Welcome new users and visitors - please read.

Hello everyone!

This is new to me but I would like to learn how this works. Some advice please? Thank you everybody :)

Yeah I am impressed with this site so far and how people speak professionally to one another. I definitely feel more comfortable here already than other sites. 

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

Tom here. Just wanted to say Howdy to everyone and introduce myself. I recently had a negative encounter to say the least, with a young lady, and was swindled like a fool. Shame on me for not doing my homework prior. Nowadays, things certainly operate much differently then back in the early 70’s when I was a young buck.  My beloved wife Rosie recently passed a few years ago, and ever since it has been very quiet and extremely lonely out here on the farm. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I thought it might be nice to find a nice lady, that’s easy on the eyes, who would be willing to visit the farm and keep an ol’ fellow like me company to help pass the time and make the days not seem so long.  I was thinking maybe even share a home cooked meal together or even watch a old film. Well, stupid me I sure did jump the gun on this one before finding out how things work nowadays in this online new age, High tech, Mumbo Jumbo way of life that everyone seems to understand but old Tom here !  Well, some young thing pulled a fast one on me. Shortly after arriving,!she asked to use the restroom, and instead just darted out the side door like a scared deer caught in the head lights of a tractor with her tip she insisted on upfront. Never heard or saw from her again, so a close pal recommended your web page hoping I could learn the ropes on how things work nowadays in this confusing, fast paced technological driven world that sometimes just makes my head spin. So here I am , welcome and a kind thank you to the website owner for giving a guy like me a fighting chance. 

Cheers, 

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom, welcome to our community. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, and my condolences on your wife passing.

There are reputable women here in NB, and I hope this doesn't deter you from reaching out.

Wishing you a great day. ❤

• Like 3

18 hours ago, SussexCowboy79 said:

Hello Everyone,

Tom here. Just wanted to say Howdy to everyone and introduce myself. I recently had a negative encounter to say the least, with a young lady, and was swindled like a fool. Shame on me for not doing my homework prior. Nowadays, things certainly operate much differently then back in the early 70’s when I was a young buck.  My beloved wife Rosie recently passed a few years ago, and ever since it has been very quiet and extremely lonely out here on the farm. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I thought it might be nice to find a nice lady, that’s easy on the eyes, who would be willing to visit the farm and keep an ol’ fellow like me company to help pass the time and make the days not seem so long.  I was thinking maybe even share a home cooked meal together or even watch a old film. Well, stupid me I sure did jump the gun on this one before finding out how things work nowadays in this online new age, High tech, Mumbo Jumbo way of life that everyone seems to understand but old Tom here !  Well, some young thing pulled a fast one on me. Shortly after arriving,!she asked to use the restroom, and instead just darted out the side door like a scared deer caught in the head lights of a tractor with her tip she insisted on upfront. Never heard or saw from her again, so a close pal recommended your web page hoping I could learn the ropes on how things work nowadays in this confusing, fast paced technological driven world that sometimes just makes my head spin. So here I am , welcome and a kind thank you to the website owner for giving a guy like me a fighting chance. 

Cheers, 

Tom

Hi, Tom,

Welcome to this site.  I am pretty sure you'll enjoy the environment here and that you'll find what you need in your situation.  That said, I am sorry to hear about your terrible misfortune and encounter.  For bad encounters like this, it would be beneficial to everyone if you post your encounter in the threads entitiled      " To Report Bait and Switch....".  to warn other hobbyists.  You'll find such a thread under a major location and it would be more appropiate to post it in the area where this incident took place.

For Ottawa -

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/10-ottawa-warnings-to-report-bait-and-switch-scams-amp-dangerous-encounters-not-for-negative-revie/

For New Brunswick -

https://www.lyla.ch/forum/270-nb-warnings-to-report-bait-and-switch-scams-amp-dangerous-encounters-not-for-negative-revie/

Hope this helps, and good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to Lyla "SussexCowboy79". Please, accept my Condolences, and I'm sorry to hear about your Negative  Encounter. The shame isn't on you,Tom, the shame is on her. Yes, there are some not so good ladies out there,some homework should be done, these days. With that being said,keep in mind, there are still some Great Ladies" out there. You will find the Right Gal to enjoy your company. Welcome Tom... 

