I love tattoos !

@ PistolPete: I'm so sorry for the loss of your parents. What a great way to honour their memory by getting inked:)

Luxe: Tattoo practises have certainly changed over the years as I recall tattoo artists having a strict policy of not doing any work on clients' hands or faces. Now there's body art everywhere.

I think it depends on where you're getting tattoed. In Ottawa, i could see a policy like this being in place because it's very conservative white collar governmental town, tattoos aren't really part of the everyday accepted culture or accepted in the work place. The style of dress, cars, clothing and subculture is very "beige", very safe and no one likes to stand out.

In Windsor/Detroit, we are blue collar auto workers. We are the home of Motown and everyone knows Detroit Rock city. We as people and our culture are quite flamboyant and creative, as reflected in our music, speech and dress. Tattoos are culturally part of the norm there, its quite common to have numerous tattoos before your twenties, whereas here its not very common to be tatooed at all, and if you are they are in places that are easily hidden. I've never seen facial tattoos here, and hand tattoos are rare ( i have a hand tattoo myself).I think it has to with what is culturally accepted as the "norm" or "beautiful". No one ever had an issue with my tattoo's back home or in places like Toronto or Niagara Falls, it was only when i arrived in Ottawa that some potential clients had an issue with them. It's just what you are used to i guess.

I figure, if my tattoo's are a bother to a potential client , then we probably wont get along anyways, i'm wayyyy to openminded and free spirited to get along with "cookie cutters" who judge people on their differences and outside appearance,and i don't mesh well with people who think everyone should be in a nice little box and all look the same. Life is art, and its should be expressed. What is the point of having thoughts and creativity if we cannot express it?

Maybe I'm just a product of my environment, but give me colour, light, noise and freedom of expression anyday!!!!

• Like 2

Guest ****someS**l

Good for you Luxe! My first exposure was in the late 60s in Montreal and artists there did not do face or hand tattoos at that time. Such was the case here in Ottawa for several years and I've seen more hand pieces, yet I've not travelled to Windsor/Detroit and am not familiar with their practises there. Personally, I have no issues with where people have the artwork done and yes Ottawa has always been regarded as a conservative town bordering on being anal sometimes. I get back to Montreal occasionally and see artwork on just about everybody and almost on every visible body part. I don't care for swastikas on faces and necks etc. But times have changed somewhat around here, however Ottawa clients may travel to where you grew up and can get work done that is more to their liking. I remember Ottawa in the early years when everything was closed on Sundays and they rolled up the streets at 7 pm! LOL

Good for you Luxe! My first exposure was in the late 60s in Montreal and artists there did not do face or hand tattoos at that time. Such was the case here in Ottawa for several years and I've seen more hand pieces, yet I've not travelled to Windsor/Detroit and am not familiar with their practises there. Personally, I have no issues with where people have the artwork done and yes Ottawa has always been regarded as a conservative town bordering on being anal sometimes. I get back to Montreal occasionally and see artwork on just about everybody and almost on every visible body part. I don't care for swastikas on faces and necks etc. But times have changed somewhat around here, however Ottawa clients may travel to where you grew up and can get work done that is more to their liking. I remember Ottawa in the early years when everything was closed on Sundays and they rolled up the streets at 7 pm! LOL

Oh by no means was that directed to you in a negative way, lol! I was just merely commenting on how cultural differences set the standards for what is the "norm" or "acceptable". Each city has their own pros and cons, i was simply pointing out how something that is strange or uncommon in one place, is perfectly acceptable or even everyday practice in another. Thats what makes the world so great, our differences! Problems come into play when people judge others simply on their outside appearance or they how they choose to adorn themselves.

Guest ****someS**l

I know Luxe as I didn't take it that way. Love you and your gorgeous body art. Now in Ottawa they roll up the streets at 10 pm instead of 7 pm so how's that for a cultural difference?? LOL

Oh by no means was that directed to you in a negative way, lol! I was just merely commenting on how cultural differences set the standards for what is the "norm" or "acceptable". Each city has their own pros and cons, i was simply pointing out how something that is strange or uncommon in one place, is perfectly acceptable or even everyday practice in another. Thats what makes the world so great, our differences! Problems come into play when people judge others simply on their outside appearance or they how they choose to adorn themselves.

Guest W***ledi*Time
I love love love them on others...just not on me...I used to think they were weird until one day I met this client.. a client that you wouldn't think would have them {I don't why I thought that}..he took off his shirt and I was in love...so damn sexy. I've been a fan ever since....!

... presumably not him?

v6rsP0Lfomonck0qcr3oJv5Wo1_500.jpg

Tattoos. Meh. Gotta spend your money on something I suppose.

Great for hiding cellulite and vericose veins (that's a gender-neutral comment, by the way, as we both get them) I suppose.

But this one, yeah, I like it! That's some outside-of-the-box thinking! It almost makes me want to suck his nipple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Damn it, I want one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I relent, not so Meh afterall! Mine will be less vectorish though. That's just F-ing genuis!

... presumably not him?

v6rsP0Lfomonck0qcr3oJv5Wo1_500.jpg

I love tatoos as well, but not on me, I recently start to like guys who has lots of tatoos, I am thinking for a while to get one for my self, on the breast or lower back, but I still believe its the best that the body is all clean and untouch like God create

shemale LOLA SWIFT

I wanted a phoenix wraped around my leg but I thought it would be too much. With my other tattooes that can be easily hidden. I like what the phoenix stand for it is a beautiful symbol.

pheonix-tattoo-m.jpg

I wanted a phoenix wraped around my leg but I thought it would be too much. With my other tattooes that can be easily hidden. I like what the phoenix stand for it is a beautiful symbol.

pheonix-tattoo-m.jpg

My full back tattoo is a phoenix, a pink and purple one, but still one. If I could, I would make out with my own back...It has SO much meaning for me

My full back tattoo is a phoenix, a pink and purple one, but still one. If I could, I would make out with my own back...It has SO much meaning for me

Malika, you have some balls. Here is Peachy acting like she is dyeing over a four hour tat and Malika is getting her whole back done. It sounds like it was worth it. You will always remember the time you got it done, why and the meaning behind it. I still want a phoenix wrapped around my leg but it is more a fantasy at this time. I don't want to over do it. I'm sure I would find another reason to get more tattoos and I'll end up looking like Kat Von Dean, I love her by the way.

kat-von-d-called-the-police.jpg

Malika, you have some balls. Here is Peachy acting like she is dyeing over a four hour tat and Malika is getting her whole back done. It sounds like it was worth it. You will always remember the time you got it done, why and the meaning behind it. I still want a phoenix wrapped around my leg but it is more a fantasy at this time. I don't want to over do it. I'm sure I would find another reason to get more tattoos and I'll end up looking like Kat Von Dean, I love her by the way.

kat-von-d-called-the-police.jpg

To give you an idea...not done yet, but close!

318822_3972417201765_1170460587_n.jpg