Lack of info

Today, I tried to find out some details of a new MA posting here on Cerb. I asked for some basic details - fees, services, perhaps a photo. I was given the door fee. That's it. The response was that we don't give that online or by phone - only in person.

I don't know about you, but going in without a clue as to what is waiting for me is a deal breaker.

Gents - what do you think. Do you mind flying blind or do you prefer negotiating with your pants off?

Well I for one won't negotiate, whether with a SP or MA...her rates are her rates. But with that said, I would like to know before an encounter what the lady's rates are, that to me seems a reasonable enough request

RG

You said "door fee," so I'm assuming you're talking about an MA at a studio/spa. If you contacted her through the spa, then there are limits as to what we can answer over the phone on a business line, which is why I prefer clients contact me through my profile here, my email, or my phone number.

I usually don't ask questions going in the door. Once in the room, the question of services/fees comes up fairly early in the session. If everything is agreeable, so be it. If not, then I don't partake. The MA knows what she wants out of the session. If it is beyond what I want to or can provide then it is what it is. I have left more than one MA a bit unhappy because of this, but in the end, there is a business end to this.

Regarding fees, I usually don't negotiate down. However, if I have visited the establishment before and the services/fees seem out of line from prior visits, I may ask why but usually don't try to talk the fee down.

Take care,

:)

This sort of thing is only really an issue at the spas. I think if you've been around for a while you know pretty well what the range is, and it's really dependent on what you want from the session. I see one provider where there is no nudity, and I continue to see her because she gives a real good massage and understands how to give a superlative release. Others I expect a shower, body contact and some pretty liberal touching. If you can talk to the provider, ask for an all in fee. Also I always carry a few extra bucks in case she wants more than I expect, her loss because I won't repeat. And my last thought, lots of times I don't ask, and generally they are quite happy with what's laid down on the table at the end of the session.

Try not too be too cheap and you'll have a great time.

• Like 1

Wow, don't be so hard on the poor guy.

I have just recently sent a private CERB message to an MA working at a spa about her rates and services and she offered all the information I needed. That's one of the benefits of being a member of CERB.

I would be just as disappointed as ulixestrojan when asking for more info and all you get is the door rate.

Guest s**nflute

I have just recently sent a private CERB message to an MA working at a spa about her rates and services and she offered all the information I needed. That's one of the benefits of being a member of CERB.

I would be just as disappointed as ulixestrojan when asking for more info and all you get is the door rate.

A PM to a MA, assuming the MA in an Indy, you will obtain rates, however obtaining rates from a Spa is a little different, the ladies work for someone else. to obtain that info from a Spa.......if you are a CERB member and the Spa does advertise on this forum the chances are good, other Spa who wish not to advertise on CERB chances are........correct if I am wrong!!

There used to be a time when things were even more paranoid than they are now. Back then, you just got the door fee, and everything else had to be "discussed" in the room during the massage, directly with the girl. After doing this a few times, you got the basic gist of the fee structure. Having CERB PM's would've been a godsend back then.

During those paranoid days, I discovered that what they wanted was not to state anything directly themselves, but they wanted you to state a question that could be answered with a yes/no. So you might have raised a question like, "If I brought $xx, then would that be enough of a tip?", where you replace "xx" with a real amount.

It's all good. I guess I prefer disclosure up front. Not cheap just like to walk in knowing what the deal is. There are lots of other places to invest my pleasure money.

Currently experiencing the same situation. From this thread, likely the same lady. She does not come across as being part of a spa but maybe I'm missing something. Definitely not thrilled about an indy pulling what I consider to be the nickel and dime door fee scenario.

However, as stated above, there are many other fish. And several I like a lot!

Guest s**nflute
There used to be a time when things were even more paranoid than they are now. Back then, you just got the door fee, and everything else had to be "discussed" in the room during the massage, directly with the girl. After doing this a few times, you got the basic gist of the fee structure. Having CERB PM's would've been a godsend back then.

