Question regarding Sydney?

I can't figure out why Sydney is so under-served or am I just looking in all the wrong places? Given the hundreds of choices in Halifax / Dartmouth and dividing by the lesser population of Sydney there should be at least 20 or more choices.

If you know of any SPs in Sydney please let me know the details. Thanks.

There's really not a lot of choice around Sydney. Most of the girls that pop up around here are either on their way up in the business and once they make the money to set themselves up somewhere nicer/cleaner/bigger/busier, they're off to bigger and better things or they're trying to make ends meet in the short term.

Sydney and the area is just too close a community for the most part. Everyone knows everyone's business and they make a point of disapproving. That makes it hard for SPs to work since so many people take it upon themselves to be judgemental. Hell, there was years when Sydney didn't have a sex shop due to the outcry of morally outraged residents and we still don't have a strip club due to morality by-laws even though most of the people that wanted those laws are dead from extreme old age at this point. I can't imagine our quaint little town would be much more accepting of SPs than they've been over shops.

When I get the urge to see an SP, I usually make it part of a trip to Halifax. I treat it like it's Vegas Scotia.

The other problem around here is money. There's a fair number of people out of work, but there's also a much larger part of the population that have jobs that hover just above minimum wage. With that being the case, even the people who are interested in a quality SP, don't have the resources to keep her working to the extent that she can get elsewhere. Hopefully between the Lower Churchill Falls power generation deal that's still pending and the shipbuilding contract in Halifax, there'll be a lot more jobs created over the next 3 years that will change that, but right now, it's pretty bleak for convincing an SP to call Sydney home.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. I was afraid that was going to be the answer I would get. I still think because of the total lack of independents in Sydney, an SP could operate quite discreetly, very selectively and still be busy as she wanted to be. There are also opportunities for SPs that might not do too well in the big city (non PSEs, etc.) due to intense competition but as long as she provided an adequate and honest GFE service she would have to limit the number of clients she could take on as there just wouldn't be enough time. I was hoping there were at least one or two such choices that were operating in under the radar by word of mouth only but I guess that is not the case. I would agree with your point about it being an economically depressed area with no free cash flow if the new car dealerships weren't doing so well and there wasn't so many of them.

Thanks again for the reply.