Who would you choose?

Guest M*****ss****e

Just because I enjoy random opinions and perspectives, I pose this question;

If you could have a drink with one person from the past, who would it be and why?

It can be any one from any time.

I'll start with Elizabeth Taylor, because I think the classy lady deserves one extra shot and a laugh :) I mean, it's just a drink afterall, and I'd love to hear about her life :)

Ok, next

A friend and fishing buddy, who died from a heart attack seven years ago

Still miss him, still miss going out fishing with him

I know, not a celebrity, but he's a friend from my past

RG

Guest M*****ss****e

Awww, that's sweet. I had too many people from my personal to pick from unfortunately, so I went superficial.... I'm a wee bit of a coward like that :P

Tough one... but I'd have to go with Richard Feynman. Christopher Hitchens is a close second, but I doubt it'd be just one drink with him...

• Like 2

Elvis Presley! A person with such remarkable qualities but also the complexities of a man and that of a world renowned entertainer that made him that much more fascinating.

Nicki, I would pick that too, but I think I am going to have to go with a sports icon. I am going to pick Babe Ruth.

Seems he was the people's player, just a lot of fun, liked to party, but man oh man, the guy would play ball. I bet he has some stories that would probably make Tiger Woods' adventures look tame. Good thing there wasn't as much instant media in those days, and besides, he would have just found them a playmate to keep them happy too.

Oh yes, now I know why I wanted to meet him, it wasn't because of the baseball, it was because he would have been a "CERB" man all the way.

Elvis Presley! A person with such remarkable qualities but also the complexities of a man and that of a world renowned entertainer that made him that much more fascinating.

I think I would have to go with George Carlin

I'm a huge fan of standup and he had some great ideas

think it would be a great conversation.

Bill Clinton, I would like to advise him not to leave DNA on the dress. LOL

On a more serious note I would love to meat Marilyn Chambers. ;-)

To be really serious I would like to meet Albert Einstien E=MCsquared. He is way smarter than my dumbphone as I could not even put a root in place.

Maybe I will take in south again ;-) and when Penelope visits us again I will put the root in its place. :-):-):-)

I'll go with Howard Hughes.

From the little I know an interesting/successful businessman and somewhat a unique character.

• Like 1

Without a doubt John F. Kennedy! I find the man, the family and the circumstances surrounding his life (and death) to be intriguing. I have been to the JFK Presidential Library and Museum and enjoyed EVERY moment of it.

Richard Feynman would have a contender for me as well, but since Phaedrus already picked him, I'll go with Ernest Hemingway. The man had so many adventures in his life and it would be fascinating to hear a few of his stories.

My first choice was Einstein... but as much as I'm fascinated by him, and as interesting as a drink with him might seem, I realize I likely wouldn't have much in common with him at all (probably nothing other than a bad hair day!)...

I'm going to go with Jaco Pastorious.

Guest My***tLixx
Marilyn Monroe

I was just going to say Marliyn Monroe too, but you beat me to it Sin Cindy! I think she'd just have so many interesting stories to tell, plus everyone wanted to be with Marilyn Monroe back then...the original sex symbol! Since that pick is yours, and since I'm also a bit of a writer, I'll have to go with Edgar Allen Poe. I'd love to hear his stories in person...

Well..I see alot of quite diffirent selections from artists, to poets, to comedians to actresses...I guess I'll go with Leonardo Davinci..I mean come on..you know your interesting when people watch movies about you and they are all think you always spoke in code and there are all kinds of worldly theories as to what the "Mona Lisa" represents...just that conversation would be enough to ask him about let alone his other inventions we've never heard about!

Guest dame*****n09*

Cato took Shakespeare, my no. 1 pick. Going to have to go with Montaigne.

Special to Cato: how did he do it? By being a genius, that's how :)

The beautiful & mesmerizing Marilyn Monroe-we would drink Champagne and my first question would be: What the hell did those Kennedy brothers do to you

Marcus Aurelius. He was a Stoic (think western Buddhism), so on that alone I'd love to pick his brain. He was also an accomplished writer and leader.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

wow too many to choose from but Da vinci would have been my first as well, but a grog with blackbeard or wine with Columbus and a beer with the wright brothers and on and on !