I am really glad to have found this site.

As the most recent recommendation here in HFX points out, there is nothing worse than a cell phone checking, clock watcher.

Or is there? What other quirks have been deal breakers for you guys?

I think one of the worst things a lady can do to turn me off is treat me like a customer at McDonalds.

I have been in the situation where it was simple ordering and out the door.

"What would you like?"

"What are my options?"

"Me on top, or me on bottom."

"Can I have both?"

"That'll be extra."

"On top then."

"Fine."

And when its over...

"Thanks Hun. I'll show you out!"

What the :censored:!!!

For obvious reasons I never go back to these girls. Now I'm not looking for silver platters and crystal glasses, but I would think a little flirting and a little playfulness would make the situation better for everyone. I pride myself on being a considerate gent and I respect a considerate lady.

I find it disturbing that an sp would be making or taking phone calls during an encounter.

When I am with someone, my phone goes on silent mode and I will answer any inquiries after the client has left, never during.

At the same time, if a clients phone rings and he must take the call, I will excuse myself for privacy, let the call take place, then continue, adding a few minutes of time.

I do not 'clockwatch', I find it rude and offensive to my clients. Only if they ask me how much time we have left will I look at the time.

To say to someone that they only have a few minutes left I find repulsive.

If your 'not into it', don't be in this business.

If you accept clients requests for items you offer, you damned well better have them. Stating you have something then not producing such is fraudulent to the client.

I have been asked for certain things I may not have, but I am upfront with this, and offer what I do have.

Every client deserves special treatment, not a feeling like they are slotted into the day for a mechanical time with someone that obviously didn't want to bother. Its a scenario I call the 'revolving door', taking client after client just for the money, instead of offering an experience of some quality at least.

If you take late appointments, be as prepared as for any appointment.

Sorry the guy had a bad experience, hopefully it doesn't reflect on the rest of us sp's that are not like that.

I am really glad to have found this site.

As the most recent recommendation here in HFX points out, there is nothing worse than a cell phone checking, clock watcher.

Or is there? What other quirks have been deal breakers for you guys?

Edited by Secrets of Victoria
  • Like 1

I can understand clock watchers 'to a point', since many services here are based on time, but there comes a tipping point where watching a clock too much takes away from the quality of the time that is available.

As for SP's who constantly check their phones or answer calls while with a client, I have a simple solution, I stop using their services.

I know that younger people find it hard to put their phone down, we are so wired these days. But when your phone has already produced results in the sense you have a client with you, the time has come to put it down and carry on with business, not seek out your next potential client.

My time is as important as an SP's time, and to see it being wasted during a meet with them answering a call, just indicates to me a lack of respect.

There's no other job out there really where an employer would tolerate a staff member taking a call while that staff member was with a client. That is what voicemail and text messaging is for.

This is no different.

• Like 2

I always turn off my phone and hide my cordless in the couch so if it does ring it can't be heard, it takes away from the intimacy it think, the ringing of the phone, and is NOT appropriate.

However, I find some may abuse this title of "clock watcher". Back when i still did 30 min appts, I was visiting with a client.After a little chat, we got down to business. As soon as he finished, we cuddled a bit, I sat up and merely glanced at the clock, since I was sure more than 30 mins had passed (when you are in this line of work, you get quite accustomed to 30 min and 1 hr blocks of time and have a general idea how time has passed.) Sure enough, it had been about 40 mins. My client saw me glance at the clock, which i only did once, and said "oh clock watching are we? I will be sure to let others know about this." The time he had paid for had passed, I had given him exactly what he contracted me for, 30 mins, plus an extra 10 free of charge.

With hr or more appts, i usually give and extra 15 mins, because I don't like to rush. However, 30 mins in my case was the bare minimum of time to purchase, and if you want more than 30 mins, there is an hour option available.There's a huge difference between consistently checking the time multiple times DURING an appointment, and checking once when services are completed to make sure you don't go over the time you have paid for. I don't appreciate being threatened by someone trying to take advantage of me, it needs to be clarified what a clock watcher is. This is a time based service, so checking the clock once near the end of an appointment is not clock watching. This is one of the reasons i no longer provide 30 minutes, because people abuse it.

