Halifax Cerb Social?

On the subject of frank magazine, I want to make you aware that a columnist for frank is on CERB as an SP, not full service but she is on here. So keep that in mind with any planning.

On the subject of frank magazine, I want to make you aware that a columnist for frank is on CERB as an SP...

Hmmm... that should prove interesting! lol In any case, thanks for the heads up.

Yes, the organizer(s) would rent the space...and it would only make sense to charge admission to cover costs. As it would be coming out of pocket. They did this for the Ottawa social I attended ..ladies would have free admission.

Discretion is key, which is why it would be wise to rent a private space apart from the main lounge area.

The two places I provided a link for in my previous post both have this secluded area and it is appealing..but I have not been to either place...so any feedback would be appreciated.

I have co-hosted five cerb socials in Ottawa and would pleased to share my experience with you as it was trial and error as we went along. It's certainly not rocket science, but there are a lot of factors to bear in mind especially when you have folks gathering in one place from different geographical areas.

It's a lot of work and hours of preparation but well worth it with the right company.

Hmmm... that should prove interesting! lol In any case, thanks for the heads up.

Ditto. I think I may be a bit paranoid that evening.....until safely inside.

I have co-hosted five cerb socials in Ottawa and would pleased to share my experience with you as it was trial and error as we went along. It's certainly not rocket science, but there are a lot of factors to bear in mind especially when you have folks gathering in one place from different geographical areas.

It's a lot of work and hours of preparation but well worth it with the right company.

That would be great, Angela! Thanks for the offer, and please feel free to share any tips/pointers you may have. As an aside, any chance of you attending? I've always wanted to meet you, but thus far haven't had the pleasure...

• Like 1

As long as a potential date is clear for me on my schedule and gets confirmed, then I know that I would be there.

I'd also hope that if the date is far enough in the future and it is 100 % confirmed, some of our Ottawa and points west CERB friends would plan to attend. :)

I have already heard the words "road trip" being uttered by some local cerbites. So just never know who might show up (including yours truly) depending on when it is.

...at this time I would like to announce the the date of our social will be Friday, June 22.

Sounds perfect to me!

That would be great, Angela! Thanks for the offer, and please feel free to share any tips/pointers you may have. As an aside, any chance of you attending? I've always wanted to meet you, but thus far haven't had the pleasure...

I have extended my offer for sharing pointers to the organizers Penelope and Taloon. Like I said to them, it's not rocket science, but there is a lot of factors to consider when bringing a group of people together like this and I have already given them an idea of what they're in for.

But the end result will be worth it. You never know - if there is a way, I will be there.

You never know - if there is a way, I will be there.

Sounds good... So, if by chance you did decide to come, is there a possibility you might consider offering appointments during your stay as well?

• Like 1

Ditto. I think I may be a bit paranoid that evening.....until safely inside.

I seriously doubt she would do an article or out anyone, since she is part of the sex industry herself. But since the magazine was mentioned I thought I would point it out. . . very likely there is nothing to worry about from her.

My apologies if anyone thought I was suggesting a kind of "strip club" or "frat party" atmosphere earlier. At this point I am just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. What I really want is a comfortable, safe, and tremendously fun environment for everyone, especially those folks who will make the extra effort to attend from away.

P.S. I have the utmost respect for you all, and would never place anyone into a situation that they felt uncomfortable with.

Edited by taloon
Wanted to add...

On the subject of frank magazine, I want to make you aware that a columnist for frank is on CERB as an SP, not full service but she is on here. So keep that in mind with any planning.

I know this has been covered, but I'll inject my two cents anyway.

I know the SP to whom you refer. I would be very, very surprised if she were to write anything about a gathering like this. In my mind she epitomizes discretion.

• Like 2

Hello everyone...

This thread was recently brought to my attention, so I thought I might contribute... just to put any potential fears at ease.

I'm the SP who works for FRANK... and though I probably won't attend the social... whether or not I do, I would never "out" anyone who works in the sex industry or who patronizes us SPs.

