Here's a frank question from a newbie: should I be worried about getting arrested? Has this happened to anybody? And if so, any advice if it does? Or how to avoid it?

I think if you see reputable MA's either independent or at a spa there is next to no chance of being arrested, but no one can give you a 100% guarantee. Getting arrested is something you bring on yourself by putting yourself in a vulnerable position, like picking a lady up off the street or dealing with under age girls.

Be careful and you'll be fine.

The chance is always there. Without mentioning names a so called Body Rub was raided a couple of years back.

Like anything else in this industry the laws are vague, or seldom regulated. But it's the chance one takes.

Just time yourself to be lucky. :)

Really, that might sound sarcastic, but it's really the only truth. I think back to the raid that shut down the Gatineau branch of ALO a couple of years back. I've visited the place, it looked well out of sight, and quite secluded, yet it still got raided. There was apparently some guy inside at the time of the raid, he got busted along with the girls. In the end, apparently all of the charges were dropped against everyone, but it got some people some embarrassment, and it got the Gatineau police some publicity.

With the recent case in Ontario which struck down the various prostitution laws, I think the Ontario police have stopped doing the busts for now. You still take your chances in Quebec though.

I was caught in a sting once but was lucky to get off

Have to be careful and go with your gut

Try and see those you know and trust, or are recommended

This forum helps a lot

I remember that day vividly 8 years ago. Trust me you dont want to experience it.

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

Above all else never risk being with an underage girl. If you have doubts about her age take a pass, because its unlikely the charges would be dropped in this type of case if you get busted.

I remember making an appointment at a place on Somerset maybe 20 years ago. Went there at the right time, saw some police cruisers parked nearby. I left. Called the place later from a payphone, and sure enough Ottawa Police answered.

Guest s**nflute
I remember making an appointment at a place on Somerset maybe 20 years ago. Went there at the right time, saw some police cruisers parked nearby. I left. Called the place later from a payphone, and sure enough Ottawa Police answered.

I was approched by a undercover person who flashed a badge, (not sure if it was real) questioning my purpose and what happened while I was walking to my car after a session......I answer was to visit for themselves. Did not go there again.

Law enforcement have much larger fish to fry than prosecuting a few spa's or indies.

I would hope that the real focus is on streetwalkers and the pushing pimps as I do believe that is the real issue.

I always feel somewhat uncomfortable when visiting a spa as I do not ever want to run into someone that I know.

Gee, Hi Fred how was the Happy Ending. LOL Umm just devine, Stan ... BTW how is the wife these days. Ahhh just fine. Yes you did not see me here right Fred. No of course not Stan. Say Hi to Mary for me.

Law enforcement have much larger fish to fry than prosecuting a few spa's or indies.

I would hope that the real focus is on streetwalkers and the pushing pimps as I do believe that is the real issue.

I always feel somewhat uncomfortable when visiting a spa as I do not ever want to run into someone that I know.

Gee, Hi Fred how was the Happy Ending. LOL Umm just devine, Stan ... BTW how is the wife these days. Ahhh just fine. Yes you did not see me here right Fred. No of course not Stan. Say Hi to Mary for me.

We always hope LE has bigger fish to fry, but they always seem to come back to the small easy fish when things are slow.

With the change in the law regarding prostitution, pretty soon LE might not have access to these easy fish anymore.

I think back to the raid that shut down the Gatineau branch of ALO a couple of years back. I've visited the place, it looked well out of sight, and quite secluded, yet it still got raided.

First... Police raided Acqua at about 9 a.m. Wednesday acting on a complaint that sexual acts were happening behind closed doors.

And secondly... The children were playing inside a daycare on the second floor.

Unsure who was there first, the daycare or the spa but I'm sure that the public would not want that...

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/11/12/16112901.html

I always use (well 95% of time) spas and even went to ALO days after the Quebec raid and have always felt safe.

The ladies are very discrete in watching for others so that there are no unintended "meeting the neighbour in the hallway" scenarios.

First... Police raided Acqua at about 9 a.m. Wednesday acting on a complaint that sexual acts were happening behind closed doors.

And secondly... The children were playing inside a daycare on the second floor.

As I heard it much later, one of the girls in the place would regularly go out and smoke a joint, which was quite obvious to the other tennants. I doubt anyone could prove that there were "sexual acts" going on inside without actually going inside. It was most likely raided on the possible drug use excuse.

Unsure who was there first, the daycare or the spa but I'm sure that the public would not want that...

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/11/12/16112901.html

I always use (well 95% of time) spas and even went to ALO days after the Quebec raid and have always felt safe.

The ladies are very discrete in watching for others so that there are no unintended "meeting the neighbour in the hallway" scenarios.

