Favourite Christmas dish?

Left over Turkey-white meat on Toasted whole wheat-garnished with lettuce en-suite and mayo the real treat-you can't defeat this all you can eat main street repeat

turkey dipped in turkey gravy, but the gravy must b made from the turkey drippings the homemade way not can stuff for me!!

P.s i love rum balls all tho i never got any this year :cry:

I am with Emily, mmmmm shortbread cookies!

Along with the turkey, stuffing and mashed, I love my mom's coleslaw and I must have acorn squash baked with brown sugar and butter.

Shortbread cookies half dipped in thick semi-sweet chocolate. You have your pure cookie side... and then the all out uber indulgent thick chocolate coated other side....

Nanaimo bars

I am going to say it... I actually like Fruitcake with the marzipan on top....

This year added to the mix (just for myself) apple crumble tarts and apple crisp...got a couple good recipes

And my first time tart cooking turned out GREAT!!!

RG

• Like 1

There is a candy you only get at Christmas, called chicken bones. I suspect you can only get them down east, although I think I've seen them at the bulk barn. They are chocolate with a hard pink cinnamon flavoured coating. UM UM.

• Like 1

Umm Christmas! I love everything about it, but I would have to say the best is Granny's home made turkey soup. I just love being all cuddled up by the fireplace all nice and warm watching my favorite Christmas movies and sipping on a warm bowl of soup.

Stiletto Girl

Charlie

XO

• Like 1

I always go solo for the holidays, so for me my favorite edibles are:

Home made toffee. Think a creamy, soft Wether's. SO GOOD and worth the hour of non-stop stirring to make it!

Cornish hen with stuffing; turkey's too big, so it's a great excuse for me to enjoy a little decadence for one.

Cranberry sauce made from scratch.

Egg nog. Especially home-made egg nog. Whoa mamma!

Mashed taters with lots of butter (this girl doesn't do margarine) and gravy.

Carrot cake with creamed cheese icing. It's a sort-of tradition I have started with myself.

Last, but assuredly not least, is boozy hot cocoa! I use the alkalized cocoa powder for a richer flavor, milk, sugar and a splash of peppermint schnapps. Heaven, especially after a few of them :D

Except for a married period, I've always gone solo for Christmas too.

Don't mean nothing to me.

Vietnamese take-out, walking around an empty city on Christmas Eve.

Sounds sad, but only to those who need others.

• Like 1

Ohhh there are so many foods at Christmas that I don't get any other time of the year! Prime rib roast, mashed potatos, broccoli, gravy annnnnd yorkshire pudding (the best bit). Lamb and mint jelly. Turkey (and the TURKEY NECK), dressing, pease pudding, cabbage, salt beef, cranberry sauce mm. Lindt chocolate balls, christmas oranges. Enchiladas made with cream cheese and cream and cheese and and and pecans and more cream and cheese, eaten cold from the fridge the next morning. (Wait, did I just admit that?)

There is a candy you only get at Christmas, called chicken bones. I suspect you can only get them down east, although I think I've seen them at the bulk barn. They are chocolate with a hard pink cinnamon flavoured coating. UM UM.

Yessss so many memories!

EDIT: I'm also pretty partial to makin gingerbread houses!!

Home-made mince pies and butter tarts; old school Christmas cake made 3 months ahead and soaked in rum or brandy with some sharp old cheddar - oh oh oh so good

Guest *SS F***y

I'm the same as Mature Angela. I love the stuffing. I don't care about the turkey, cabbage rolls, or anything else. Oh, and I can't wait for the holiday season to start, when I can get my eggnog!

My Mom's in particular, good old style German, with Vinegar flavored boiled cabbage and rice with beef and onions and salt and pepper.

But I have not eatne any even close to that since she passed away 9 years ago.