What was the last thing you purchased?

Bought a Keurig K-Elite coffee maker.  My last (good) Keurig bit the dust a few years back and I was too lazy to make the drive to the city to replace it so I bought the only one for sale in smalltown Ontario, a K Mini.  Decided to upgrade and got a K-Elite today...enjoying my first coffee out of it right now

RG

• Like 1

Made the last payment on my box spring today...next Thursday it gets delivered.  Would have it this week but I've got to go out of town for a post op exam by the ophthalmologist 

RG

WOW RG! not only can you spell Ophthalmologist (most can't - in fact many can't spell hobbyist....) but at least you'll be able to see the box spring when it arrives! Back in the day 'box' was a slang word for..... oh hell I don't even want to think about it....

Keep your eyes on the prize!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, waterat said:

WOW RG! not only can you spell Ophthalmologist (most can't - in fact many can't spell hobbyist....) but at least you'll be able to see the box spring when it arrives! Back in the day 'box' was a slang word for..... oh hell I don't even want to think about it....

Keep your eyes on the prize!

Truth be told the spell check corrected my spelling of ophthalmologist (yes really) 

As for the slang word I agree lets not think about it

And the prize my eyes wide open🤪

RG

Spending today....

Went to pick out my new prescription eyeglass frames...paid in full, two weeks I got new glasses

Then to Canadian Tire to get a adjustable wrench and screwdriver set to carry in the truck...got one in the apartment, instead of moving them back and forth got a set for the truck too

Gassed Up

And thats it...for now

RG

Wallet hit hard today LOL

Bought a pair of hiking boots...the old ones starting to look a little rough around the edges now

Couple tshirts

A pair of lounge pants 

Couple pair of socks

Big purchase...decided to buy a pair of prescription sunglasses. Ordered and bought a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses.  Was thinking of Oakleys but in prescription they would be $$$$$ The MJ's while not cheap are about $$$ Should be in, in about two weeks.

RG😎

Time for an oil change so this morning truck went in got the oil changed...good thing too since I got an upcoming trip to Toronto to see a lady

Speaking of which I stopped at the LCBO to pick up a bottle of wine for the date too

A rambling while my heart's pounding in excitement over seeing this lady again

RG

UnderstatedMelodicFlatcoatretriever-size_restricted.gif

Me Again LOL

And a Day Late...but my purchases required a bit of a road trip, so I was up early and once home I had a bit of my nap

First was picking up my prescription.                                                                        Then I went to the optician to pick up my prescription glasses...and as a bonus my Maui Jim prescription sunglasses were in (so I had to pay for them) They weren't expected for another week        

Then got my fishing licence...hopefully going out this week                                    Gassed up the truck...that hurt LOL                                                                           And last but not least...groceries, I like my fresh fruits and vegtables fresh

A day late rambling

RG                                               

• Like 1

Went to the pharmacy today to pick up my meds (a few...yes I'm sick LOL) Came out about $50.00 lighter but a BIG bag of drugs in hand.  I'm glad my health insurance (no I don't mean OHIP) covers most of my drug costs

My bedside table looks like a pharmacy

RG

• Like 1

Paid for parking at alternative site from college campus because I wanted to save $300.

• Like 1

Gassed up the truck.  Slowly getting ready for a road trip to Halifax (no not for fun, more family obligations...no time, and I've looked at my calendar) for a fun escape while there😭

Would have been far cheaper to fly, but I've been voluntold to pick up a china cabinet (brother's inheritance from dad) and at times like this everyone (but me) is glad I have a pickup truck LOL

Saturday morning I hit the road

RG🚚

2 hours ago, roamingguy said:

Gassed up the truck.  Slowly getting ready for a road trip to Halifax (no not for fun, more family obligations...no time, and I've looked at my calendar) for a fun escape while there😭

Would have been far cheaper to fly, but I've been voluntold to pick up a china cabinet (brother's inheritance from dad) and at times like this everyone (but me) is glad I have a pickup truck LOL

Saturday morning I hit the road

RG🚚

I hope you have a good trip RG, it's a long ride in a truck by yourself to Halifax, watch you damage that cabinet.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, NotchJohnson said:

I hope you have a good trip RG, it's a long ride in a truck by yourself to Halifax, watch you damage that cabinet.

I survived (barely LOL) the trip...and the china cabinet (an antique so I'm told) survived too. A big curved glass door and mirror unbroken.  I charged so much less (like nothing) and gave a better guarantee than movers who charged $$$ and no guarantees the glass wouldn't break

And in two weeks I hit the road again, to Toronto. And today (don't really like calling it a purchase) the lady received payment for the date (reason for going to Toronto) In two weeks I'll be like this guy...well sort of🤪

A rambling

RG

giphydraperthreesome.gif

• Like 1

Some "Febreze". I live in a nice clean apartment. But sometimes culinary disasters or else from other tenants creates strong smells travelling hallways and range hood vents and stays for days. A short spray makes a hell of difference without making the place smell like a cheap motel.

This thing works. Thank you.

Picked up a bottle of wine today, for a very special Date next Friday (a week away now) and I'm already tripping and stumbling over in excited nervousness in anticipation of seeing these two Great ladies...together!!!:classic_rolleyes:

RG

Here-what-happens-when-Don-Draper-loses-control.gif

Road trips to Toronto and back cost a bit, gas wise that is.  Gassed up the truck today, refilling what was used on the trip.

Was it worth it, every single cent...memories (not the gas) for a lifetime :classic_rolleyes:

RG

• Like 1

Breakfast out

Then stopped off at the cheese factory got a  fresh bag of curd for dinner😋

Then mustered up the courage to be prepared, and bought a jug of winter windshield washer fluid  It's behind the seat in my truck till needed...I know real cooler temps and winter is still off a ways but I'd rather be prepared than not prepared at all

RG

Took a drive to the city (not a so big city, but closest one to me LOL) and bought a couple shirts at Marks Work Wearhouse. Then back home, stopped at the grocery store, picked up a roast and some veggies, either tomorrow or Wednesday I'm doing a Crock Pot pot roast...first pot roast I've ever done. Sadly no potatos though, doing this keto diet😥But there is a keto friendly slow cooker recipe for pot roast😋 

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

Picked up my prescription

Then filled up the truck with gas

Finally got some groceries (I like my fresh fruits and veggies fresh)

A rambling

RG