That is scary!!. I guess the guys were the clients. wow, could that ever screw you up having your name in the paper!!!!!!

That is scary!!. I guess the guys were the clients. wow, could that ever screw you up having your name in the paper!!!!!!

yeah, this is very scary. any ideas why they are busted? Are they busted because they don't have a rub and tug license or what?

yeah, this is very scary. any ideas why they are busted? Are they busted because they don't have a rub and tug license or what?

It says "bawdy houses" so they were having sex or performing sex acts. A body rub license allows non registered massage therapists to massage you. The massage of the genitals is very much in the gray area. Anything more then this (them naked and rubbing you, your touching them, bj's, sex, daty, digits, etc...) is all illegal as the place goes from being a "massage spa" to a "common bawdy house" and that is very much illegal in Canada under the criminal code. If you are caught in a bawdy house when it is raided you will be charged as a patron and the ladies will be charged as attendants. Any men working or the owner will be charged off living off the avails and keeping a common bawdy house. They are all criminal charges.

The police release ALL the names to the newspapers for print cause nothing scares the average person more then your co-workers (or family) finding out you were caught in a prostitution sting.

LE seems to be making the rounds...first Gatineau, then Angel's Touch, and now some of the downtown MPs. Is this just a regular sweep, or would these MPs have done something extra to warrant the attention?

I know the ASIAN parlors are getting hit across the country as they are known to be sex slave bawdy houses where the women are forced to work against their will (at least that is what I have been told). Other places get busted from complaints from the community or just to keep everyone in check.

Read my post above...

Anything more then this (them naked and rubbing you, your touching them, bj's, sex, daty, digits, etc...) is all illegal as the place goes from being a "massage spa" to a "common bawdy house" and that is very much illegal in Canada under the criminal code.

No license exists to make this legal!

I know there is no such thing as a happy ending license however if there was, this would give completely new meaning to political pull.

Badda bing

I know the ASIAN parlors are getting hit across the country as they are known to be sex slave bawdy houses where the women are forced to work against their will (at least that is what I have been told). Other places get busted from complaints from the community or just to keep everyone in check.

Read my post above...

Anything more then this (them naked and rubbing you, your touching them, bj's, sex, daty, digits, etc...) is all illegal as the place goes from being a "massage spa" to a "common bawdy house" and that is very much illegal in Canada under the criminal code.

No license exists to make this legal!

what about a topless massage? the last MP I went to, was topless, I can't recall but I think she got down to her panties too....

what about a topless massage? the last MP I went to, was topless, I can't recall but I think she got down to her panties too....

What about it? Your asking like you don't know the answer?? Was it a sexual act? or was it theraputic? Maybe both and that would the the argument so many places let is slide. Are the ladies being forced to work? Well that now becomes something our country would just not allow as that crosses the line.

Bill Clinton got away with a BJ technically (because it was not full our sex) but did he really get away with it? Being made public that is?

Of course the license does not allow nudity or hand jobs (very gray area) defined as "sexual contact" but one would argue that sexual contact is therapeutic... and that only intercourse is a sex act... this is why these things get thrown out of court. If you get caught in a place having sex however then your screwed in more ways then one... but what are the odds of that? Really....

Let's do the math ... say the place has been open 2 years without being busted and is open 7 days a week 12 hours a day... the average visit is 45 minutes and the place just got busted.... chances of your being in the place when it got busted based on these numbers is 1 : 11680 (so the chances of being in the place when they get busted are very low so maybe this is why the risk is acceptable to many people). I am sure however that this risk is not acceptable for many people who have a lot to loose if a name was to be published in a paper... so by the police doing this they do lower the level of business these places get significanly I would suspect.

Thats the one Big downfall for many MP's, too many people coming and going, and its too easy for LE to see all this traffic. Much easier for an independent to be more discreet, and thus not bring on too much attention from LE or the community at large. Afterall, this business is really all about discretion, and if everyone under the sun can see you coming and going, then it's not very discreet is it? Clients need to feel comfortable, safe, and be able to enjoy their time... AND that's what its about, spending time with somebody and ejoying that time together as consenting adults.

The major point of me switching from MP's to SP's years back...more discretion with SP's.

At rub parlours there was always far too much traffic + my buddy works for BY-LAW they send gents into Bawdy places to see what else is going on, checking for licence, then report back, imagine the city forks out cash for my buddy to get a little rub action.:-D

But the main reason for switching was to have the whole package with a lady, there is nothing like it.:mrgreen:

No matter how you slice it, if you are on their list you will be busted. And here is a little piece of advice, I'll bet my house and all of my falling stocks that LE's have and will monitor this site. All you can do is play it safe, don't give away the farm and always do a gut check first.

just a reality check.

rub

The lady must be full clothed and must even have sleeves (can be short sleeves) the client can be naked. If one of the MP's is not in the correct uniform, bingo. Or if one of the ladies offers the wrong service to the wrong client again it's all over. And as we know it is not the room it is the whole licensed establishment. One work around could be to license a portion of a building (these licensees are for portions of the building suite 408 etc...) then create a second space connected by a secret door or passageway. If you get the green light you can go to the second location. This is how the most successful speak eases were run during prohibition.

The whole idea that we as honest law abiding citizens need to hide and cower like criminals for a natural human behavior is appalling. However clearly the criminals have a strong lobby to keep this type of activity illegal.

