Recommendations in exchange of free services ("freebie") = SHILL or NOT?

Recommendations in exchange of free services ("freebie") = SHILL or NOT?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Recommendations in exchange of free services ("freebie") = SHILL or NOT?

• Yes... SHILL
    • No... not a SHILL

I have heard some girls (myself included) to whom this was offered.

What do you Cerbites think about this practice?

I'm totally against it!

Strongly against.

Why would you want to do it for free, you have no guaranty that they will post!

What if they post something that you do not do? Then you reputation will be shot as the next client will be disappointed and post something bad about you the following week!

• Like 1

i think that you should ask for their member I.D. then out them in the forum

He did give it upfront (saying... "hello, I'm xxxx of [board name]...)

He is not member of this board, but a member of others.

But even in this case it's almost imposible to prove his ID... could be someone else calling using his handle.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Any such exchange is degrading, not to mention cynical. It should be considered as being beneath the dignity of both parties.

A Recommendation is such a small thing compared to a really good "date" the value is far far from equal! IMHO

I cant really say what I would do in the sp's shoes but what would come to mind would be to terminate the "date" before it began and also report him to the MOD (as we know they have ultimate power) of what ever forum he is on.

Now if he is a really hot "date" (like me) and you would probably do him just for the fun of it any then well it might be worth it .....ROFLAO now

Loki318

You should PM the mod and let the moderator know as this member would most likely be banned. This has been tried many times over the years and sometimes when the ladies say no the guys post a negative comment and extort them for saying no (Another good reason why we have a no negative rule here).

This unfortunately happens often. If it ever happens here with any member on cerb I would hope that the ladies PM to let me know. We CAN NOT allow that to happen.

It would not take long for a handle that is obviously doing this to be outed, I can't imagine any well reviewed lady accepting this offer. So the ladies that would stoop to this level and the user would have a rather dismal collection of recommendations and soon be on my list to avoid, if a user has an obvious difference of opinion with me I avoid there recommendations. So in the end even if both parties agree to the charade it will not be a benefit for long.

I strongly believe that it is in the ladies best interest to report the user to the MOD, there are a tremendous amount of resources in place now to monitor the site and minimize the trouble makers if I mentioned them it might undermined there effect but sufficient to say the MOD has done some extraordinary things, rivaling some of the most sophisticated networks in the industry, to keep this site safe, and we can feel safe if playing by the rules.

I would be sincerely pissed off, if it was going on.

As Dummpy states above.."playing by the rules"

Seriously just a freaking scam/sham... BS.

I would feel for the SP if this ever came out, I'm know I would not put any thought into the (BS) recommendation.

Why would you want to do it for free, you have no guaranty that they will post!

What if they post something that you do not do? Then you reputation will be shot as the next client will be disappointed and post something bad about you the following week!

No and they may ask you for freebies several times in order to keep a good reputation. When I first started, I remember receiving an anonymous email asking me if I wanted good reviews to supposedly get more clients from a review board in exchange of free sessions. They claimed to be a group of men who had trusted accounts in terb. I found the whole idea very strange. I never replied this email. After a while I had a client I saw only twice. He seemed very polite and charming at first, but later his attitude was very poor. He was bare-faced too. He kept asking me personal questions during the whole session. Weird! An attempt to intimidate my personal life probably. I tried to turn the session more appropriate and sensual by talking dirty and naturally moaning while we were making it, but he didn't seem to be wanting something sensual which is rare. He asked me where a guy friend of mine lives (he didn't even know him) and where I was the night before while he was on me...etc. It was suspicious and impolite. I do not give detailed info about other people or myself. At our second meeting he tried to lower my donation from 20 Roses. I was hoping not all Asians men are like that. After the second meeting, he proposed a third meeting free in exchange of a review of me. I told him he was not my type of client and I asked him not to get in contact with me again. I never heard of him while visiting and after when I was away. I never heard about him until last month. He called my second day in town and he told me his name and phone number. He claimed to be a good regular of mine when I was coming in the city more regularly. LoL! I did my little search and found out he was one of the freebie guy. At this point I knew he was lying on the phone. I told him I was not available for any meeting. The other times was some other different dude who asked once in a while discounts for a meeting in exchange of reviews. That's about it and enough.

Additional Comments:

He did give it upfront (saying... "hello, I'm xxxx of [board name]...)

He is not member of this board, but a member of others.

But even in this case it's almost imposible to prove his ID... could be someone else calling using his handle.

Exactly and also because reviews are 100% anonymous for the privacy of the poster I believe; therefore anyone can write anything about any provider!

Guest j**z

Sorry I made a mistake. I am totatly against it. I press the wrong button.:) Any person that does this should be banned and cannot be trusted! Again sorry for my mistake.

Sorry I made a mistake. I am totatly against it. I press the wrong button.:) Any person that does this should be banned and cannot be trusted! Again sorry for my mistake.

It must be too early in the morning, and made the same mistake as Jazz. For me, I am against it. Recommendations on this board are free contibutions from the members and should not be conditional to anything.

Would ask to change my vote and my vote should be read that it is a shill.

If any hobbiest wants to "help" the ladies, offering a good review in exchange of free services is not the way to go

Treat them like a lady and you act like a gentleman

Full payment up front.

No pressure to do things she doesn't offer

Repeat business if you had a great time with her

The ladies are doing this to pay the rent, put food on the table. Can't see a review doing that for them

If it wasn't clear, I'm completely opposed to this

And legit hobbiests put reviews up of good times they have had with the ladies, why would a lady need to give a freebie for a review

IMHO

RG

Guest W***ledi*Time
Now what if it was an SP offering the free service in order to drum up business, not the client asking for a freebie for a good review.

The answer of course still applies:

Any such exchange is degrading, not to mention cynical. It should be considered as being beneath the dignity of both parties.