Hotel day rates

Hey there Cerbites, lately there have been a lot of SP's advertising outcalls only and I was hoping someone could tell me a few decent hotels here in the Peg that have day rates since I don't need a room for the whole 24 hours. any help is appreciated.

Cheers

I know I'm not from Winnipeg :-) but likely you'll find hotels by the airport would have day rates. Quite often travellers don't need a hotel for a complete day, but would like a room for a few hours to rest in between flights

RG

• Like 1

You might try The Hotel Fort Garry. I have stayed there several times in the past year for

for 8 and 12 hour day stop overs. I found it excellen:t the rate was $75.00 which is very good for Railway Hotel. If you think of booking let them know you would like the 8th or 9th floor very discrete and quite. Request a room with a street view ie: Broadway view or Garry Street view. You get a standard room which is very cozy and bright. I have been able to request the room from 11:00 - to 11:00 p.m. for a day rate of 8 hours, free coffee and tea delivered 24/7.

You may want to try it. I have had excellent results. Give it a try. And the character of the Place Is 5 STAR.

If you're adventurous, try booking room 202 at the Fort Garry. It is haunted. I stayed there one night last year. I specifically asked for this room.

If you're adventurous, try booking room 202 at the Fort Garry. It is haunted. I stayed there one night last year. I specifically asked for this room.

And what happened?

And what happened?

The only event was a copy of the hotel restaurant menu flying off the desk around 1:20 just before I went to bed. Rather disappointing.

I don't know your sercet, but how did you get a room at the Fork Garry for $75. It is more like $120 to 130 unless you can get some kind of corprent rate.

I asked for a day rate and the time is usually 8:00 to 4:00 for day rate.

so I requested if it was possible for 3:00 to 11:00 p.m. as my flight was

going at 10:10 and they were are to help me out. As long as you are out before 11:00 p.m. you should be able for a good rate.

also ask to talk to 1 of the front desk managers as they are more able to

look after your situation. The regular staff may not be able to give you this

service.

Cheers

I have stayed at the hotel fort garry. The day room rate for what the hotel room was worth was quite reasonable. also it's discreet for the guys because its so big and open in the lobby and there is a bar and restaurants etc.

another good day room is the delta downtown. it's 75 for the day. 11 am - 6pm and 10$ each hour afterwards, also ther is alot going on in the lobby. The marleborough is okay , not as upscale as the others . The rate is 50$ if you use a credit card.

I did not realize that you could get a day rate. I will have to enquire ahead of time to make sure when the time comes. I love the Fort Garry. Still have one of their old desks from the 80's when they remodeled. It weights a ton.