What is for supper tonight?

Sticking to neutral foods this week (avoiding garlic and onion), had roast chicken tonight pre cooked at the grocery store

For desert, fresh pineapple

For breakfast tomorrow, fresh pineapple, for lunch, chicken sandwich and fresh pineapple, dinner haven't decided...but all deserts fresh pineapple

Wonder why :-)

RG

Sticking to neutral foods this week (avoiding garlic and onion), had roast chicken tonight pre cooked at the grocery store

For desert, fresh pineapple

For breakfast tomorrow, fresh pineapple, for lunch, chicken sandwich and fresh pineapple, dinner haven't decided...but all deserts fresh pineapple

Wonder why :-)

RG

Mmmm grill a pineapple round tonight then in the morning dice the chicken and pineapple up, mix in a bit of Greek yogurt or mayo and S&P add some chopped walnuts or pecans if you like a crunch! Put on a fresh bun or grainy bread works great!

Edited by Meg O'Ryan
  • Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Supper was vegetable soup and barbecued chicken on a bun ! I am turning into a soup fiend!

I thought I would try something different tonight. So I had Roast duck with roasted veggies.

Last night I had pepper corn steak with roasted potatoes and veggies...

• Like 1

I haven't been cooking as much but my last real own homemade meal was braised oxtail with root vegetables and dumplings.

A chef friend of mine made me beef tenderloin with caramelized onions and mushroom demi-glace with roasted peppers & eggplant and teeny tiny little fresh potatoes. Was delicious!

My bucket list of cooking:

duck (haven't had it much, would like to try it)

curry goat

beef bourguignon

palak paneer (with homemade paneer)

a savoury souffle

• Like 1

Tonight cooked a treat for myself...now I just have to clean up the

kitchen :-(

Spaghettini Carbonnera :-)

spaghettini with bacon, parmesan, eggs, cream and butter...and no, not fattening at all LOL, but real good. Right now stuffed

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I am going to a good old standby for dinner! Spaggetti and Meatballs with garlic bread and cheese with a home made sauce, brazed asparagus carmalized in balsilmic vineger and some wine to mellow me out after a stressfull week .

I love this time of year. Seems to inspire more harty cooking! I tire of the BBQ by the time September hits!

So I made: Chilean Roast Beef. Topped ith homemade salsa, the jalapeño was roasted first, which gave a unique flavor with out the heartburn!

Served with roasted sweet potato, then drizzled with a garlic olive oil. And sautéed asparagus, also in garlic olive oil!

The color and aroma was incredible!

Guest *ig*a**

Well the other night I had a rotisserie capon with steamed green beans and rosemary garlic roasted potatoes all served with a nice chilled bottle of pinot griggio.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well if I make it home in time from work.

BBQ'd beef tenderoin smothered with peppercorn gravy

Sliced potatoes, butter, onion, salt and pecker wrapped in foil - cooked on the BBQ

Shrimp and mushrooms and seasoning wrapped in foil - cooked on the BBQ

The last of the corn on the cob cooked on the side burner on the BBQ

and a Bud Light

If I don't make it in time then pizza pops and a Bud Light and try again tomorrow

The days are getting short and cool at nights :( boooooooooo

Bon Appetit

Oh this is such a great foodie thread! I love it! I had some leftover spinach and cheese ravioli from last night, and then figured I should eat some veggies with it, so I sauteed some onions, mushrooms, and asparagus with almonds and lemon juice, and steamed an artichoke. So yummy!

Guest *ig*a**

Well seeing as it's Friday I like to start off with a dry martini using Hendricks Gin lighly shaken with 3 olives for the appetizer it will be Ceasar Salad with a homemade Ceasar Dressing and served with a chilled Pinot Grigio. For the main course a well aged Canada Prime striploin that has been bbq'd accompanied by roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus that has been lightly dusted with parmasen cheese and a nice dry Cabernet Saivignon. For dessert well lets just say we'll leave that up to the imagination.

An on the spot invention last night...

Spinach pasta, Alfredo sauce with sautéed red peeper, red onion, mushroom, turkey meatballs. Seasoned with sea salt, chillies and scallions. Was very good!!

I love it when you have no idea what your cooking, till it all comes together!

Well, this is the night of my annual mega-bonfire which seems to grow in size every year, both the fire and the number of people, so I am expecting 50+ this evening.

All you can eat corn and mussels are on the menu.

AND, it really looks like I got my break in the weather! The sun is now out and I am looking forward to one of my favorite evenings of the year.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Well, this is the night of my annual mega-bonfire which seems to grow in size every year, both the fire and the number of people, so I am expecting 50+ this evening.

All you can eat corn and mussels are on the menu.

AND, it really looks like I got my break in the weather! The sun is now out and I am looking forward to one of my favorite evenings of the year.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck on your MegaFeed!

How do you do the mussels?

I've been dieting for a few months so I indulged tonight for supper. Taco Bell I had fries supreme and 2 softshell supreme tacos. well the fries and the 1 taco for supper the other left over taco I ate laying on the bed watching Leno. It was glorious :D