After the raid, I actually stopped going to the other ALO locations briefly, in case it was some kind of coordinated effort by Ottawa and Gatineau police on both sides of the river, and that perhaps the Ottawa side would get raided too. It didn't happen, so I went back eventually.

Funny, this is something that has never really concerned me. I often feel a (false?) sense of security at a spa... the timing would have to be really quite perfect for them to identify anything illegal... At least, that has been my thinking up until now...

Guest s**nflute
Funny, this is something that has never really concerned me. I often feel a (false?) sense of security at a spa... the timing would have to be really quite perfect for them to identify anything illegal... At least, that has been my thinking up until now...

How would they base their timing, undercover cops or complaints from concerned neighbors?

How would they base their timing, undercover cops or complaints from concerned neighbors?

It's always neighbours that bring down a place. Unless there was some connection to underworld figures.

It's always neighbours that bring down a place. Unless there was some connection to underworld figures.

That is why it is so important to be discrete. I think some indy sps can get neighbour complaints, if they are not careful about how many ppl are coming in and out of their apartment, plus hours of the day. I think LE is mostly concerned with that when there are multiple sps in one location, which leads them to think of trafficking, living off the avails, and illegal foreign workers. This is a much bigger bust than one single sp working out of her apartment and seeing 3 clients throughout the day 5 days a week even. A shop setup is going to have 4-5 sps working out of it, and seeing 4 to 8 clients EACH. That is not something that can be hidden away.

The raid at Aqua, could have been at another MA, even in Ottawa as there have been visits. Whether it's the SC, MA, SP the line is kind of blurred as to what goes on. Been there, done that.

The legalization of prostitution will clear the air, but that may take years. In the meantime it's not Las Vegas here. There are risks, be aware.

The legalization of prostitution will clear the air,

It is legal... the other elements are the illegal parts; living off the avails, owning a bawdy house, soliciting in a public place, etc...

You don't have to be caught in the act to be charged. Once LE has decided to raid a place they charge all people at the location whether mps or clients. Of course with proper legal representation you will most likely not be found guilty. It's a pain in the butt as mentioned earlier in the thread....being taken to the police station where you will have a few hour wait minimum, the court dates, the possibility your name gets out that you were charged, etc.

r100rs

That is why it is so important to be discrete. I think some indy sps can get neighbour complaints, if they are not careful about how many ppl are coming in and out of their apartment, plus hours of the day. I think LE is mostly concerned with that when there are multiple sps in one location, which leads them to think of trafficking, living off the avails, and illegal foreign workers. This is a much bigger bust than one single sp working out of her apartment and seeing 3 clients throughout the day 5 days a week even. A shop setup is going to have 4-5 sps working out of it, and seeing 4 to 8 clients EACH. That is not something that can be hidden away.

I've noticed that perhaps the best place for an indy to locate would be an apartment with an intercom system down below. The client calls up from the intercom down below, and by the time he goes up the elevator, the SP is already ready to open the door and there won't be any loud knocking on the door to alert neighbours. Apartment buildings have paper-thin walls, and too many nosy neighbours that get alerted whenever somebody knocks at another apartment door.

In the past, the ones that got busted were usually the places located in smaller apartment buildings (3 storey or less), which usually didn't have intercoms. The client just walked into the building went straight to the apartment door, and knocked. Depending on how quickly the SP was ready to answer the door, the client might wait in the hallway for a couple of minutes, enough time for neighbours to view them through a peephole. Eventually they'd notice a stream of different men coming in, and then the gears would turn in their heads, and then the police weren't far behind.

I've noticed that perhaps the best place for an indy to locate would be an apartment with an intercom system down below. The client calls up from the intercom down below, and by the time he goes up the elevator, the SP is already ready to open the door and there won't be any loud knocking on the door to alert neighbours. Apartment buildings have paper-thin walls, and too many nosy neighbours that get alerted whenever somebody knocks at another apartment door.

In the past, the ones that got busted were usually the places located in smaller apartment buildings (3 storey or less), which usually didn't have intercoms. The client just walked into the building went straight to the apartment door, and knocked. Depending on how quickly the SP was ready to answer the door, the client might wait in the hallway for a couple of minutes, enough time for neighbours to view them through a peephole. Eventually they'd notice a stream of different men coming in, and then the gears would turn in their heads, and then the police weren't far behind.

The knock on the door can easily be avoided by sending a simple text message to the lady before entering the building...

• Like 1

The knock on the door can easily be avoided by sending a simple text message to the lady before entering the building...

Those things are hardly reliable. Lots of places where you don't have a signal, and there's lots of times that a text is never immediate.