What was the last thing you purchased?

Paid for my breakfast out

Then bought some windshield washer fluid (not out yet but better to carry extra)

Then stopped at the grocery store...getting final items for a pork roast I'm doing in the slow cooker tomorrow...if I got them yesterday they'd wouldn't be good tomorrow

RG

I picked up a new sewing machine. Well, not new. It was made in the 70's. It's a Kenmore! Made in Japan, no electronics, all metal gears and parts, easily convertible to a free arm, case is in perfect condition, $50. This will be great for sewing leather (part of my new hobby). I just need to take it apart and pack it with fresh grease. LET'S GET GREASY!

• Haha 1

Nothing fun, more like routine

Paid credit cards

Then a bit of a road trip (no not fun) to Peterborough to pick up (amongst other things) my prescription (one of them)

On the return home gassed up...ouch...only beneficiary was my Air Miles card LOL

And stocked up on groceries...including especially Keurig K Cup French Roast coffee and Becks 0% alcohol beer...ok two good purchases (I like and need my coffee and beer🍺)

RG

• Like 1

Don't know if it counts as a purchase but I made hotel reservations for my birthday.  After ten years of seeing companions I'm finally going to have a Birthday Date :classic_smile:

So now everyone knows why I'm happy about turning older

A Rambling

RG

• Like 2

Again another trip to Peterborough but alas not for fun...amongst other things (getting enrolled with my new doctor) I picked up my prescriptions.                     Then once back home picked up a few groceries.                                                  Now that I'm home a psychotic little kitten that I rescued is harassing me...no one says who rescues me from her LOL

RG

• Like 1

Thought I'd beat the line up in more ways than one

Got to the local Service Ontario and renewed my Driver's Licence, Plate Permit, and also my Health Card (yes I know Health Card is free)  Isn't due to be renewed till April, but got it done today.

And arrived shortly after the office opened...only two people ahead of me (one advantage of a small town, Service Ontario offices don't have big line ups just a steady stream of customers...even a big line up here is nothing compared to the ones in the bigger cities)...not to mention a personal friendly touch too

Anyhow cost $210.00

A Rambling

RG

• Like 1

A productive Friday today.  I've already got and paid in advance for a birthday date with a special lady.  And getting to see her again just makes me just look forward to getting older.                         But today I bought myself my birthday present, a new tv (the old one was giving up the ghost)  I bought a LG 49UM6900 television and a LG UBK80 Blu Ray player (I have an old piece of junk dvd     player.  Tomorrow afternoon the tv gets delivered and hooked up...Big Question what movie do I watch first?

What the tv looks like 

A early happy birthday rambling LOL

RG

LG1.jpg

• Like 1

Got the tv, it's installed and OMG the picture...it's night and day compared to my old Samsung.  Watching DVD James Bond "From Russia With Love" a 1963 movie...the colours are just vivid on this tv (and blu ray player)

Funny thing is how prices came down, I paid close to $1000 for the Samsung 35" back in 2011-2012 (can't remember exactly when) this 49" LG cost $469.00

Oh and I checked Netflix The Big Lebowski isn't on there 😞 but I'll keep my eyes open for it to watch in the future...Thanks for the suggestion🙂

A Happy Rambling From Someone Enjoying His Early Birthday Present

RG

• Like 1

Actually should have posted yesterday that's when I made the purchases.

Gassed Up The Truck

Coffee and (no alcohol) Beer...the two daily essentials of life🍺

Then logged on Amazon bought a new wallet (my old one is falling apart) and a couple DVD's for my new tv (John Wick 3, The Clint Eastwood Collection-The Good, The Bad The Ugly, For A Few Dollars More and Fistful Of Dollars)

And thats it

RG

• Like 1

Took a little drive today, went to the cheese factory, bought a bag of curd and couple blocks of cheese (10 year old cheddar, salsa cheese, and jalapeno and red chilli cheese😈...the jalapeno and red chilli cheese eat at your own risk very hot LOL...but it's yummy

RG  

• Like 1

Picked up some groceries...mostly tinned food, frozen food, kitten food and the essentials, coffee and (no alcohol) beer.  I could stick it out for two+ weeks if sh*t happens

Then picked up another prescription...my bedside table looks like a pharmacy LOL

And truck gassed up...so if I'm quarantined I'll be gassed up with nowhere to go LOL

RG 

• Like 2

Got up bright and early today to go out grocery shopping.  Got misc. groceries especially the essentials....coffee and beer. And the shelves have been bare of toilet paper the past few times I've been out so today got some TP...now I've got plenty :classic_biggrin: 

Only part I greet with mixed feelings...senior's hours (when no one else shops) is 7-8am, the one store defines a senior as 55 or older, I'm almost 59, I don't want to be a senior yet LOL

I'll still go out 8am or later, 7 is too early

RG

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, roamingguy said:

Only part I greet with mixed feelings...senior's hours (when no one else shops) is 7-8am, the one store defines a senior as 55 or older, I'm almost 59, I don't want to be a senior yet LOL

I'll still go out 8am or later, 7 is too early

RG

The "Senior hours" thing is mostly a Walmart thing. Loblaws and most others work under reduced hours everyone.

As for essentials like TP and soap, I had some luck in rural stores. Sometimes a 15 to 20 min drive can make a large difference. Also, I noticed frozen fries have completely disappeared from many store freezers. Never expected it to become a hot commodity while frozen pasta and coffee are still available.

13 minutes ago, Greenteal said:

The "Senior hours" thing is mostly a Walmart thing. Loblaws and most others work under reduced hours everyone.

As for essentials like TP and soap, I had some luck in rural stores. Sometimes a 15 to 20 min drive can make a large difference. Also, I noticed frozen fries have completely disappeared from many store freezers. Never expected it to become a hot commodity while frozen pasta and coffee are still available.

Smalltown Ontario has them...Sobeys has it from 7-8am but no age posted, but Rexall Pharmacy has it 55 and over, from 7-8am. Don't know about No Frills, didn't go there.  Most frozen fruit is gone too except frozen mangos and strawberries. I topped up on frozen fruit too.  All those cars in town must be outsiders taking that 15-20 minute drive to my rural...well small town LOL.  Actually I was the only truck parked on the street (strange) when I went out, and parking lot pretty bare too

RG 

• Like 1

Actually did this yesterday but made my truck payment, and paid my Cogeco and Rogers bill so guess it's the last things I bought 

RG

• Like 1

3 dozen donuts from Tim's and then drove to my local police, ambulance and fire departments to say thanks.

• Thanks 2

Jailer was kind to me today, I got out of the hole (aka social isolation LOL) for some "yard" aka my weekly grocery shopping trip.  Decided while out to purchase some gas for the truck. 

Once home and locked up back in the "hole" LOL I purchased (on line) my Outdoors Card and Fishing Licence

RG

• Like 1

Bought a battery operated lawn mower on line with free delivery.  Lawn ready for a cut so I hope it arrives soon.

• Like 3

Went onto Amazon and bought an electric guitar cord and a playing guitar book.  I used to play but it's been many years since I last did.  Have always said to myself that when I have more time I will take it up again.  Well, it seems I have more time now.  😊

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 4