• Like 1

Good distinction Luxie. If we expect you to respect our time with you, then we should not abuse this privilege. If someone chose to book and pay for a 30 min appointment, then they should not even put you in a position of having to point out the time when it has passed. I suspect that this person was well aware of what time it was and was trying to take advantage of your good nature. Respect is a two way street gentlemen.

• Like 1

It's one thing to have a general discussion about cell phone usage or clock watching, but it's quite another to call out a service provider by name. If someone has an issue with the service, I would suggest it gets dealt with through private messages. The review in question was removed, I think it's safe to assume, precisely because it was a review, rather than a recommendation.

Cell phone usage and excessive clock watching are frustrating to me because it breaks up the flow of the encounter, and introduces a distraction. It's not so much for me that the reality that I am not the 'only one' for her comes out but how it takes our focus, even momentarily, off each other.

As an aside, I think the name of the SP should be removed from the post for courtesy's sake.

I agree. The only time we get to "name names" is in a positive review!

The name should be stricken from the record, and the jury is hereby instructed to disregard that testimony :)

Guess I've been pretty blessed with the ladies I've seen. Only four bad encounters since embarking on this lifestyle in July 2010. These are very abridged versions

Deal Breaker 1. Three hour encounter, after first hour she asked (and I said yes) if she could go downstairs to the hotel parking lot to have a cigarette.

She left, never came back. Not upset by the money being ripped off, but by not having an encounter that evening

Deal Breaker 2. Planned encounter for month and half. She shows up, says it's her time of the month, we can do everything but fs. Then she says, exact words "gotta pay the bills hun, gotta pay the bills"

Deal Breaker 3. I was late, due to 401 closed, getting to appointment. I did phone the lady let her know. When I arrived at the parking lot, I called to confirm the condo number...she shouted (yes shouted) on the phone, threatening to blacklist me to all Toronto SP's if I didn't show up in 5 minutes. I showed up, it was an encounter I just didn't enjoy whatsoever

Deal Breaker 4. Nobody's fault really, just no chemistry. I got a feeling though that she was going through with the encounter because she was short of money

But for all the other encounters, I've met great ladies. And that is why I still partake in this lifestyle

RG

Guest M*****ss****e

I actually forgot to set my phone to silent once a few months ago, and of course it rang during a session. The gentleman looked at me and said "I think that's you..." so I just said "that's what voicemail is for, I'm so sorry I forgot to turn the ringer off" and made sure he forgot about it immediately :P

I think it's very rude to answer your phone during a session. However, I have had gentlemen answer theirs, and I find this to be a bit different. I understand why they do, give them privacy, and continue on with vigor. Though it sure can throw a wrench into your rhythm, teehee.

I also think the above mentioned SP's name should be removed. This is a site for positivity and not for negative feedback. There are enough of those sites around. The recco was most likely removed because it was negative and against the entire point of this site. If you're concerned about an SP, try private messaging other members if there is no recco up. You're bound to find someone who's visited her. I also want to add that the fact that she is young is no excuse, but she still shouldn't be singled out.

Keep in mind the said persons age,really, when any of us were that young I'm sure we made a flurry of mistakes!I agree to out someone negatively in this forum is not necessary,if your encounter was unsatisfactory discuss it with the said provider,then move on.This site is a recommendation board,not a review board as it says at the top of the page.I think some forget how some young,very young people do not act or respond the way more mature people do,they see the world through different eyes.I say give her a break,and again remember her age.

• Like 1

I do agree with Lana here, the name should be removed, and keep it as a thread about the annoyances that guys put up with.

Forgetting to turn it off, is just a little thing, could happen to anyone, but answering it while a client is there is unforgivable.

From the other posting in regards to the sp, seems there are more than a few complaints about just the same thing.

If a client wants to take a call while he is with me, I have no problem in that, if he doesn't I'm ok with that too, but I never answer my phone.

As for being young, and perhaps not knowing, that really is a sad excuse, reading her own reco's would show that it turns guys off, as it does take the focus away from the moment and how focused are you on the person you are with if you are answering your phone during?

I actually forgot to set my phone to silent once a few months ago, and of course it rang during a session. The gentleman looked at me and said "I think that's you..." so I just said "that's what voicemail is for, I'm so sorry I forgot to turn the ringer off" and made sure he forgot about it immediately :P

I think it's very rude to answer your phone during a session. However, I have had gentlemen answer theirs, and I find this to be a bit different. I understand why they do, give them privacy, and continue on with vigor. Though it sure can throw a wrench into your rhythm, teehee.

