What was the last thing you purchased?

I just got a new OnePlus6T phone, couldn't get one locally so had to order it online. Shipping was free, it was sent from California and arrived the next day. It's a Chinese brand ( they are really building some great phones these days ) with great specs and I'm really impressed with it. One positive is that it supports dual sims, so when I travel I only need to carry one phone.

Recently purchased a new automatic Seiko dive watch. I normally stay away from "special Editions" branded products. But this one offers a lot without being more expensive than the normal models. Special two tone textured dial, sapphire crystal , precise mechanical automatic movement and screw down crown to survive real life 200m diving. Diving watches are a bit anachronistic due to the fact real divers will use diving computers, but the style and ruggedness remains. The design is pure Seiko and doesn't try to clone Rolex and Omega. I'm really happy with it.  

Picked up my prescription from the pharmacy

Fill up the truck with gas 

Bought some groceries...most importantly six pack Becks no alcohol beer

RG

Filled up the truck before the damned carbon tax comes into effect tomorrow.  

Province got rid of e testing vehicles, now the feds stick it to us with a carbon tax.  Wonder if the environment has really been helped by all these additional costs put on drivers or it's just some round about way of gouging us

Grumble over

RG

2 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Filled up the truck before the damned carbon tax comes into effect tomorrow.  

Province got rid of e testing vehicles, now the feds stick it to us with a carbon tax.  Wonder if the environment has really been helped by all these additional costs put on drivers or it's just some round about way of gouging us

Grumble over

RG

The conservatives i.e. Ford and co are great about bitching about doing something for the environment, but don't seem able or willing to come up with an alternative solution. The majority of people will be getting back most or all of their carbon tax contribution.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Boomer said:

The conservatives i.e. Ford and co are great about bitching about doing something for the environment, but don't seem able or willing to come up with an alternative solution. The majority of people will be getting back most or all of their carbon tax contribution.

I'm not trying to start an argument but why charge the population a carbon tax and then give it back after?  I'll be honest I have no use for the Liberal party, specially with that clown that is running it.

On 3/29/2019 at 12:07 PM, roamingguy said:

Costly day today...got my stickers for my plates.  Have they gone up in price???...$120!!!!! Yikes

RG

Are you able to pay for two years renewal on the spot? With the price increases as often as they are, wouldn’t you save a fair bit little in the long run? Just don’t get into major accidents and crumple those plates beyond recognition. 

10 minutes ago, Hukupp said:

Are you able to pay for two years renewal on the spot? With the price increases as often as they are, wouldn’t you save a fair bit little in the long run? Just don’t get into major accidents and crumple those plates beyond recognition. 

No I just checked, if I did it for two years it would cost $240.00  No savings

https://www.ontario.ca/page/renew-licence-plate-sticker

RG

Hunh? Exactly, you get it for 120 each year. Let’s say you only pay one year now and it goes to 130 next year when you decide to pay one year at a time?

It will be more than $130 next year..... Doug Ford is planning to raise it due to all the ruckus over BUCK-A-BEER. 

btw that's the new license plate slogan.

• Like 2

I bought a new vacuum cleaner last night.  I am shocked how much more it picks up than my last vacuum.  I only vacuumed the house a week ago and yet with the new one yesterday, I had to empty the container 4 times!  

• Like 1

A light lunch at Tim Horton. But it's not about what I bought, but more the experience.

Was early evening and the person who served me was clearly new to the job. Very nervous and took forever to prepare a coffee and the rest of the order. The total was under $10 and paid with a fifty. He gave back three twenty bills.

Not the first time I seen mistakes like this and how I respond to it will depend on the person and situation. As this person never should have been allowed behind a cash register and even less handling food and warm beverage, I simply folded the money in my pocket.

Hopefully lessons will be learned and like McDonalds do, newbies shouldn't be allowed to handle fifty dollar bills.

2 hours ago, Greenteal said:

I simply folded the money in my pocket.

Hopefully lessons will be learned .

You ensured the lesson was lost. Hope gets you two things. Hope and older. Go return the ten bucks and change, you could feel better and not need to post here. Oh wait. Do you know the difference between a canoe and a canuck? Canoes tip.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Greenteal said:

A light lunch at Tim Horton. But it's not about what I bought, but more the experience.

Was early evening and the person who served me was clearly new to the job. Very nervous and took forever to prepare a coffee and the rest of the order. The total was under $10 and paid with a fifty. He gave back three twenty bills.

Not the first time I seen mistakes like this and how I respond to it will depend on the person and situation. As this person never should have been allowed behind a cash register and even less handling food and warm beverage, I simply folded the money in my pocket.

Hopefully lessons will be learned and like McDonalds do, newbies shouldn't be allowed to handle fifty dollar bills.

I don't know what age the man was but I noticed that today's millenniums can't count to save their lives.

• Like 1

A new and bigger sump pump because the existing pump was not able to handle the volume of rain last night and the basement flooded.

Was at Home Depot at 6am along with 4 other guys in the same situation.

Expense and time to clean up has once again put hobbying on hold.

• Like 1

A few things today.....

Filled up the truck...being on the road so much lately tank waaayyyy below 1/2 full 

Treated myself to a Timmies dark roast coffee and fruit explosion muffin

Then grocery shopping...needed a few things especially the most important item, a six pack Becks no alcohol beer

And with the past few weeks being what they were, decided for a treat. So a drive to the cheese factory got some fresh curd, and got some salsa cheese, mozzarella with jalapenos and red chillies (not for children 😈) (I see nachos in my future LOL) , mozzarella with onions (for a nibbler) and cheddar (pleasant surprise, they have 7 year old cheddar back on the shelf)

And thats it

RG