What is for supper tonight?

I'll be making a Tajine inspired stew today, slow cooked, with stewing beef, chicken, merguez sausage and lots of vegetables. I have a great spice mix to use. Nothing better than the smell of Morrocan spices in the air.

Homemade ginger and molasses cookies will also be in the making.

Tonight, not too adventuresome.

Hotdogs on a bun. Fixins, sauerkraut, melted swiss cheese and hot mustard with a Becks no alcohol beer

Desert, Hagen Das Ice Cream

RG

Thanks Jabba, and it was an awesome evening.

The mussels are really simple.

Broth is white wine and a touch of water, chopped onion, celery and garlic, parsley and pepper. Add mussels to the boiling liquid, and when they are open (usually 2 - 3 minutes) they are ready to eat.

You only use maybe 1/2 to 1 inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot.

Bon appetit.

Good luck on your MegaFeed!

How do you do the mussels?

• Like 1

Meg,s avitar is making me hungry but i,ll have to settle for 2nd day 3 cheese lasagna - i made it late last night and find the flavors when left for a day or two improve immensely !!

• Like 1

Guest ****ven

ummmm i think someone should make me dinner as i have a mega study sess to deal with lol.

otherwise its gonna be vitamin water munchies mix and baby carrots.

Well seeing as I'm fishing this afternoon and by the time I get back will be too tired (or lazy LOL) to cook I'll get take out

Either spaghetti and meatballs or souvlaki with extra tzatziki

RG

• Like 1

Guest *ig*a**

Well tonight it's a trip to my favourite italian restaurant for linguine pescatore along with a nice chianti.

braised veal chops with wild mushrooms, roasted carrots parsnips and shallots,and steamed baby potato,s - mmm luv fall veggies roasted

• Like 1

I had some whole grain spaghetti, tomato and onion sauce along with some olive oil and basil spice.

Delightful :)

Tuna melt on 12 grain bread but....I made it in the toaster oven on top of which was a freshly baked (well this morning) banana bread wrapped in seran wrap. So,the top of my toaster oven is ruined as was the bread but the tuna melt was marvelous!

beautiful weather last night. Had to bbq a nice big fat juicy hamburger with a little melted blue cheese on top. toasted buttery bun. tomatoes, onion and a slice of dill pickel. and of course, a few sips of red wine...

So I'm making my first soup today. Boiled up my turkey carcass lastnight while I was putting thanksgiving leftovers. (and of course pulled out all the bones). Then this after noon I added potatoes, carrots and a tiny bit of corn I had in the fridge with some salt and pepper.

Simple I know but some of the best things are :) I have it simmering on low now and it seems tasty but I can't help but think that it's missing something. May be its I don't have and seasoning to put in other then salt n pepper.... Or maybe like chowders and chilly it needs to cool and be reheated first :)

Same thing that will be for dinner all week: LEFTOVER TURKEY!!!

But I found some stealth Swiss chard out in the garden this weekend, and I have some puff pastry in the freezer. Maybe I will try tartes aux blettes, substituting turkey for chicken.

http://www.papillesetpupilles.fr/2006/01/tarte-aux-blettes.html/

Tarte-aux-blettes.jpg

Edited by JoyfulC
I found kale too, but the recipe calls for Swiss Chard.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

No turkey leftovers here! We had two 17 lbs turkeys and they were picked clean as we had 21 all together for dinner yesterday. So tonight was a pasta dish with garlic bread to keep it light but there is still a whole pumpkin pie to consume.

had an early super of leftover turkey, homemade gravy, mashed potatoes with carrots. Fresh, homemade apple cookies are in the oven.