside , not that I have anyone to talk to but so I'm not useing a paper cup. When I'm in a hurry now and have to get one to go I won't feel too guilty. ( I am not one to carry a travel mug in my car).

Good move Timmy.

It might help a little, but there's a lot of take out cups, and I can't see saving them to take home for the recycle bin. And anyway I always ask for a mug when I'm at the store, gets around the issue and probably more effective.

Good for Timmy's! But if you're a regular hot beverage drinker,

you may want to consider bringing your own ceramic cup.

I suspect that Tim's cups, green or not, are likely lined with a

thin plastic coating. A component of this plastic lining is likely

Bisphenol-A, which when exposed to a hot, acidic liquid, may

leech into it. BPA is an endocrine disruptor and may be

carcinogenic, especially to females.

Drinking coffee this way once a week won't hurt you, but the

cumulatory effect of doing so a few times per day may be

detrimental to your health. Of course, there are so many

other common ways of ingesting BPA that, what the hell,

enjoy life and go out happy!

Edited by oldblueeyes
because I'm a crappy typist and a bit hung over
  • Like 1

Nothing will be different. And sadly, most don't realize the only reason everyone loves Tim Horton's so much is because they use the very lowest grade of beans. Which equals the highest amount of caffeine. It's not good coffee, it's not even Arabica! It's just so highly caffeinated, everyone just 'thinks' they love it. They love the caffeine. As much as I despise McDonald's they make an excellent cup of proper coffee.

Am I still a true Canadian if I feel this way? lol

I really do not find Timmies to be a nice cup of coffee at all. I will take my Keurig brewed cup of coffee anytime over the TH coffee. It really burns my ass, by the number of TH cups that I see on my daily drive to/from work, probably at least a dozen cups. Why?

Took them long enough to wake up and smell the coffee!!!! HAHAHAHA

I couldn't resist! Seriously though, they needed to get their act together. Their coffee may be swill, but they need to be a leader as a major Canadian corporation!

• Like 1

As much as I despise McDonald's they make an excellent cup of proper coffee.

Am I still a true Canadian if I feel this way? lol

Yes you are! And I totally agree!! I never would have thought that McDonald's would have a better coffee than Tim Horton's - but they do! Tim Horton's hasn't been the same since they stopped baking (frying?) donuts on the premises. Remember when you could smell the donuts being cooked when you drove by a Tim Horton's at 2:00am? And their donuts seem to be getting smaller. I'll take McDonald's coffee over Tim Horton's any day.

Guest ch****

Soleil....Do you like a good hockey game? maybe a hard hitting CFL tilt? wear shorts in October? April? then you too can join the Canadian Club. I'll be by next weekend to show you the secret handshake ;) .........timmies is optional :)

I still don't get it.....why are they suddenly going green? What does this mean? Their cups are cardboard...you can recycle them. What's changing?

Guest S***dst***

Tim Hortons hasn't MADE their donuts on premises in over 18 years.

Yes you are! And I totally agree!! I never would have thought that McDonald's would have a better coffee than Tim Horton's - but they do! Tim Horton's hasn't been the same since they stopped baking (frying?) donuts on the premises. Remember when you could smell the donuts being cooked when you drove by a Tim Horton's at 2:00am? And their donuts seem to be getting smaller. I'll take McDonald's coffee over Tim Horton's any day.

Tim Hortons hasn't MADE their donuts on premises in over 18 years.

Which proves two things:

1. Tim Horton's hasn't been the same in 18 years

2. I'm an old bastard