Interesting odds Mod, aren't they! Nonetheless I personally am no longer prepared to take on these odds. Aside from the personal affront of finding your name in the paper , let's not forget the legal fees required to get the damn charges thru the court system and if you are found or plead guilty, the long term impact it may have on your ability to travel to the U.S. for example or the additional money you get to "donate" to a charity in order to get the judge to keep your criminal record clean.

Unfortunately, been there, done that. I say three cheers for the Indy SP/MP, and stay away from the massage parlours.

Thats the one Big downfall for many MP's, too many people coming and going, and its too easy for LE to see all this traffic. Much easier for an independent to be more discreet, and thus not bring on too much attention from LE or the community at large. Afterall, this business is really all about discretion, and if everyone under the sun can see you coming and going, then it's not very discreet is it? Clients need to feel comfortable, safe, and be able to enjoy their time... AND that's what its about, spending time with somebody and ejoying that time together as consenting adults.

Totally agree. Why spend almost the same bucks for a quick - and potentially risky - HJ from a busy MA when you could have the whole meal deal? Most independents working out of apartments take a maximum of 3 or 4 clients a day. Which adds up to at least several hundred dollars a day even if all the bookings are all half-hours, which they usually aren't. So, good living for them with no middle-person rake-off. Encourages a good service attitude. Plus, doing that volume, they have the energy and enthusiasm they need for good service.

Low traffic, discrete, high energy, full service (and sometimes more - lol) and no agency BS. Support your local independent!

Asian Massage and Asian Massage Therapy.

Note to self...Avoid places called with the words "asian massage" in the name.

I know of at least one other with this on their advertising sign outside.

I can't believe they can print client names unless they had hidden cameras of the activity or they walk in during the act with their search warrant, otherwise the police are up for a huge lawsuit as there are clients who really do only get a massage.

and to top it off at I was at one of these locales monday at 6. guess my karma is good.....hope I don't have to plan when I get horny now ... that's why I like walkin mps locales.

r100rs

I can't believe they can print client names unless they had hidden cameras of the activity or they walk in during the act with their search warrant, otherwise the police are up for a huge lawsuit as there are clients who really do only get a massage.

and to top it off at I was at one of these locales monday at 6. guess my karma is good.....hope I don't have to plan when I get horny now ... that's why I like walkin mps locales.

r100rs

The criminal code law clearly says "Anyone found IN a common bawdy house" (this includes the receptionist, people asking questions at the front desk, people in the rooms, etc... EVERYONE). And anyone "Charged" with a criminal code offense the newspapers can freely print.... and they do.

Let's do the math ... say the place has been open 2 years without being busted and is open 7 days a week 12 hours a day... the average visit is 45 minutes and the place just got busted.... chances of your being in the place when it got busted based on these numbers is 1 : 11680 (so the chances of being in the place when they get busted are very low so maybe this is why the risk is acceptable to many people). I am sure however that this risk is not acceptable for many people who have a lot to loose if a name was to be published in a paper... so by the police doing this they do lower the level of business these places get significanly I would suspect.

But if anyone go to MP once a week, then the numbers is 52:11680 which is 1:224 so the chance of getting busted become VERY HIGH.

Btw, is it safe to go to CMJ, I am a regular there.

But if anyone go to MP once a week, then the numbers is 52:11680 which is 1:224 so the chance of getting busted become VERY HIGH.

Btw, is it safe to go to CMJ, I am a regular there.

Hmmm, your math is out but of course your going to increase your risk.

Every time you walk in the door you have a 1:11680 chance of being one of the unlucky people. If you go 52 times a year over two years you would have gone in 104 times so you would increase your risk factor to 1:112 chance you will be in the place when it gets busted.

Now 1:112 is really still pretty low really but obviously much more risky.

I love CMJ. Jasmin has set it up very discretely and cleverly to bypass the city by-laws and have a very good chance in court against federal bawdy house charges. That wouldn't stop an overly-zealous Ottawa Police officer from raiding it though. While everybody would have a very good chance of being vindicated in court (or having the charges dropped before it even went to court), there would still be the major PITA of the names in the paper/criminal charges on your record. The risk of a raid is quite a bit lower than in a public parlour with a big neon sign, but it's not zero.

It should be noted that Jasmin has been trying for years to set up a legal establishment, this being said I'm sure she did her homework and that all of the Is where dotted and the Ts crossed. Never zero, just cause we are in canada.

Of all of the places this being a members only club it's likely better.

I love CMJ. Jasmin has set it up very discretely and cleverly to bypass the city by-laws and have a very good chance in court against federal bawdy house charges. That wouldn't stop an overly-zealous Ottawa Police officer from raiding it though. While everybody would have a very good chance of being vindicated in court (or having the charges dropped before it even went to court), there would still be the major PITA of the names in the paper/criminal charges on your record. The risk of a raid is quite a bit lower than in a public parlour with a big neon sign, but it's not zero.

When I saw the title to this thread --I thought it was about breasts!

It's worth noting that none of the places that were busted held a city license to do massage of any kind. There was a list posted last summer of all the licensed establishments...I think it was on this board but I can't be sure. I'd be interested to know if there have ever been any busts involving any of those places.

I can only think of two cases in the past five years where LE shut down a licensed place. One was a bust where the MPAs were clearly offering waaaaay too many extras, and the other (more recently) where the license was apparently suspended by the city (perhaps not coincidentally after they allegedly tried to open a second location).

Still...this is a trend that's worth keeping an eye on.