Blocked Calls â?? Wish I knew who this was.

Yikes, that's messed up! I tend to agree with you, should stop answering private numbers then. You have to wonder what the hell goes through people's heads at times!

that sounds like a nut bar. i know there is a way to block calls but i would have to ask one of my kids how to do it. maybe your service provider for your phone could hellp you out so you dont have to go through that agian.i know there is a few times i have booked in advance and then had to cancell , but they know i have an hour to travel and it has been due to weather like freezing rain. hope they understand.i didnt llike to cancel as i know i was mmissing out on a good time and was disappionted.

I posted this on another thread a while back.

All SP's should have this so you don't have to worry about blocked callers.

"I'm not 100% certain but I'm certain someone told me once, you can either set your phone or buy a service from the phone company where blocked/unknown numbers won't even ring on your phone. They quickley go to a message that says this phone will not allow blocked or unknown numbers.

Sure for us pooners it can be a pain sometimes. I used to work in a building that has steel reinforced concrete walls. There was no way I could get a cellphone signal in or out of there. Thus my only option was a land line that I couldn't use to call an SP so I was often SOL."

Cheers

I don't think the problem is with blocking your number, it's with answering a phone call that shows up as a blocked number. While in mainstream life (best term to come up with) there can be many valid reasons to block your number, this is why a lady in this lifestyle shouldn't be answering blocked numbers, nor should gentlemen expect a lady to answer a blocked number.

RG

• Like 1

I think it is a widely practiced standard around here that ladies do not accept blocked calls, ever.

It is a good idea for the ladies who do not answer blocked #s, to find out how to set up the block # blocking on their phone. *60 will affect individual callers (with some phone services) and there are other paid or unpaid features to redirect each and every caller that uses block #s to either call back unblocked or choose to reveal the #.

it may be a paid feature, in which case it is well worth the extra fee, imo.

I answer block #s, and utilize *60 if one is rude or a nuisance.

This is an example of call reveal. I think most phone companies will have some kind of similar feature:

http://www.telus.com/content/help/home-phone-support/calling-features/call-reveal.jsp

When Caller Reveal is on:

1. An unidentified caller calls your phone number.
  2. The caller hears a message explaining that you do not accept calls from unidentified phone numbers.
  3. The caller will be prompted to take one of two actions:

1. If the caller is 'unknown', they are prompted to enter their 10-digit phone number for display.
    2. If the caller is 'private', they are prompted to press '1' to display their phone number or press '3' to key in their phone number for display.

[*]Caller Reveal then confirms if the number entered matches the actual number from which they are calling. Caller Reveal uses symbols to indicate if the number entered is a real, fictitious or unknown number:

1. If a "private" call is unblocked, an "^" symbol will display before the name to let you know Caller Reveal identified the caller's name and number.
  2. If a telephone number is entered, a "*" symbol will display before the name to let you know that the name & number provided are based on the caller's entry.
  3. If you want to accept the call, simply pick up the receiver. If you choose not to accept the call, the phone will continue to ring until the caller hangs up or is transferred to voice mail (if you subscribe to Personal Voice Mail).

• Like 3

Also would if you did have this booking with the blocked caller and he hurts you or rapes you how will he ever be traced?? never setup an appointment with a blocked caller for your own safety...please. The least they could do is if you choose to answer the call, i would normally say inorder for me to proceed could i call you back with a number and if he says no i say goodbye.

theres my two senses

• Like 1

I have a feature on my phone that blocks unknown #'s my phone doesn't ring it automatically goes to voice mail but if the unknown # wants they can still leave a message. But here's the strange/weird thing I turned my phone on yesterday @ noon to check my messages after being away on hiatus and I recieved 11 unkown calls between 12-4:27pm (no messages left) this morning I turned my phone on @ 6am and by 1:10 pm I had recieved 33 unknown calls starting at 6:17am (caller never left any messages)

Somebody has too much time on their hands or has a strange obsession........

I use to answer blocked calls but I would tell the caller as soon as I answered I required a verifiable # if they were a legitimate they would have no problem otherwise I would politely tell them good-bye now I never answer blocked calls.

It is entirely possible that someone calling does not know their number is blocked (like if they call from a business or hotel, the # shows up blocked). So a feature that tells them they are calling from a block #, and redirecting it to that message, I think can cut down on that serial calling. If you just use a feature that goes to your regular voice mail, then it might be helpful if you make sure the message that they hear includes that you do not answer blocked #s, repeat calls will not get answered faster, and that they need to leave their phone # and you will call them back.

If this doesn't happen, then try the *60 to block them from even getting directed to your voice mail, or ever being able to call you again. It only works if you press *60 immediately after the call.

You could also try answering it one time, see if they are calling non stop, and figure out why they think that is ok. Doesn't hurt to try. Remember every time your phone is ringing, you could be missing another caller who calls at the exact same time, and their call is getting directed to voicemail immediately. If they do not leave a message, and do not call back, your serial caller is interfering with your ability to run your business. You may be losing legit callers every time that phone rings and another caller is dialling at the same time.

I know this is not always happening, but I have gone back to my phone from time to time and seen that I do have a message from someone who called while I was on both lines. Who knows how many calls come in that you don't know about, while this is going on.