Refresh, refresh, refresh and don't ask me what time it is. LOL

I have a couple of CERB "tech" questions. Or maybe they are just user questions but I can't seem to find the answers and don't want to bother the MOD(s) with every silly question.

1.) Is there a way to change the "time" for users? I would understand if it said I logged on, sent pms ect an hour earlier than I did. Sure, Ottawa is an hour behind Halifax so it makes sense. But the time is usually at least 2 hours and a bit wrong for some reason. Any fix for this? It looks like I was last logged on at 4:00 in the morning LOL but it's really ten to seven. This annoys me. :)

2.) Every time I log in to CERB I hit enter and it says "Welcome!..." as it should but then the page refreshes and I'm looking at the login page again instead of my user page. BUT I am in fact logged in because when I hit refresh/F5, it jumps to the page it should. Also when I get pms, I don't see them unless I hit refresh and then it will show that I have a new message. I spend most of my time on here hitting refresh every 2 minutes so I can see if someone has written me back that I am trying to talk to or someone has pm'd me.

I've asked around and this only seems to hapen to me. On any computer I use. Any ideas how to fix these two issues or do I just have to put up with it?

For the time issue - i think if you change the forum time it will display the correct timezone:

To do it - go to User CP -> Edit Option -> then ... on the bottom: there is Date and Time Options where you can set your timezone.

For the browser issue... sounds like the cookies not working :P clear your cache file and history and try again?

Guest W***ledi*Time

To set your time:

User CP

Edit Options

Date & Time Options

then select your time zone from the drop-down list!

(oops, Areez beat me to it. Us old guys don't move very fast!)

On the PM stuff... User CP -> Edit options, Messaging and Notification. There's a couple of check-boxes in there you can select to receive email when someone PMs you, and to give you a pop-up if you're logged in.

Yeah I think even when you set the time zone correctly as I have it applies to many places but not all places and not all consistently :)

As for notifications of PMs, if if you turn on the POP up notifications, the CERB web site can't "push" the notification until you refresh or change pages. The main index page with the shout box being a notable exception as it does auto refresh every so often but if you are anywhere else and don't do anything, you wouldn't get a new PM notification until you refresh or change pages.

I often have my email open anyways and PMs go to my email pretty quickly so that notifies me of a new PM (another option you can set up).

It's mostly a ask and receive thing like all web sites, so if you are just sitting there nothing changes until you ask for the same page again (refresh) or another one.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! Very helpful and good to know the "see new pm's/hit refresh" is just the way it is, takes the frustration out of trying to fix it. ;)

And yes I set the time zone to Atlantic but not working correctly. I will check it again to be sure though. Thanks all, have a great day! XO