Keep in mind, I don't know anything, OK?  Consider that Phil owns the building, the owner of Nuden owns the building, I don't know about the Playmate.

Those guys, if they sold - and I thought this when a listing came out last year for Barefax, especially Phil - would take a huge loss.  I'm guessing they'd have to be offered a freaking TON over what the property is actually worth, and the potential of the club to make.  There's no point.  The only profit is to ride out this current shit and wait till the clubs come back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so what happened with that lawsuit years ago where a Fax customer wouldn't pay a tab and was roughed up by a bouncer, I believe the customer was injured, was that settled ?   Is that why Insurance won't talk or make an offer ?    Is the issue here more the owner rather than the venue itself ?   So if another person buys Barefax, then Insurance would talk ?   The article makes Phil look like the bad guy here.   Is the issue here Phil, or Barefax itself and an unresolved lawsuit ?   It's like an iceberg, we only see the 10 % above the water, 90 % is hidden below and we can't see easily

18 hours ago, hopeful said:

Ok so what happened with that lawsuit years ago where a Fax customer wouldn't pay a tab and was roughed up by a bouncer, I believe the customer was injured, was that settled ?   Is that why Insurance won't talk or make an offer ?    Is the issue here more the owner rather than the venue itself ?   So if another person buys Barefax, then Insurance would talk ?   The article makes Phil look like the bad guy here.   Is the issue here Phil, or Barefax itself and an unresolved lawsuit ?   It's like an iceberg, we only see the 10 % above the water, 90 % is hidden below and we can't see easily

Read the article and you will see it is not just the Fax, he had the same issue with the downstairs place that was Zaphod's. The article also implies that other business owners are running into the same problem in the hospitality business.

I miss The Fax ; been going there since the early 80's ; it's my oasis in the middle of cold boring Ottawa, I'm so grateful to all the beautiful young ladies who have been so kind to me over the years. I love hanging around out front on the sunny sidewalk on a spring day , sometimes a dancer will show up and join you for a smoke , they looks nice in their street clothes too. Remember the roast beef Fridays ? omg that was a good meal, you've got big screens, cold beer, air conditioning on a hot day, and lots of gorgeous girls running around in skimpy outfits, not the mention the staff there , to all the staff over the years I  would just like to say THANK-YOU !! and I hope The Fax will continue , it's the best place in Ottawa !

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MarkB said:

Now that Bare Fax has reopened, does anybody know if Sophia has returned?

I heard that she was at Pigs daytime, maybe until the Fax goes back to normal hours.

• Like 1

Have the champagne rooms opened at Bare Fax yet? Do the dancers dance with masks in the champagne room and are the dances there back to where it was before covid-19?

Stopped by the Barefax this week, late, around midnight. It was funny, I did not know where the women were, if they had gone, or were all upstairs, or on break or whatever, and there were only a dozen or so patrons. But an hour later, around 1, there were dozens of patrons and a dozen or so women. Pretty cool for a Wednesday night! It was so great to be once again watching beautiful women moving about sexily and taking off their clothes. Oh, how I missed it! There's something so enticing about seeing a woman on stage, then having the chance to talk, have a drink together and then have a few private dances. I saw the familiar faces of Carmella and Khloe, and saw Chai, Kayla, Honey, Cinnamon, and Kiki. I went for dances with Chai, and with Khloe, and was reminded how much I had missed it and was SO glad to be finally back again (and no masks during the dances YAY!) Cheers to the Barefax being back in business!

• Thanks 3

A bunch of us regulars were at BF last night and it was mighty slow at 8pm. I guess it started to pick up a bit around 10, but it was not the best night I've spent there. I had to fight to get a drink, and the girls were not of the highest calibre.

Also, beware of a tall black woman named Eva. She's a thieving cunt.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kilt Boy said:

A bunch of us regulars were at BF last night and it was mighty slow at 8pm. I guess it started to pick up a bit around 10, but it was not the best night I've spent there. I had to fight to get a drink, and the girls were not of the highest calibre.

Also, beware of a tall black woman named Eva. She's a thieving cunt.

Sorry to hear about this KB. You know we have all been through it but it still doesn't soften the blow.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what time the fax actually opens these days? I’ve seen noon, 2 pm and 8 pm. I’m more of a daytime guy - if it’s open, is it worth going before 8 pm anyway - if at all with remaining restrictions? If anyone had any intel on any of the ladies, I’d appreciate that too - I haven’t been since before the pandemic and so feel totally out of touch.

Dropped by the Barefax last week...i went slightly on the earlier side..... there were very few dancers... only 3 in fact.... 2 simply stayed at the bar talking to the bar tender... 1 sat in a corner eating dinner with one of the bouncers..... so it was dead..... so I left..... more annoying was they were charging $9 coat check fee.... is that normal for barefax..... seems quite high...

Edited by verticalsmile

I am hopeful and remain hopeful that Phil finds a buyer for this club for the new year otherwise I am afraid this club will be gone by February, especially with a rumoured Nationwide Lockdown pending for January to deal with the new variant  (Trudeau has already discussed it with the Premiers)

selling a club that you can't open will be tough don't you think. I would like to see the club stay as well but given the environment, I feel it's like the strip club business is starting all over again. Think about it, there are dancers that are still around but quite a few have moved on so you have to find new ones to fill the void. The same can be said for patrons.

The circle is closing in, so I decided to spend a little time at BF today after work.

There are hand-made signs in the stairwell with a list of the Christmas hours. These are different from the posted hours. I didn't take a pic. Sorry.

I could have showed up at 4 today if I'd known they were open.

Anyway, bad management aside, I spent time with a few of the lovely ladies in the short time I had. They all seemed to know me from years ago and seemed eager to go. The most memorable was Chai. She seems a little different from my memory of her, but she is still a curvy and fun woman. A bit on the restrictive side, but that's fine with me. She was attentive and intelligent. The funny thing is that my well-earned reputation as a gentleman got me more freedoms than a regular punter would have gotten. By not pushing, I am given more leeway. I find that illogical. I'm not complaining, though.

I left around 8:30 and it was slowly picking up with maybe 8 girls on and a dozen customers.

I was told that they are sticking to their regular staff and not hiring anyone new from across the river.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am looking for a club buddy to go with to the Brefax club.   I am a straight male in my 30s, and I am finding it uncomfortable to stay in the club and not talking to anybody.
Please reply if you are going to the Barefax from time to time.
Regards,
Mr. Peter

All clubs closed likely till spring.  If you don't like that fact, there is an election in June where you can vote Ford out and in Quebec Oct 3 where you can vote Legault out.   Numbers count, if people don't fight this government control, the government will continue to walk over us and restrict our rights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:48 PM, hopeful said:

All clubs closed likely till spring.  If you don't like that fact, there is an election in June where you can vote Ford out and in Quebec Oct 3 where you can vote Legault out.   Numbers count, if people don't fight this government control, the government will continue to walk over us and restrict our rights.

After all it is just a pandemic.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 7:48 PM, hopeful said:

So Angela Horwath is going to campaign on opening up the strip clubs?

(I bet Doug Ford has been to a few!)

• Haha 1