I also think the above mentioned SP's name should be removed. This is a site for positivity and not for negative feedback. There are enough of those sites around. The recco was most likely removed because it was negative and against the entire point of this site. If you're concerned about an SP, try private messaging other members if there is no recco up. You're bound to find someone who's visited her. I also want to add that the fact that she is young is no excuse, but she still shouldn't be singled out.

Except this is something I have heard from multiple guys about her and a few others. And as the now deleted review said. She did get up to answer a call

Irrelevant. The truth of the claim is not in dispute, the act of calling out by name a specific SP is. We don't do that around here.

• Like 1

Irrelevant. The truth of the claim is not in dispute, the act of calling out by name a specific SP is. We don't do that around here.

Exactly .... It's clearly against the rules of this board. Which is why the original review was deleted I would assume.

Guest p**h*x

Echoing the statement that this place is for recommendations and not for calling people out on mistakes they may or may not have made. I think it should be noted the lady has many positive recommendations here.

As for the topic of phones ringing... The couple of times I've encountered a ringing phone it had been my own. I always forget to put it on silent. Oops!

I wondered about how SP goes about figuring out the time. I work in a profession where my services have a time limit, but I can usually check a watch easily without anyone noticing.

But for my encounter, I wasn't sure about the time thing, so I brought my cell phone in, put it in my pocket, and scheduled it to ring 10 minutes after it ended in case none of us noticed the time and I didn't think it was fair that she should go over the allotted time for free. In her room, I saw one clock on her radio that was so small that I could barely see it. I never saw her look at it once. When we got dressed, I checked the time, and we were about 4-5 minutes passed the time were supposed to end.

It's kind of hard to say what the right way to go about this is. I don't think it's right for an SP to go beyond what a client has paid for, at the same time, I can see how it can negatively affect the moment when a client notices she's distracted even for a moment. I think next time when I go, I'd set the alarm to 5 minutes passed schedule though.

Oh, and before I came in, I switched of the signal to my phone, and put it on silent. I definitely do not want to care about the outside world. Given how attached I am to my phone to the point that I get withdrawals, it was remarkably easy. Funny how a very attractive woman can change your priorities :)

Guys remember we do not make negative comments about any of the ladies here on cerb. Focus on the good only please, i know some new members cant grasp the concept but this is NOT a review board and it is NOT a rant / flame board.

... If you feel the need to post negative comments please find another site to do it on (or start your own board) it is not appreciated or permitted here.

I have had to delete posts on this thread and a recommendation thread cause it was a bad review disguised as a recommendation.

Anyone doing this risks being banned from the site.

Sorry for the hijack but it was nessassary. If you have questions read he rules then pm me (do not reply to this thread if you wish to comment on my post)

• Like 1

Guess I've been pretty blessed with the ladies I've seen. Only four bad encounters since embarking on this lifestyle in July 2010. These are very abridged versions

Deal Breaker 1. Three hour encounter, after first hour she asked (and I said yes) if she could go downstairs to the hotel parking lot to have a cigarette.

She left, never came back. Not upset by the money being ripped off, but by not having an encounter that evening

Deal Breaker 2. Planned encounter for month and half. She shows up, says it's her time of the month, we can do everything but fs. Then she says, exact words "gotta pay the bills hun, gotta pay the bills"

Deal Breaker 3. I was late, due to 401 closed, getting to appointment. I did phone the lady let her know. When I arrived at the parking lot, I called to confirm the condo number...she shouted (yes shouted) on the phone, threatening to blacklist me to all Toronto SP's if I didn't show up in 5 minutes. I showed up, it was an encounter I just didn't enjoy whatsoever

Deal Breaker 4. Nobody's fault really, just no chemistry. I got a feeling though that she was going through with the encounter because she was short of money

But for all the other encounters, I've met great ladies. And that is why I still partake in this lifestyle

RG

RG : obviously without revealing names were the ladies involved CERB members?

• Like 1

RG : obviously without revealing names were the ladies involved CERB members?

