Good-bye and Thank-you!

Guest W***ledi*Time

The time has come for me to leave Cerb.

I have been wavering over this decision for the best part of a year, weighing its pluses and minuses. As with most partings-of-ways, the reasons do not lie solely with one or the other party. I would say that both Cerb and I have changed, and, having both done so in the specific ways that we have, my continued presence is counter-productive, both for Cerb and, especially, for me.

Over time, I have tried to put back into Cerb as much as I myself had benefited in the old days - from both the site and from my fellow members. I leave confident that I have succeeded. But things have long-since evolved to the point that folks have become just as tired of hearing my voice as I myself have become tired of sounding like the broken record I am. Insanity, they say, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Although I will no longer be present, I do continue to strongly support the Cerb Philosophy in spirit, and also support those who have the fortitude and courage to truly work in the interest of that ideal. But Cerb and I, on a practical level, are just no longer a good fit.

There are a number of you who really require and deserve very special individual thanks from me for the kindnesses you've bestowed over the years. But if ever I started naming names, there'd be almost nowhere to end, so I'll confine myself here to one all-encompassing thank-you to ... well, you really do know who you are.

I wish the site, and you all, nothing but the best, my friends!

Cheers, Wrinkled

Let me be the first to wish you nothing but the best in your future dealings. I am sure your decision was well thought out and not a whimsical flirtation. Take care and all the best.

Oh, we will keep the porch light on if you decide to return in the future!

All the best.

While the decision to leave is yours and yours alone, I would sincerely ask you to reconsider. I'm sure your reasoning is sound and that you did not make this decision lighty, but I feel that the lack of your continued presence is an immeasurable loss to the Cerb community. You are one of the most valued and respected members here, and I for one am saddened to see you go. It just won't be the same without you, WIT. I'm just speculating here, but perhaps there's more to this than meets the eye... please PM me.

This is devastating news, WIT. I can only wish you the very best in your future endeavours. We are greatly diminished without you.

• Like 2

Your informative and insightful posts will be missed.

All the best to you Sir WIT!!

Cheers,

Jeff

• Like 1

I'm really sad to see you go, WiT. Cerb will not be the same without you.

Wishing you the best life has to offer.

toine

• Like 1

I am glad we met in Halifax, and had a chance to chat.

Well all things come to an end. I'm sure you've taken this decision after a great deal of thought, and you will be missed. Good luck with your future undertakings.

I have to echo drlove's sentiment: "an immeasurable loss to the Cerb community.". I know we have had our differences of opinion in the past and they were debated in a highly civilized manner and I learned so much from you and your posts and have tremendous respect for you.

I took a few punches lately and in the last few weeks have scaled back my participation a bit - I still refuse to get involved in controversial topics and probably will for a while yet. Of course we have no idea the reasons behind your decision but knowing you as I do from your many posts, they are well considered and well founded and must be respected.

I hope you reconsider but at the same time I respect that a man has to do what a man has to do (women also of course).

So a heartfelt thank you, merci beaucoup, y muchas gracias señor.

Te vamos a extrañar. Espero que cambie de opinión.

Such a huge loss to the Cerb community.

I must respectfully disagree with " But things have long-since evolved to the point that folks have become just as tired of hearing my voice as I myself have become tired of sounding like the broken record I am. "

You have added a depth of knowledge and wisdom that really is beyond compare and I am sure that the members of Cerb would echo my sentiments.

I wish you all the best of the future and you know where we are, as I would like to think of this as a brief hiatus and that you will return to us.

Cheers

• Like 3

This will be my last reply in this thread, but for what it's worth WIT, I implore you to heed Amelia's sage advice!

I don't really know you WIT, seems you have a lot of people around here that have a lot of respect for you and will genuinely miss you.

I would like to say a coupe of things that I think are on topic here. First, I have mixed feelings about CERB. The idea of positivity is of course a good one although I think the nature of this board sometimes stymies open discussion. I am a member on the "other board" and I would say it has more open discussions, however, there are so many rude and unkind things said to and about people that it is sometimes a place I would rather not visit. I will say being a member here has made me think twice about what I post there, have I ever said anything negative there? yes I have, but I do think about what I post before I submit it.

I say these things because there is a lot of reading between the lines here on CERB when reading posts. I have heard about some controversy that happened here awhile back which resulted in some banned members and some members who decided to leave because of it. I wonder if something similar is happening with you now and I wonder if it's related to the quote from backrubman below. I don't even know what his quote means "taking a few punches", I'm assuming through PM's. If that is the case then that is bullying, which should not be tolerated. If open discussion is met by private bullying it certainly defeats the theme of this board, IMO.

