Public transit nono's

I've decided that taking the bus would be fun and exciting, and at first it was..I wondered why everyone had their "bus face" on, but, that's probably because I was new the the entire adventure of busing and couldn't possibly understand it. Today, I was alone on the bus for the first time in ten years. I've come to the conclusion that I too should wear a "bus face" because sucking it up is not an option.

This may sound critical or cruel but I have a few suggestions for everyone taking the bus. Okay, mostly for the annoying or annoyed.

Firstly

PRIORITY SEATING! I'm seeing far too many youthful and healthy bus-ers having to be told to take a hike or being yelled at that a priority seat is needed.

LESS COLOGNE OR EAU DE HOE! Phew, Is it stuffy in here? Did someone just spill a bottle or perfume? Some people are allergic, couldn't they just wait until they reached their destination to douse themselves with the bottle?

NO BUMS IN FACE! Please, if standing is required, grab one side of the bus and face bum inward towards center and not my face.

PRIVATE CONVERSATION ARE PRIVATE! and I really don't want to hear about your roommates syphilis headaches.

GERMS! Please cover your mouth when you cough and not with your hand just to smear it on the bus.

LOUD MUSIC! Do I really have to hear your Justin Beiber? And if you have to play it so loud because it's obviously "your" song, why do you still have your "bus face" on?

Is it really too much to ask? Anyone notice anything else that annoys them?

Next time I take the bus, I will most definitely take some soduko and music or maybe read and never be left stranded again.

• Like 2

PRIORITY SEATING! I'm seeing far too many youthful and healthy bus-ers having to be told to take a hike or being yelled at that a priority seat is needed.

While I fully agree with you 100% that people who do not need priority seating should offer their seats to those who need it, I will point out that not every disability/special need is visible and we should reserve judgement.

CELL PHONES. Do you really need to have that argument with your bill collector on your cell right next to me? Don't have phone conversations on the bus. This drives me crazier than crazy.

Being a regular user of public transit, I can't get on a bus without headphones pumping music, except I have earbuds with noise reduction and no one but me can hear all that Rihanna. Hahaha.

• Like 1

Eating....your food may smell wonderful to you but that mess in your tupperware container is really offensive!

Not only the food but the cup of JO, and not only the bus. Turn the corner in the store you are going to bump into someone pushing a cart and sipping from a Tim's cup in the other hand.

Backpacks that push their way into your face when your sitting down or jab you in the back when you're standing. Please remove them and place them at your feet. But then again, I'll probably end up tripping over them. Ugh....

Tell me again why I hate taking the bus.

Backpacks that push their way into your face when your sitting down or jab you in the back when you're standing. Please remove them and place them at your feet. But then again, I'll probably end up tripping over them. Ugh....

Tell me again why I hate taking the bus.

I almost always have a huge school bag with me and as soon as I get on, I carry that shit in front of me so I don't inadvertently smash someone in the face with it.

I feel like some of these things are just basic common sense respect things but apparently not to everyone.

Oh yes, I have forgotten many! Loud ring tones for ignored texts,just silence your phone oif you're not planning on picking it up!

NO BUMS IN FACE! Please, if standing is required, grab one side of the bus and face bum inward towards center and not my face.

Oh my, this caused me much consternation in my bus riding days. Whenever I found myself stranded and standing, I found it a challenge positioning myself to be respectful to those sitting. Bum inward is the obvious solution. But then, that leaves the other side of me kind of "out here." My worst fear was the bus lurching one way and me thrusting the other way. Eventually I worked it out... bum-inward at a 45 degree angle and me standing just behind the back of the seat. That way, should the bus lurch and me thrust, there would be no full-facial accidents.

Oh my, this caused me much consternation in my bus riding days. Whenever I found myself stranded and standing, I found it a challenge positioning myself to be respectful to those sitting. Bum inward is the obvious solution. But then, that leaves the other side of me kind of "out here." My worst fear was the bus lurching one way and me thrusting the other way. Eventually I worked it out... bum-inward at a 45 degree angle and me standing just behind the back of the seat. That way, should the bus lurch and me thrust, there would be no full-facial accidents.

LOL @ facial accidents :)

It's the people that decide to stand in front of the back door and block the way of the passengers trying to get off that drive me nuts. I want to yell and swear at them.

Next are the inconsiderate assholes (and it always seems to be guys) that sit slouched in the sideways seats so that their legs and feet are well into the isle and risk tripping me. They don't even try to move.

Edited by Jazzitup
  • Like 1

I also hate when you are sitting in the 2-seater seats, someone sits beside you, no problem, BUT it is a problem when it is time for me to get off, and the idiot beside me is to lazy to get up & move, and wants me to get up and climb over them I suppose????

ALSO< it would be sooooooo nice if everyone who decides to take the bus that day, could shower, USE deodorant and brush their dam teeth, and maybe even use a little mouthwash too :)

Edited by V****sa Va**
  • Like 1

ALSO< it would be sooooooo nice if everyone who decides to take the bus that day, could shower, USE deodorant and brush their dam teeth, and maybe even use a little mouthwash too :)

And I thought I was alone in my thoughts.

:)

Is this a no no ??

Personally I loved standing when riding the buses on hot summer days, some of the seated ladies showing lots of cleavage. Hard not to sneak a peek :wink:

hot-anonymous-girls-20.jpg?w=500&h=375

This is always fine, just don't lean too close to my man because he's a grabber and we don't need another lawsuit... jk