Help...vegetarians who eat fish

My potential new sister in law is coming for a visit at thanksgiving but doesn't eat fowl. My brother said not to worry, she can just fill up on the veggies but I would love to cook a fish dish for her....gimme your WOW fish recipes. (Her faves are salmon and halibut but loves all fish)

This is a favourite of mine. Many recipes on the Internet. Search on "steam salmon black beans". Here's one:

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/3624/steamed-salmon-with-black-bean-sauce

Make sure to thoroughly rince the black beans as they are very salty. I don't cook the sauce in a wok; I coat the salmon filets with it and steam everything together in a Pyrex pie plate.

Enjoy!

Guest *ig*a**

Cedar plank Salmon on the bbq is a can't miss dish what you do is soak a cedar plank in water for 6 hours then when your ready prepare the plank by removing it from water wipe with paper towels then oil the plank put salmon if it has skin, skin side down season with salt and pepper then put fresh dill on it and then lemon slices on top. Preheat bbq to about 325 which is med high put salmon on close lid and cook for about 20 to 25 mins. If fish flakes its done. Enjoy.

I don't think you have to get too fancy when it comes to fish. Stuff it with butter, wrap in foil, and put on a pan in the oven with the turkey or after the turkey is out. It will just be a smaller piece. Fish to me is best when just natural.

I think it is nice that you are making an effort to provide something for her. I kind of get tired of that vegetarians can just 'load up' on veggies lol.

I don't think you have to get too fancy when it comes to fish. Stuff it with butter, wrap in foil, and put on a pan in the oven with the turkey or after the turkey is out. It will just be a smaller piece. Fish to me is best when just natural.

I think it is nice that you are making an effort to provide something for her. I kind of get tired of that vegetarians can just 'load up' on veggies lol.

I agree ... Fish is best prepared simply. Grilled, steamed, or pan-fried. I'm a huge fan of pan-fried cod. Just dredge it in some seasoned flour and fry in extra virgin olive oil.

Having said that ... Fish pie and fish stew can be simply awesome!