So maybe this is an opportunity to openly discuss why you are really leaving, maybe it could help others here and avoid another controversy.

Of course if you would rather bow out quietly I understand that but it seems there is more to your post than what is written.

Either way,take care and all the best to you.

I took a few punches lately and in the last few weeks have scaled back my participation a bit - I still refuse to get involved in controversial topics and probably will for a while yet.

I think I speak for the CERB community in saying you are a valued and respected member, and you will be missed if you go

If you do go, you certainly will be welcomed back if you later change your mind

Whatever you decide, I wish you all the best

Take care and Good Luck

RG

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! You can't go...your the model of fairness and knowledge. I always look forward to your posts. Leaving is not the answer. Please reconsider.:icon_confused:

Let me join others in imploring you to reconsider. I always find your posts reasoned, insightful, and fair. You are an important part of this community and I, for one, will miss you tremendously.

Porthos

Nooooooooooooooooo!!! You can't go...your the model of fairness and knowledge. I always look forward to your posts. Leaving is not the answer. Please reconsider.:icon_confused:

I join my voice with Emma and her words say my feeling.

WIT you are an inspiration to me and everything you shared brought a lot of value to this community. You are certainly one of the reasons why I joined this community.

You will be missed and we all lose when a family member goes away.

• Like 1

Like everyone has said, please reconsider....but i have a feeling from your post that you have made your mind up, unfortunately.

You will be missed.

All the best!

c.

WIT. I read your announcement first with a sense of shock and then with a sense of personal sadness, and how selfish of me that those two emotions were about me thinking of myself before you and your rationale. However, they are there and real.

Your participation on this board since I arrived almost a year and a half ago has been a grounding force for me and I am certain for many others. To have people who are that grounding force and who are the voices of reason is very important to me and to many of us. Your contributions in so very many areas have been significant. It is people such as you who have helped me educate myself on many of the issues that are both prominent and also those that are under the surface and never even considered previously.

I have also been a reader of many of your recommendations and it is clear to me that your involvement with CERB has helped you to expand your horizons and gain experiences that otherwise may not have happened, and certainly might not have happened in the way that they did- with intelligent, respectful, open and classy women.

Each and every person has their reasons for participating in CERB and ultimately their reasons for deciding to depart. I have learned to respect the various reasons that people have for becoming involved and I shall equally respect those who choose to leave this community, whatever their reasons may be.

You have made many things clear for us, and one thing that has been obviously apparent with virtually everything that you have written is your wisdom and your thoughtfulness. I am sure that you have considered this decision prior to starting this thread and I shall not attempt to convince you of an alternate course. As with all things pertaining to WIT, you are the sole decision maker. That being said, this rather insignificant voice of experience knows that the ability to reconsider is not a fault but is rather a positive and should you decide to rejoin this community tomorrow, next week, next month or next year in any capacity, then many many many of us would welcome you with open arms.

I am even more personally pleased that I was able to meet you at the social in Halifax recently, and if and when there is another then I know that regardless of anything else that you would be heartily welcomed. It is my personal pleasure to have been able to learn from you and to have had the privilege of shaking your hand in a face to face meeting.

Take Care my friend, and should you wish to maintain contact outside of CERB, then you and I do have a number of mutual friends who can send you my personal email address.

Edited by mrrnice2
Removed a PS that was causing confusion.
  • Like 8

Wow, our top reputation and one of our top posters. I think everyone needs to evaluate things in their lives, and I respect WIT for his decision. I am sure he has thought this through thoroughly, as this is his style.

I wish him the best, and at some time, if you reconsider, you will be welcomed with open arms....

...folks have become just as tired of hearing my voice as I myself have become tired of sounding like the broken record I am.

It's a terrible shame that you're leaving, WIT. I have to say I don't think the quote above about other people's perceptions of you is true; certainly it's not for me.

But I don't have any real insight into the second part about your own experience, and of course that's the most important piece of the puzzle. I'll have to take you at your word.

Please consider taking a break for however long you need, but without committing yourself to never, ever returning. Maybe you won't make it back here, but don't paint yourself into a corner where if you do feel inclined to return, you'll feel you shouldn't because you stated publicly that you were gone for good. Y'know?

Best wishes, and thanks for all of your posts. It's been great to read your contributions.

I will truly miss the calm spirit you bring to cerb and having somebody I could trust to bug with questions. Best wishes.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest Ou**or**n

No words can convey the loss that this bring to CERB. That loss exists because of the extent and depth of your contributions. I wish you the very best.

All of your posts reflect someone of great thought and character. I expect as you've indicated you've been thinking about this for some time. Let me echo the thoughts of the loss we'll feel in our little community and wish for you all the best! Cub

• Like 3