That will be left unanswered as that would be breaking the rules here. Same with PMing names after posting a thread like this. This is just not the site for this.

Even though this client got extra time I would hope like most good men he at least tipped you. For me, an SP just being considerate enough to turn off the phone and muffle the landline is more of what I'd like to experience. That consideration is worthy of a tip in itself.

Ryan

I always turn off my phone and hide my cordless in the couch so if it does ring it can't be heard, it takes away from the intimacy it think, the ringing of the phone, and is NOT appropriate.

However, I find some may abuse this title of "clock watcher". Back when i still did 30 min appts, I was visiting with a client.After a little chat, we got down to business. As soon as he finished, we cuddled a bit, I sat up and merely glanced at the clock, since I was sure more than 30 mins had passed (when you are in this line of work, you get quite accustomed to 30 min and 1 hr blocks of time and have a general idea how time has passed.) Sure enough, it had been about 40 mins. My client saw me glance at the clock, which i only did once, and said "oh clock watching are we? I will be sure to let others know about this." The time he had paid for had passed, I had given him exactly what he contracted me for, 30 mins, plus an extra 10 free of charge.

With hr or more appts, i usually give and extra 15 mins, because I don't like to rush. However, 30 mins in my case was the bare minimum of time to purchase, and if you want more than 30 mins, there is an hour option available.There's a huge difference between consistently checking the time multiple times DURING an appointment, and checking once when services are completed to make sure you don't go over the time you have paid for. I don't appreciate being threatened by someone trying to take advantage of me, it needs to be clarified what a clock watcher is. This is a time based service, so checking the clock once near the end of an appointment is not clock watching. This is one of the reasons i no longer provide 30 minutes, because people abuse it.

Answering phones are really bad for business and atmosphere but remember in some Spa's the ladies are required to answer and have been told to. It's a good idea that if this does happen to make sure to speak to management about it..It could be they don't know it could hurt business. It's not always the ladies fault and would be a shame if she lost your business because of it.

My business phone gets turned off but for anyone that knows me and obvious reasons, family and such my personal phone must stay on vibrate in case of a family emergency, it is rare that it ever vibrates as I send a text busy for such and such a time but has happened once during an encounter thus far in 2012.

I always tell the person that I am enjoying some time with that this phone must remain on vibrate because of personal family reasons, I am very honest and tell them why. They never have an issue because of my honesty and if they must leave their cell on for the same reason I totally understand and have no issue with it.

I have no need to set my phone alarms or check the time or ask what time it is, I find that IMHO tacky and encounters should be book accordingly, if we go over by a number of minutes that's life especially if one of your business practices is based on not being a clock watcher a priority. No one likes to be rushed or feel rushed. My instincts tell me when time is close and to allow for clean up and/or shower.

Tips for going over time are never expected by me but are nice and always appreciated.

This is in no way shape or form of advertising, just stating my point of view on the issue at hand.

I find it disturbing that an sp would be making or taking phone calls during an encounter.

When I am with someone, my phone goes on silent mode and I will answer any inquiries after the client has left, never during.

At the same time, if a clients phone rings and he must take the call, I will excuse myself for privacy, let the call take place, then continue, adding a few minutes of time.

I do not 'clockwatch', I find it rude and offensive to my clients. Only if they ask me how much time we have left will I look at the time.

To say to someone that they only have a few minutes left I find repulsive.

If your 'not into it', don't be in this business.

If you accept clients requests for items you offer, you damned well better have them. Stating you have something then not producing such is fraudulent to the client.

I have been asked for certain things I may not have, but I am upfront with this, and offer what I do have.

Every client deserves special treatment, not a feeling like they are slotted into the day for a mechanical time with someone that obviously didn't want to bother. Its a scenario I call the 'revolving door', taking client after client just for the money, instead of offering an experience of some quality at least.

If you take late appointments, be as prepared as for any appointment.

Sorry the guy had a bad experience, hopefully it doesn't reflect on the rest of us sp's that are not like that.

You are a gem Victoria. It's women like you, with such an amazing level of professionalism and grace that never cease to amaze me.

You are a gem Victoria. It's women like you, with such an amazing level of professionalism and grace that never cease to amaze me.

Mmm, you might be more careful with your praise. It was her "professionalism" that got her a permanent vacation from Cerb!

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89609