TV shows/series

Sherlock (BBC)

Jekyll (BBC, only one season)

Being Human (UK version)

The League of Gentlemen (BBC very very dark sketch comedy)

Monkey Dust (BBC dark comedy)

WKRP in Cincinnati

And I'll second:

The Wire (FOR OMAR!)

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

Community

Buffy

Weeds

Can't believe I forgot Jekyll! God I loved that series!

Claire: You're a psychopath and I am NOT safe with you!

Hyde: I'm a psychopath with superpowers and you're my girl!

....Totally gonna have to go watch that now lol

Posted via Mobile Device

Don't think these have been mentioned

Justified (Timothy Olyphant)

House of Lies (Don Cheadle)

Web Therapy (Lisa Kudrow)

The Big C (Laura Linney)

Peace

MG

• Like 1

There are a lot of shows listed that I know I would like, but didn't want to commit to even more TV than I currently follow lol.

I like long mini series, ones with endings, rather than the continued season after season of 'who did it" sort of thing.

The Killing (I think it was filmed in Vancouver, setting is meant to be Seattle, and based on a Swedish book (Scandinavian at any rate)) A really cold and wet series lol, but complete beginning to ending.

Pillars of the Earth. I liked it and I don't like historical dramas. I think there is another similar one to follow. Again, the series is complete in maybe 10 episodes.

The Borgias. I enjoyed it until I found out there would be a season 2. In any case, it is well done, I think. I watched season one over a long weekend, back to back shows.

I have to agree with Berlin regarding the UK version of Being Human. The Canadian one is crap. You miss all the weird English humour, and really the werewolf guy has got to be nervous and nerdy and goofy looking. The Canadian guy is too normal.

The Almighty Johnsons. Show out of New Zealand about a nerdy goofy guy who turns 21 and finds out he and his brothers and family happen to be Norse gods. He just happens to be Odin, and has to find Frig in order for everyone to get full powers.

Guest jake_cdn

A few from the archives that are always enjoyed ...

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Columbo

Quantum Leap

The Larry Saunders Show (hilarious)

Fawlty Towers (best comedy ever)

A couple of recent ones ...

Dexter

Bones

Burn Notice

Weeds

Californication

i know i'm repeating some but here are some of my all times favs

DEXTER

NYPD BLUE

BURN NOTICE

SONS OF ANARCHY

CASTLES

Most of my favs have been mentioned: breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones. Sherlock is incredible and the Wire is a phenomenal show.

On the Sci Fi side, Firefly, Farscape, Battlestar Galactica. But surely I'm not the only Doctor Who fan in Cerb. Can't wait for the new series to start this weekend.

Porthos

• Like 1

Ice Pilots NWT

Ice Road Truckers

Pawn Stars

Law & Order (they are playing the old original reruns on Mystery Channel)

Law & Order SVU

The Good Wife

NCIS

NCIS Los Angeles

Seinfeld

Just a few

RG

• Like 1

My 2 favs are Californication and Shameless but I also really like weeds, 6feet under

Most recently-The Crimson Petal and the White- it's a mini series -Set in 1870s London, a young prostitute finds potential power and status after becoming the mistress of a powerful patriarch...You'll love it.

• Like 1

The Crimson Petal and the White- it's a mini series -Set in 1870s London, a young prostitute finds potential power and status after becoming the mistress of a powerful patriarch...You'll love it.

I did love it, watched it twice!

A great on that just started is Copper!

I love to watch Frasier reruns and the new show on hbo-girls is funny .I also saw one episode of Charlie Sheens new show, it was funny, I enjoyed it, may continue to follow it, sorry it's name I missed.

• Like 1

I love to watch Frasier reruns and the new show on hbo-girls is funny .I also saw one episode of Charlie Sheens new show, it was funny, I enjoyed it, may continue to follow it, sorry it's name I missed.

it's called anger management

• Like 1

I did love it, watched it twice!

A great on that just started is Copper!

I watched it (Copper) when it first aired on Sunday and I too enjoyed it.

Another show that I enjoy is Longmire on A&E, you might consider giving it a go even though its first season has concluded.

• Like 1

I noted a couple of earlier nominations for Jeckyll with the great Jimmy Nesbitt; might I also suggest his BBC Ireland series Murphy's Law. Nesbitt playsa very convincing Irish undercover agent. series 3 &4 are great!

Also someone mentioned AMC's the Killing...if you get a chance to see the original Swedish series or even better, one that recently played in the UK called the Bridge...check it out!!!

