Guest *ig*a**

It's hard to beleive that Debra would find out about her brother being a serial killer so earley maybe the ending is a dream eithet Dexter or Debra are having?

It occurred to me that it was a dream, as well, but I think it probably isn't. It's interesting watching Deb trying to deal how she feels about what she has seen while at the same time watching Dex go about business as usual.

And poor Deb. She just can't fall in love with a guy without him getting killed or turning out to be a serial killer. She has no luck at all.

Amongst the many complications and issues with Deb catching Dexter in the act, LaGuerta secretly snagging the left behind blood slide will add yet another twist.

Peace

MG

And poor Deb. She just can't fall in love with a guy without him getting killed or turning out to be a serial killer. She has no luck at all.

That is so true and funny in a weird way, but I love Deb she is my favorite character.

Like others I thought it could be a dream sequence too, look what Dallas has done to us all. There just seemed to be way too much revealed in the very first episode so obviously there are some twists and turns in store for us.

Just a personal observation but in previous seasons the suspense seemed to build throughout the season and this season started so dramatically I hope it doesn't disappoint me. Sometimes when series are winding down they can get a little weird.

Like MG mentioned LaGuerta adds another storyline, although I found her interest in that one piece of evidence a little strange I'll let it go so I can enjoy the show :)

Arrg make me stop reading this til I watch it!

Yeah I made sure to avoid this thread like the plague until I watched it lol

Hopefully it's not a dream! What a disappointment that would be. The series as been really good so far and to have it as a dream would be a total cop out! I would like to see Dexter pay for all he has done. Yes he is murdering "bad" people but he is still killing people!

Guest Ou**or**n

Definitely not a dream. The preview for next week made that pretty clear. However Dexter departed from the books long ago. On the other hand I wouldn't miss LaGuerta...

Yeah I made sure to avoid this thread like the plague until I watched it lol

me too.

I have debated whether or not to read the books. I don' think I will, I've seen every season of Dexter so I can't see the books being entertaining.

I'm not sure what OutForFun meant when he said I won't miss LaGuerta, I don't see why her character would leave the show, and if she did I would miss her, she's hot :).

i love this tv series. i tried to read to books but did not liked them. to much different from the series.

Guest Ou**or**n

I'm not sure what OutForFun meant when he said I won't miss LaGuerta, I don't see why her character would leave the show, and if she did I would miss her, she's hot :).

I was referring what would happen if the show followed the books. LaGuerta is killed off very early in the them (first one I believe).

me too.

I have debated whether or not to read the books. I don' think I will, I've seen every season of Dexter so I can't see the books being entertaining.

I wouldn't let that stop you from the reading the books. Aside from the first season, the show tells entirely different stories from the books. And both are equally entertaining IMO.

• Like 2

I'm ecstatic about the season premier! I was yelling at the TV for like an hour lol. OMG I can't believe it! Holy Hell, Or TELL HER DEXTER TELL HER!!

so Many twists and turns introduced that I can't wait to see play out.

Deb is sleuthing and having flashbacks and dreams. she knows deep down he's a killer and she's smart enough to trust her gut. I think he should sit her down and tell her starting from when he was a boy. But she may not believe her father could really be a part of it.

Laguerta finding that slide... she's gonna snoop. Especially after Masuka reminding her that the Bay Harbor Butcher kept slides as a trophy.

I also believe Masuka's little intern there is in a world of hurt when Dexter realizes he's been hacked. That little goof is F'n with the wrong guy man.

And speaking of Masuka :) I have to admit that little perv is one of my favorite characters. You can always look for him for comic relief :)

• Like 1

There's one thing that is really bugging me about the season premiere, though. There's just no way you can kill yourself like that with a sword. Masuka mentioned hari kari, but in that case samurai would stab themselves in the gut (where it's softer and you have a better angle). You cannot get a sword through your sternum. To do that he would have had to have fallen on his sword (if you've heard the term fall on your sword - that's what it means. It's suicide, not clumbsiness, lol). Lying down and impaling yourself --while on fire!!-- is just not going to work. But everyone bought it right away.

Those are the really sloppy things about Dexter that get on my nerves. I love a lot of the subtle things they do and I love the characters but I find that they ask us to suspend belief a little too much on things like how Dexter gets away with his kills.

• Like 1

There's one thing that is really bugging me about the season premiere, though. There's just no way you can kill yourself like that with a sword. Masuka mentioned hari kari, but in that case samurai would stab themselves in the gut (where it's softer and you have a better angle). You cannot get a sword through your sternum. To do that he would have had to have fallen on his sword (if you've heard the term fall on your sword - that's what it means. It's suicide, not clumbsiness, lol). Lying down and impaling yourself --while on fire!!-- is just not going to work. But everyone bought it right away.

Those are the really sloppy things about Dexter that get on my nerves. I love a lot of the subtle things they do and I love the characters but I find that they ask us to suspend belief a little too much on things like how Dexter gets away with his kills.

I agree the whole suicide thing was a stretch and very few questions were asked, normally there is a lot more back and forth with the characters about a murder/suicide scene. I did find a lot of things about the first episode pushed the boundaries of how much they expect us to overlook. At least they saved a little face, imo, when Deb came back at Dexter with the clothes he was wearing and some of the things he said at the crime scene.

I mentioned in a previous posts that some series go off the rails when the know the series is coming to an end, I hope Dexter doesn't push it any more than they did in the season opener.

yes definitely I know what you're saying with shows going off the rails in the end and I also hope they don't do this with Dexter.

Yes they did "overlook" or not investigate enough and just excepted the scenario that was fed to them. it's not the viewers they think are aren't paying attention but definitely the homicide squad could be better lol

Guest Ou**or**n

Well it certainly wasn't a dream. And to those who commented on the detective skills of his co-workers, well Deb summed it up "I'm the worst f--cking detective in the world".

However it was another awesome episode and it makes me almost forget the last two seasons of awfulness.

Guest *ig*a**

I was a little disappointed withj the last episode I found it boring as if Deb is going to save him, he's a killer. I think Deb better watch Dexter had no problem killing his blood brother The Icetruck Killer.

Even though I kept seeing this thread come up quite often, I have to admit I didn't read it; instead, I decided to watch the first few episodes of season 1, which turned into watching the full first season and I am hooked. Love the show!

Thank you for starting the thread, Serena :)

Additional Comments:

To avoid spoilers, which season are you discussing now?

Maybe when I'm caught up, I'll start commenting on it too!