Just got stood up

I'll tell my story, but not the names. You can PM for it if you want.

So I booked a 2-hour appt. today. She asked to change the time, which was ok by me. I was running late b/c I missed the bus, somehow. Called to let her know. No answer. Got on the bus eventually, and called her when I got off the bus near her place. No answer. When I got to her place, called her. No answer.

You can see where this is going. I go all the way there, out in the cold and rain, looking forward to 2 hours with a lovely lady, and now I'm back sitting at home, with nothing to show for my time except lost time. At least the wallet's still fat.

So, needless to say I am unimpressed.

Now that's sucks!!! I have only been stood up once and that was in Montreal, but have never had a problem in Ottawa before. Not a good way to spend your Saturday!

I'll tell my story, but not the names. You can PM for it if you want.

So I booked a 2-hour appt. today. She asked to change the time, which was ok by me. I was running late b/c I missed the bus, somehow. Called to let her know. No answer. Got on the bus eventually, and called her when I got off the bus near her place. No answer. When I got to her place, called her. No answer.

You can see where this is going. I go all the way there, out in the cold and rain, looking forward to 2 hours with a lovely lady, and now I'm back sitting at home, with nothing to show for my time except lost time. At least the wallet's still fat.

So, needless to say I am unimpressed.

Yeah, I was stood-up about a month ago by someone who's extremely well reviewed here... The worst part is that it can put you in a bad mood, so you don't even feel like re-scheduling with someone else....

That is really bad! But maybe something happened.. a last minute visit from a family member or boyfriend or who knows.. Sometimes we could be put in positions where we cannot cancel. I say wait a little while and perhaps she will give you an explanation. Why would someone stand you up for no reason anyways? That is not nice at all, and she probably likes seeing you as much as you do.. We need are clients too and try to always treat them with the most respect, but sometimes things can happen. I am sorry for you and hope it all works out!

If this can console you, we get stood up ALL THE TIME!

XXXXX

If this can console you, we get stood up ALL THE TIME!

Oh, I know. I had to stand one of the ladies up once. Was not happy with myself for that one. Hopefully things work out here.

I have been stood up 4 times in the last two years - similar situation each time, confirmed earlier that day but yet when I arrived and called no answer, waited around and called and called, and eventually went home. Twice it was with someone I had seen several times before. I ended up hearing back from them later saying that something had come up or someone decided they wanted to stay longer etc. It sucks but it happens. The more professional ladies will always give you notice if they cannot make it. I have had some of the top ladies from Ottawa email or txt me in advance and say they cannot make it for different reasons - much easier to accept than sitting in your car outside their place wondering what is going on. That being said I have had to call and cancel last minute a few times myself due to work situations. Thats life!

Rather than speculate we should just let timinator and his friend work this out. Stuff occurs in everyone's lives and sometimes it cannot be helped. People drive, they could have car trouble or get into an accident or something. This too is speculation - so I will stop and let the parties work it out.

At some point or other this has happened and guess what - it will happen again. It is the nature of the beast.

i myself have found that i was more than once in a situation where i was unable to cancel or rescedule the meeting due to not having a phonenumber that will accept incoming calls so when booking it is very necessary to have an email address or phone number in case of an emergency

alexo