I would like to quell some rumours

i really feel for you Cleo....too many times when i started in the biz I had many rumours flying around around myself....it drove me crazy!

i still hear them from time time but I've grown a much thicker skin since then....but it still sucks.

Stay strong and remember that there is sometimes a reason to leave the people who are said to be coming to their own conclusions....but also an alterior motive sometimes for those who might be coming to their own conclusions by telling you this or leaking gossip (which might not have happened in the first place)...be it client or lady. Its up to us all to make the right decisions. As far as i know you took on a different type of work and all we can all say is: do whatever makes you happy!......but worry about the gossipers and you will go nuts!

*big hugs*

• Like 4

Cleo, nothing should have needed to be said and is so sad that it had to be. But again the way you responded shows the class of person you are. We can all rise to your level of understanding and respect and we'll be a better community. Hugs Cub

Unfortunate you had to post this Cleo. To accommodate the rumour mongers who have no business knowing about your personal decisions in your life. What you chose to do in your life is your choice, and yours alone

Those who are spreading rumours need to grow up and get a life, and frankly mind their own business

RG

I also feel for you Cleo. No one has the right to start talking about you and thank you for posting this. It is a very nice way of reminding people that this is just something this community should not be doing. For what ever reason this person is doing this it is wrong and I hope they stop. Holding yourself with class is always the best way to go in this business. It may feel like it takes longer to do it the classy way. As the girls who start rumors ect get a lot of attention but in the long run the benefits are better for you if you just play nice. No one wants to feel like as soon as they leave this gossipers presents they will be back stabbed, Including clients. It will catch up with them.

Like you said we deal with sensitive subjects to people. What was said in confidence keep this behind closed doors. It angers me that you even had to say this to people Cleo because spreading peoples business around can cause harm to that person mentally and what if that person is feeling fragile. Having a friend who committed suicide (sorry to bring this up) I take this seriously. I'm sure none of us want to hear that rumors brought anyone to do this. We should be supporting each other and helping each other out, period.

Thanks everyone :)

It's definitely not the first time I've had to deal with rumours, and probably won't be the last. I just hit my breaking point on hearing about myself on this one so made the post to try and stop myself from having to hear about it again, haha.

It's something we all should have learned in grade school: don't gossip. But sometimes, even adults need this reminder. I'll admit even I do it sometimes, and getting so angry hearing rumours about myself made me remember: HEY, you're doing the same thing. So I do my best not to, and that's all this post is asking of others as well :)

• Like 2

We all gossip sometimes and it is foolish. Some people take it way to far when they slander someone and deface someone for their entertainment and can be sued.

The point that you made about keeping what happens behind closed doors is important. For clients and sp's, ma's or anyone in this industry. I have heard many interesting things said to me and I'm sure my clients want me to keep that to myself. We are like counselors in the sense that our clients trust us with their information. Unless the client is being anything other than a gentleman I feel no need to spread his information around. As I would find this to be a breach of confidentiality. I hope my clients feel the same way about what I say to them.

As far as anyone else let them say what they will about me. I will still have a smile on my face and wake up to a new morning everyday. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. If people buy into rumors they were never good friends or clients and you should wish them a bon voyage.

Gossip should never be part of this industry. Keep up with current affairs, watch the house of commons, watch hockey or read a book. Their are many wonderful things to talk about other than gossip.

Edited by Guest

It is absolutely disgusting that you even needed to post this but I commend you for sticking up for yourself. Be well, keep your head up and enjoy the shit out of life. That is the best revenge!

• Like 3

(and wish I knew the title I read it in!)

Rumours and Diarrhea: Painful for those experiencing them and hard to stop.

Hugs to Cleo

xo J

Sorry for your losses. Good for you for taking care of your mental, emotional and spiritual health. AND welcome back!!! xoxoxo Carrie

I am so sadden to hear this! To imagine with all that you had to deal with, you had to go threw such embarrassing conclusions!!

I hope this friend had learned a lesson on what can happen when we do not respect privacy! It is a good thing that you are taking your power back, by discussing this openly, but yet should not be necessary either:(

I have had my fair share of strange stories and conclusions about who I am and always am shocked how far some of it goes. It is not nice feeling to have to justify and validate things that are simply no one business!

Hope you are feeling better now? For what it is worth, I never heard anything about these rumors, only hear good things!

• Like 1

Guest LittleWingnut

The words "I heard that..." always send chills up my spine. The old saying, "Familiarity breeds contempt" comes to mind in all this and people put their noses wrongly in the business of others because they feel they have some right to know and if they don't know they fabricate things. Losing friends and loved ones impacts deeply upon us and we have to take a step back in order to deal with it. You have to look after you first and foremost Cleo with no explanations needed, however you are clearly a very strong person and wanted to address the matter for once and for all. You should not have been put in a position of having to do so and I do understand your grief as I've been there myself more than once. I hope you are now given the peace you deserved previously and are able to continue your healing process. I am truly sorry to hear that you have gone through this sort of emotional upheaval. I wish you well and for better days ahead.

I heard that Cleo was cute, hot, awesome, sexy, soft, sensual, funny and smart. I strongly suspect those are not unsubstantiated rumours.