During those paranoid days, I discovered that what they wanted was not to state anything directly themselves, but they wanted you to state a question that could be answered with a yes/no. So you might have raised a question like, "If I brought $xx, then would that be enough of a tip?", where you replace "xx" with a real amount.

So true Whiteman, it's when the MA of a Spa had to go back and discuss your offer with the owner, like buying a new or used car transaction.

I don't miss those days.

Regarding the original post, if I contacted an MA or MP asking for basic info and was told only door fee I would simply not go there. Unless I knew one of my faves was working there .... LOL

To me a lack of info is akin to having something to hide. Right or wrong, they lost my biz. This applies to most things in life, not just massage. Lack of info = loss of my biz. Too many other choices to take a risk.

• Like 1

You said "door fee," so I'm assuming you're talking about an MA at a studio/spa. If you contacted her through the spa, then there are limits as to what we can answer over the phone on a business line, which is why I prefer clients contact me through my profile here, my email, or my phone number.

I thought it was safe to discuss anything via phone ,since over the phone is considered private,or do the laws differ between independents and spas?Still confused.

Guest W***ledi*Time
I thought it was safe to discuss anything via phone ,since over the phone is considered private,or do the laws differ between independents and spas?Still confused.

It's up to each place of business to advise their associates of the procedures they wish them to follow, either in phone communication or anything else.

The communication law is only one of the laws surrounding the circumstances of this business. It is legal to discuss things over the phone, as long as the phone is located in such a place that there is an expectation of privacy.

However, if it turns out to be LE that's making an inquiry over the phone, the fact that the communication in itself is legal, doesn't mean that it's necessarily safe or advisable to candidly discuss certain details of your business with LE, be it over the phone or otherwise.

The interesting thing is that after several weeks, photos and rates are now public. Not sure this thread had anything to do with it but I am sure that repeated requests became tiresome.

As an independent you can certainly do that. But an agency or mp booker should not be discussing services on the phone. They could refer to a tip rate or range tho. Legally, I believe they have to avoid these discussions, and if they don't, could potentially be talking to LE, which could potentially lead to a bust. just a word of caution to anyone calling and expecting full disclosure, and getting miffed if they don't get it.

• Like 1

wow, now i'm confused... I have always been worried about the legal aspect of MP, SP, spa's on indy... I even PM'ed a few MP and spa owners to ask about the spas and the activities that go along with the tips and was told everything was legal. I guess this shows 2 things; 1. i'm a newb and 2. i'm naive

Guest s**nflute
wow, now i'm confused... I have always been worried about the legal aspect of MP, SP, spa's on indy... I even PM'ed a few MP and spa owners to ask about the spas and the activities that go along with the tips and was told everything was legal. I guess this shows 2 things; 1. i'm a newb and 2. i'm naive

Don't feel bad, I am also confused what is legal and not....who can shed light!!!?

There are massage parlours with body rub licenses, this allows touching. If you are concerned, you might want to ask what kind of license they have.

Guest s**nflute
There are massage parlours with body rub licenses, this allows touching. If you are concerned, you might want to ask what kind of license they have.

In retrospec, if you are not provided with enough info, don't go until you find out more from other patrons. It has paid off for me, thanking myself for not going or I should really go visit. It's not up to us make assumptions due to lack of info.

Does that include the ending ? is that technically legal ?

Guest W***ledi*Time

Originally Posted by fortunateone

Does that include the ending ? is that technically legal ?

Municipal business licensing does not affect the Criminal Code of Canada.

If sexual services are exchanged for money in a massage or body-rub parlour, then the Bawdy-house provisions of the Criminal Code would apply. It is illegal to keep or be found in places such as massage parlours or body-rub parlours where prostitution takes place.

Municipal business licensing does not affect the Criminal Code of Canada.

If sexual services are exchanged for money in a massage or body-rub parlour, then the Bawdy-house provisions of the Criminal Code would apply. It is illegal to keep or be found in places such as massage parlours or body-rub parlours where prostitution takes place.

That's why the law has to change.