....and yes...The Wire.....simply the best TV series ever!!!!!

I don't know if anyone has seen this one, called "The Client List" There was a newspaper article in the paper last week about the series beginning it's second season. I don't think it made it north of the border and they were trying to get a slot here for it. The reason I mention it is because it revolves around this industry.

The lead actress is Jennifer Love Hewitt, the story of young woman who takes a job at a massage parlor to support her family when her husband is unable to work, and soon finds her life spiraling out of control. Probably a bit of a soap opera.

• Like 3

Maybe I missed it but has anyone seen Keifer Sutherland's new show "Touch"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKyoiVP1D4

I've been curious about it but I'm afraid to get into new shows....every time I do they end up being cancelled. I learned my lesson with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.....great show but it got cancelled after the second season which ended on a TOTAL cliffhanger!! I HATE when that happens! No closure :( It's like watching an unfinished movie. But this one I might check out after it's been on for a while and I'm pretty sure it won't get cancelled prematurely.

• Like 1

Yes. I've seen a few episodes of Touch. I really like it.

Love presently and can't wait for them to start again:

Good Wife, Revenge, Californication, Shameless, Castle, Mentalist, Modern Family, Girls, Newsroom, White Collar, Big Bang Theory, Raising Hope, Republic of Doyle, Cougar Town, New Girl

Loved previously and highly recommend: Dead like Me, Pushing up Daisies, Boston Legal, New Adventures of Old Christine,

Edited by Carrie Moon

I can't believe I forgot this one, but American Horror Story!

New season starts in October.

Love this! Thanks for the heads up on the next season!

Yes. I've seen a few episodes of Touch. I really like it.

Love presently and can't wait for them to start again:

Good Wife, Revenge, Californication, Shameless, Castle, Mentalist, Modern Family, Girls, Newsroom, White Collar, Big Bang Theory, Raising Hope, Republic of Doyle, Cougar Town, New Girl

Loved previously and highly recommend: Dead like Me, Pushing up Daisies, Boston Legal, New Adventures of Old Christine,

Jesus Woman ! That is a lot of shows ! Is your job a TV show critic ? How do you find the time to have sex and golf and all of those other fun things ;) haha

• Like 1

Jesus Woman ! That is a lot of shows ! Is your job a TV show critic ? How do you find the time to have sex and golf and all of those other fun things ;) haha

I gave up golf and if you watch tv doggie style you can have sex at the same time! :bddog:

but seriously.. I don't golf :) I have a pvr and I either do crafts or play on the net while watching tv. I fast forward through commercial literally cutting out 1/4 of the tv watching time. and yes.. I watch too much tv.

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone has seen this one, called "The Client List" There was a newspaper article in the paper last week about the series beginning it's second season. I don't think it made it north of the border and they were trying to get a slot here for it. The reason I mention it is because it revolves around this industry.

The lead actress is Jennifer Love Hewitt, the story of young woman who takes a job at a massage parlor to support her family when her husband is unable to work, and soon finds her life spiraling out of control. Probably a bit of a soap opera.

It's coming on this Sunday night on Lifetime Network, just saw a promo for it

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-29471

I'll give it a watch, who knows, may be good

RG

I watch my shows on tubeplus.me for the streaming ones so I don't have to download.

My favs are

Breaking Bad

Weeds

Dexter

Sons of Anarchy

Storage Wars

Breaking Amish

Long Island Medium

Anger Management

Mob Wives

And my secret guilty pleasures that I like hate watch.. damn I just told everyone!

All the "Real Housewives" series

Keeping Up With the Kardashians

LOTS of good shows alreay mentioned such as weeds, walking dead, big bang, soa ect.

a couple I would like to throw on the list that I haven't seen posted. I still watch the seasons of Gilmore girls lol. I absolutely love Drop Dead Diva. Hero's is addictive. Becker is a good laugh and if you like Ted Danson there is also Board to Death on hbo with Zach Galifianakis and Jason Schwartzman. Call me Fitz is pretty good. Til death is decent as well as a show that only lasted a season and a half called Gary Unmarried.

and there is a show that's on the CW right now in its second season called Hart of Dixie. its an NY surgeon and she gets sent to a small town in Louisiana to run a practice to work on her bedside manner lol and some zany stuff happens :)

and 2 broke girls is a definite must see if you haven't already.

and Ringer had become an absolute addiction to me last year but unfortunately it didn't get picked back up this year :(

• Like 1