TV shows/series

So, I like to watch tv via the Internet. I will choose a show and only watch it until the end (last season aired). I have just finished 8 seasons of Grey's Anatomy and looking for suggestions on where to go next.

I have seen quite a few shows so I won't list them but curious to get some recommendations

I love getting in to a show once it's completed, so I can watch the entire series in one shot

Some of my favourites have been:

Six Feet Under

LOST

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'm serious. This took a bit, the first season is dreadful, but it's so clever and witty, it's really worth it)

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica

Dead Like Me

Better Off Ted

Pushing Daisies

and of course, Beverly Hills 90210. All-time fave, I even have it tattooed on me (my best friend Roxy has the same tattoo, oh yeeeeeeah)

Great ones that are still on the air are

Breaking Bad

Weeds

• Like 4

Guest S**a*Q

-The Misfits. (It's from the UK I think... The first season is currently available on Netflix. There are three seasons.)

-True Blood. (Five seasons in atm. I'm just watching for them to kill off Sookie, god that woman ANNOYS me.)

-Workaholics. (Hahaha I love Anders. Three seasons I think.)

-Archer. (It's animated, but it's AMAZING. Watch it. There are three seasons with more to come. Huge names doing voices in this as well.)

-Californication. (It's about a writer, sex and it has David Duchovny in it. Nom nom! Five seasons)

Any of the Andy Whitfield Spartacus series is awesome...theres also a series that follows that is a prequel to that season and its amazing.

Oooo, I forgot about this show but I just re-watched the series because I missed a ton of them due to what they showed in re-runs. The twilight zone. So so so awesome!

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest h**m****3

I have to agree with a couple of the previous posts.

Walking Dead

Breaking Bad

Also add

Game of Thrones

Hell On Wheels and/or The Walking Dead would be good choices. That said I would also recommend Supernatural. I started watching it part way through season 6 and was hooked so I watched the first six seasons last winter while season 7 was airing.

I agree on the "Misfits" ... Even though my DVDs came from China and had an incomprehensible cover

The only way I ever watched "24" was all at once, over a lost weekend

I heartily reccommend "Father of the Pride" ... Sadly a short lived animated series set in Vegas following the animals in the Siegfried & Roy show ... I especially like a show that brings protests from the Parent's Television Council

1. Breaking Bad

Hands-down best TV series of all time. Dramatic, funny, deep, tells an evolving story with complex characters with a story arc planned out from the beginning. Now on its last season.

2. Deadwood

Complex characters, great commentary on human nature and how and why communities get built from the ground up. Plus, all the swearing you could ever want. And a handful of smart, cynical, entirely human prostitutes, so there's that.

3. Firefly

A little off the mainstream path and this can be a hurdle for some, which is the reason it's not in my #1 spot. A niche show that rewards putting a little time in. Funny as hell, dramatic, with believable and human characters. Tugs at my heartstrings every time to think about what could have been if only it had continued. Also the best line in TV history: "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

4. The Wire

This really belongs in the #1 spot, but this isn't a show for casual viewing and that can put a lot of people off. This show takes work to watch, because it doesn't spell everything out for you and it can take a while to learn who everyone is, their relationship, and how the pieces fit together. But if you can get past that, this is dense, smart, real, honest, and socially relevant television. Nothing else even comes close. One of the few shows I've watched and come away when it's done thinking, "I really do understand the real world better and more deeply than when I started."

Honourable mentions:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (both getting a bit dated now, though)

Veronica Mars (same problem)

The first three seasons of Dexter (and then stop)

Terriers <-- little known and just one season, but I really really liked this

Game of Thrones (the setting can be a hurdle if you're not comfy with fantasy though)

• Like 1

Honourable mentions:

The first three seasons of Dexter (and then stop)

I have to respectfully disagree, I am still a huge fan.

• Like 1

Sons of Anarchy - stars Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal and Kim coates. really good drama show entering its 5th season this fall.

Suits - a show in its 2nd season at the moment that ends this thursday.

The Newsroom - an HBO show in its 1st season created by Aaron Sorkin and stars Jeff Daniels and Emily Mortimer. Really good show about newroom politics and the coverage of current affairs. It covers news events from about 2 yrs back but from the P.O.V of a newsroom.

BOSS - A politically-inclining show that stars Kelsey Grammer as the Mayor of Chicago with some neurological disease and how he deals with that and his family. its 2nd season just started and its great too.

Oh Yeaa and Breaking Bad- in its final season and a really great great show. Probably will get mentioned alot here.

Guest p**h*x
Any of the Andy Whitfield Spartacus series is awesome...theres also a series that follows that is a prequel to that season and its amazing.

The Spartacus series is amazing. If anyone is thinking of giving it a shot do not watch the prequel first it ruins the end of the first season right at the beginning. The order to watch Sparatcus is Blood and Sand, Gods of the Arena, then Vengeance.

Game of Thrones

True Blood

Six Feet Under

Essentially, all of the HBO shows are amazing ;)

Nurse Jackie is great too.

• Like 1

I've just gotten into House after a long time of wanting to get into it...

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

Game of Thrones (read the books!)

True Blood

Community

Boardwalk Empire

Walking Dead (though you must read the graphic novel!)

Defying Gravity was great, but only lasted a season :(

Edited by Kathryn Bardot
  • Like 1

Shameless is the only show I can add not already mentioned. Severely messed up but entirely enjoyable.

+1 to:

Breaking Bad!!!

Game of Thrones

Firefly

Battlestar Galactica

Lost

Californication

• Like 1

I loved to turn on A&E for The Sopranoes re-runs on Sundays mornings some time ago. Not sure if it's still on these days.

Holy shit I have so many shows on dvd!lol.

In chronological order

-Dark Shadows (horribly campy and addictive)

-The Incredible Hulk (I'm an old school monster movie kinda guy. And this show had strong Jekyll/Hyde/Frankenstein themes. Very campy at times but that was half the fun)

-Moonlighting (Bruce Willis. 'Nuff said)

-Quantum Leap (cracks me up and gets me all choked up at times)

-Forever Knight (campy canuck vampires....who don't sparkle)

-Lois and Clark (I'm secretly a Superman fanboy)

-X-Files

-Millenium (another Chris Carter show which I actually preferred over X-Files. Lance Henriksen + Profiling serial killers = coolness).

Hack - David Morse as a vigilante do gooder cab driver lol.

More recent shows:

-Smallville (closet Supes fanboy, remember?)

-Rescue Me

-Masters Of Horror

-Rome (one of my faves. I think I've watched the whole series over about 3 or 4 times now.)

-Deadwood (bad ass westerns rock).

-Dexter

-Sons of Anarchy

-Durham County (pretty good canadian cop show with Hugh Dillon, lead singer of The Headstones)

-Spartacus (Lucy Lawless' boobies, Lucy Lawless in a threesome with another woman, Lucy Lawless getting "fluffed" by her own personal fluffer....do I really need to continue?lol)

-The Walking Dead

And I think that's it.

A couple upcoming shows still being developed that I'm looking forward to checking out:

Hannibal (set up as a prequel to the Hannibal Lecter series when he was still out and about before being locked up)

The Incredible Hulk (being developed for ABC by Guillermo Del Toro who directed the Hellboy movies and Pan's Labyrinth and David Eick who was the brains behind the new Battlestar Galactica).

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Sherlock (BBC)

Jekyll (BBC, only one season)

Being Human (UK version)

The League of Gentlemen (BBC very very dark sketch comedy)

Monkey Dust (BBC dark comedy)

WKRP in Cincinnati

And I'll second:

The Wire (FOR OMAR!)

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

Community

Buffy

Weeds

• Like 2