I have been working in Halifax as a ProDomme and all-around Fetish Femme for approximately 5 years, and I would never risk my reputation for honesty and discretion by exploiting my position as an SP to further my career as a writer/reporter. Au contraire... I have no intention to cover this event, and I would never even mention anyone anonymously as a "source" without their express permission, let alone use their name in an article (for FRANK or any other publication).

So... please do not worry about me, or base your decision to attend or not attend this social, on the fact that I write for a local publication. Although I am public about what I do, and who I am, I also strive offer the most discretion I can for my clients, potential clients, and SP peers.

All the best, and as always... happy kink!

Cheers,

Miss Jaded

• Like 4

So far, so good!

I'm getting lots of PM's about people who want to attend. If you haven't already sent me a message please do so and let me know that you are interested. How many messages I receive over the next two days will give me an idea of how many people may attend and if this whole idea is going to fly or not. I'm not asking for a promise, just a firm quite likely.

Also, spread the word around to your fellow Cerb people. Lots of folks still don't know anything about this social yet. (I've already told three today!)

Cheers!

I was just about to suggest perhaps you would do the honor of helping us to organise and come for a visit!! We would be so lucky to have you!

• Like 1

Hello all!

This is an excellent idea, one which I would defiantly attend.

There is a certain chain of hotel rooms throughout the hrm (which will remain nameless for discretionary purposes) that offer fully furnished suites at decent rates. There would obviously be no bar service, but we could byob, or even add a few dollars to the admission fee, to cover said drinks. This provides it's own safety risks, so we would also require someone to serve these drinks.

I have stayed in the aboved mentioned suites and they are spacious, roomy and very comfortable.

Just a thought, and I may be able to get a discount.

PM if this is a good idea...not sure what the numbers are yet. 40 people may be cramped, I can check and see how big the largest suite they offer in the HRM is...

Additional Comments:

This is merely a suggestion, I have nothing to do organizing this event.

do we all wear name tags like @ a convention?In Montreal they have a list of ladies who will attend.I see no point in a "sausage" party........jus saying

Hey everyone,

So far the response to my call for people interested in the Social has been good but could be better. What's up with that? If you haven't messaged me yet please do so and let me know that you are interested in coming!

Again, the date will most likely be Friday, June 22. The place will be somewhere in downtown Halifax and the price will be $20 - $25.

Spread the word!

P.S. To all of you who have already sent me messages, you rock!

Edited by taloon
to add the PS

My apologies if anyone thought I was suggesting a kind of "strip club" or "frat party" atmosphere earlier. At this point I am just throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. What I really want is a comfortable, safe, and tremendously fun environment for everyone, especially those folks who will make the extra effort to attend from away.

P.S. I have the utmost respect for you all, and would never place anyone into a situation that they felt uncomfortable with.

Thanks for this post and the earlier one by Angela. It never crossed my mind that this would be anything other than a social gathering. Had I thought otherwise, I would not have even considered attending. If the ladies ever had any reason to suspect that they would not be accorded the courtesy of utmost respect, then the female participation would be very low. I don't think anyone would want that.

Alright ladies and gentlemen, here is the official details/ad for our social:

Come on out to Halifax for our very first Cerb.ca Social! A great opportunity for clients and service providers alike to meet up and have a fun time in a relaxed and safe environment. Friday, June 22, 9pm till 2am. The place will be a TBA location in downtown Halifax and admission will be $20 for early registration and $25 at the door. There will be door prizes, music, food, and of course the opportunity to meet up with friends both old and new! Don't miss out!

Early registration will begin late next week and I'll have more details on that to come. Let's make this event one to remember and pave the way for many more great socials in the future!

P.S. Admission for the SP's will be free! The more the merrier!

Edited by taloon
add p.s.

I am not in the Halifax area but I am located in Charlottetown, which is only a short car ride away ! I would love to meet all my Cerbie friends and fellow SP's that I only know from here.

I have received an email regarding this and I am definatly in :)

Well....if you serve Bud Light and / or Bacardi white rum....have either dill pickle chips or cheezies for snacks this may very well work in with my summer vacation plans :) I know I know very demanding I am ... but those are my requirements at this point ! I do like BBQ chips too I suppose ;)

• Like 1