Katie xoxo's 👄 

• Like 2

I’m really loving this site! I should have joined a long time ago! 🙂 

• Like 3

On February 28, 2019 at 9:06 PM, Jenn said:

Welcome to Lyla Jenn,

Hope you enjoy ... 😘

• Thanks 1

Guest JamesB700
On 1/2/2019 at 2:48 AM, SussexCowboy79 said:

Hello Everyone,

Cheers, 

Tom

Hi Tom,

Welcome to Lyla.  Take lots of time to browse the site, read and educate yourself.  There is so much great information shared in here.  And if you ever need help don't hesitate to post questions.  If you would rather pm feel free to do so.  I welcome it and am pretty sure most other members would as well.  You can also pm the mods and they will let you know how to go about finding information and where to post for what.

I had a similar experience a few years ago in Moncton.  I too was the victim of a "cash and dash".  It's easy to fall victim with inexperience and a trusting heart. Done things never change over the years.  In my case the sp arrived (not looking like her photos and now older and letting herself go but whatever.  This was red flag 1).  She asked me to shower first (not unreasonable but I should have asked her to remain in the bathroom with me, showered with me or brought all valuables in with me since I had no previous experience with her.  This was mistake 2.  Mistake 1 was not doing some homework and checking this site out first, lol).  Once I was in the shower she said something about forgetting her items and coming right back (red flag 2).  Of course I get out of the shower to find her gone along with the envelope that had been set out on the dresser.  I was fortunate that that was all she grabbed.  It made me feel so stupid, foolish and played I was furious and sick to my stomach.  

I then decided to use the experience as motivation to get smarter and learn from my mistakes.  We all make them. It's only our fault if we refuse to learn from them. Hopefully, sharing our mistakes will help others avoid them and make it easier to learn from theirs.

Lyla has been great for me.  The majority of members seem genuine and interested in helping each other out.  I hope you have much better experiences going forward.  

James

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, Jenn said:

Certainly glad to hear that Jenn. And welcome again!! :)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Janebondage said:

Can one pit their rates in their bio? 

As many do on their profiles and announcements, I suppose it's not a problem.

On 2/19/2014 at 7:55 AM, Midnite-Energies said:

Good Morning everyone and welcome to CERB. It is what you make out of it which means there are a lot of great people here to chat with and be friendly and learn plus a lot of sexy ladies to communicate with and explore.

Any questions, feel free to ask in a new post, a thread already going or even a PM to another member. Most are happy to help.

You can post and advertise in shout box however you have to have 5 posts before doing so.

Wonderful to have new voices on board. Enjoy your experience!! :boobies:

Hi this is my first time visiting this website, I’m glad to see this exists for everyone’s sanity lol. I’ll start by saying it’s a bit funny the CERB was already an acronym for this website before the big guy J.T. stole it for this pandemic relief, so technically he’s infringing on some rights there haha. Anyhow I have a high drive and need lots of companionship let’s say and have had to supplement my relationships over the years. Some relationships I should say, not all. I’ll share a few of my concerns from my perspective, I hope it helps someone relate or not get vamboozled like me, live and learn! I’ve been lured to an address before where I’ve been ghosted much like other stories I’ve read on here. Also been suckered into paying (not full I’m not that naive) part of my donation and again getting let down. The other things that’s always in the back of my mind is I always wonder if the person Im Messaging is actually the person Im going to meet, and unfortunately often enough it’s not. The add is one person and who shows up is not her. This is very common from what I’ve experienced and from stories from friends etc. I’ve seen some comments on here saying - do your homework before - what exactly do you mean by that? Ask for references? I’m new to this website and haven’t surfed around yet, are there verifications and adds here that can be trusted? I bring this up not only for my side of the bed haha but also it must be scary not knowing who is coming to your house or who’s house or what party or what to expect on the other side of the door. Be safe everyone and look out for each other, spread the love (making)! 
Now, please direct me to the add section haha jkjk,... but seriously, which way 😜😋

• Like 1

Hello,

This is my first time posting since on the site. I hope everyone is doing all right during this pandemic. 

Peace and love...

Edited by MrDixon
  • Like 3

Welcome to Lyla "MrDixon",😘  

Hope you enjoy the Lyla Community. Stay Safe & Sanitized 😉

• Like 1

Guest lydiahardwood
10 hours ago, MrDixon said:

Hello,

This is my first time posting since on the site. I hope everyone is doing all right during this pandemic. 

Peace and love...

Welcome @MrDixon! We hope you enjoy using Lyla. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. 😊 Lydia x