What was the last thing you purchased?

Just when to best buy and got an great price on a windows 10 tablet that was already on sale but I got one in an open box deal too. I bought it and dropped off to a wonderful 

Young lady here in town who has always treated me well built had her tablet stolen last week.   This one was not as good as her old one but will allow her to operate much easier then on a phone.

A small but powerful blender for my beautiful ATF, for her to make nutritious protein shakes and smoothies.

It was gratifying to see that she really liked it.

OMG! Lol. I got my eyebrows semi tattooed ( nano blading). I am someone who plucked their eyebrows in the 90s when it was in style. They never grew back. I would do my makeup nicely but something was missing... the eyebrows. Damn! I’m not used to having thicker eyebrows and they are dark right now but it’s all part of the process. They will fade within 30 days and resemble a color that is natural to the roots in my hair which is an ashy color. I thought I made a huge mistake. I swear it’s like Halloween today. Lol. I went to one of the top 5 technicians in the city and did my research but just not used to seeing my face this way. I want to cry but will be patient. And I also got cupped the other day to relieve tension in muscles which is amazing but I have red circles all over my back in addition to thick dark brown eyebrows. All for the greater good. 😂 

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
  • Like 2

Gassed up the truck

Then stopped at the cheese factory on the way home (actually from where I was returning from the very long roundabout way home LOL) and got a bag of fresh curd and mozzarella with jalapeno and red chillies (warning not for children)

My levels are good and I haven't had curd in a few weeks now.  Plus it's Friday 😁

RG

Today a few things.

First bought breakfast.  Weekly breakfast out today.  Only thing, since my Stroke I've cut out bacon and eggs completely (haven't had B&E) since Oct 17, 2017.  My weekly breakfast is a fresh fruit bowl, dry (I've cut out butter 100% too) brown toast, black coffee and a glass of water...I miss bacon and eggs 😢 LOL

Then topped up the truck with gas, prices down why not

And finally some groceries...I like my fresh fruits and veggies to be fresh

RG

• Like 1

A very good donair platter for $1.90 thanks to "Skip the Dishes"/STD(not sure who thought this was a good name).

The story behind the cheap meal is that a week ago I ordered from a Chinese restaurant. I normally use "Menu Ottawa" or "Just Eat". But the latter was recently replaced by STD(yes , I'm sticking with it) and with the change came a $7.00 rebate on the first order. So I placed an order to a restaurant I previously ordered from, but the restaurant never responded. It took nearly half an hour before the order was cancelled and my credit card refunded. Was told by STD support it was a communication problem. I then ordered again from a different restaurant and the same thing happened again. It took again over 30 min to cancel. Frustrated, I used Menu Ottawa and ordered from the restaurant with the "communication problem". They confirmed in less than 30 seconds and delivered in less than 30 min. I then communicated with STD support and told them their website/app was BS and they gave me a $12.00 credit. And that's what I used today and picked up the order myself.

Lesson of the day: If something is called STD, SKIP IT!(pun intended). 

Was a free(almost) meal, but the website still sucks. LOL

Smart Home equipment... bulbs, plugs, switches, thermostats...

Will soon have most things setup to be able to voice control most things in house.

• Like 1

Decided to take a mini road trip (about 40 minutes one way) to go to the cheese factory

Bought Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese with Salsa, Mozzarella with Jalapeno and Red Chillies (must be of legal age to eat, yes that hot....but good)                                                                                              and Mozzarella with Onion and a Bag of fresh curd

Keeping My New Years resolution. Tonight fresh curd for dinner, then over the weekend nibble on the Mozzarella with Onion (along with fresh veggies) and Sunday and Monday nachos for dinner (guess using what cheese)

As of Jan 1st no cheese for 4 months 

So this was my last purchase, this was my last cheese purchase of 2018 and my last cheese till             April 2019.  Pretty good for a cheese-a-holic LOL

RG 

Breakfast out...my bacon and eggs is now fruit bowl and dry brown toast plus black coffee. Haven't had bacon and eggs since Oct 17 2017, small price to pay in post Stroke recovery and health though

Then stopped at the cheese factory, got a bag of curd and some 5 year old (makes extra old seem mild) cheddar.  The ten year old won't be out for a couple years

Stopped and filled up the truck....96 cents

Bought groceries

Bought a cheapie DVD player, my old one finally bit the dust

RG

• Like 1

Bought an automatic divers watch, Orient makes fairly good quality watches at very reasonable prices. This brand is under the same corporation as Seiko.

20 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Bought an automatic divers watch, Orient makes fairly good quality watches at very reasonable prices. This brand is under the same corporation as Seiko.

Good choice. I don't own an Orient watch, but own two Seiko's. A SKX007 diver and the classy SARB033 that rival Swiss watches. I once considered Orient, but went with Seiko after finding an online store selling JDM automatic watches.

Hope you'll enjoy it for a long time.

1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

Good choice. I don't own an Orient watch, but own two Seiko's. A SKX007 diver and the classy SARB033 that rival Swiss watches. I once considered Orient, but went with Seiko after finding an online store selling JDM automatic watches.

Hope you'll enjoy it for a long time.

I do have a Seiko SARB 065, a very pretty cocktail time, and it's a JDL. I got it through Island Watch, and I see he'll sell modified Seikos to your specs, new crystal, hands, and bracelet. Only problem is it's in US currency.

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I do have a Seiko SARB 065, a very pretty cocktail time, and it's a JDL. I got it through Island Watch, and I see he'll sell modified Seikos to your specs, new crystal, hands, and bracelet.

The Cocktail is a nice watch, but a bit expensive. I bought the SARB033 from Japan three years ago when still available for $300(U.S.). For a watch with the 6R15 movement and sapphire crystal, it was an unbeatable deal. Last year, the value of that watch more than tripled before it was discontinued. Happy I purchased it when I did.

First my prescription.  

Then bought gas...86.9 litre

Finally stopped at the grocery store, two important things needed....6 pack no alcohol beer and K Cups of Starbucks Sumatra coffee for my Keurig

RG 

• Like 1

Booked a hotel room for a get together with a new FWB that I have been chatting with for about 6mts and built up lots of sexual anticipation

• Like 1

A new simple nylon trifold wallet. It was cheap with "RFID protection". but I call BS on that. I use an RFID card to access the apartment building, parking and other amenities where I live. With my old wallet, the sensor would read the card through it and imagined the new one wouldn't allow it. But it does. It works for me as I didn't care about the protection in the first place. But for buyers hoping for actual RFID protection, they better consider something less cheap or good old thin foil. 😉

Amazing sale at La Senza right now...really nice bras for $28 and buy 2 panties get another 2 for free. I had some extra cash after paying bills so bought about 5 sets. Valentine’s Day is around the corner so I got some really nice black and red lace sets.

3EE5B840-A326-46BF-9C45-A448DC2B064C.png

A couple things today actually

Windshield washer fluid

PSA (prostate specific antigen) test (not covered by OHIP)

One of my prescriptions

Groceries, including of course a 6 pack Becks no alcohol beer

RG

Nothing exciting, some groceries....including another 6 pack Becks beer and a box of Keurig  Starbucks Sumatra coffee K Cups

No haven't run out of coffee or beer, just seemed the thing to do, stock up 🙂

RG

3 orange Powerades, a bag of lays classic chips, a bag of Swedish berries, milk, bread, butter, 4 crunchie chocolate bars and 4 crispy crunches 

Edited by Rylee Love 069
Forgot a comma