What was the last thing you purchased?

Guess it counts as a purchase. 

Made a donation to Maggie's COVID-19 SW Fund

Wasn't a lot, what I could afford but if people pitch in to these funds, be it Maggie's in Toronto or a similar such SW organization in another city it could help in these strange unprecedented times

RG

• Like 2

Well my weekly routine (I like having a routine) is disrupted.  I need to go back to the lab on Monday to get one of my blood levels rechecked😲 (they said nothing to worry about LOL) so that means another road trip to Peterborough to get needled LOL.  But normally Mondays are grocery shopping day.  So I bumped my grocery shopping to today.  While out went to the pharmacy to get Extra Strength Tylenol.

So last thing purchased today was groceries and Tylenol

A rambling about a disruption in my routine LOL

RG

• Like 1

Guest lydiahardwood

A takeout for my Mum who is stuck alone at her home in isolation. On weekends me, my mum and my sister normally get together and have one over a movie, but this time we did it via Facetime :classic_cool:

We're determined not to let COVID spoil this tradition!

As a sign the market is starting to catch up with demand, I was finally able to order some simple(not medical/industrial grade) face masks and some disposable gloves.

I own a facemask with interchangeable filters, but replacement are really expensive and non-washable compared to simple models. As for gloves, I choose the clear plastic food handling models as much easier to put on. A box of 100 for under $20. Quite reasonable compared to a few weeks ago.

This seems the most appropriate forum to post this, although I don't consider it a purchase per se.  But I sent the second payment to a lady for a date via etransfer this morning.  By the end of the month she will be paid in full for a date we're going to have once the covid restrictions are lifted and it's safe to meet.

Not only does paying a lady in full in advance get the business side of a date out of the way, during these strange unprecedented times gives a lady income which she may find helpful.

RG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

Not only does paying a lady in full in advance get the business side of a date out of the way, during these strange unprecedented times gives a lady income which she may find helpful.

RG

Totaly agree. Done the same. While it's possible there may be a long period of anticipation I'll plan to enjoy that too!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, waterat said:

Totaly agree. Done the same. While it's possible there may be a long period of anticipation I'll plan to enjoy that too!

The anticipation is helping me during the covid crisis.  Right now there are three ladies I am going to see once the crisis ends (or restrictions safely lifted).  Two are paid in full and one almost paid in full as of this morning.  I'm trying to let this time work for me, by booking/paying ladies for dates...after all I'm not spending like I used too (as long as I stay off Amazon LOL)

RG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roamingguy said:

(as long as I stay off Amazon LOL)

I agree, I try to stick to essentials for the time being. My Nespresso machine finally died on me and I won't buy another capsule based machine for a while as I never owned one that lasted over two years. I owned a few Tassimo's and after a while had problems with the barcode reader and eventually started leaking. And the last one clogged, but I was able to clean it enough to finish the remaining capsules. Now using a cheap conventional Black&Decker coffee machine. Didn't like it at first. But like with many women, the dirtier it gets, the better it becomes.😁

How did my post about paying for a upcoming date in advance segue into coffee machines and coffee???...🤔😂🤔

RG🙂

28 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

How did my post about paying for a upcoming date in advance segue into coffee machines and coffee???...🤔😂🤔

RG🙂

Was not intentional. My point was simply that you don't need to pay a lot to get decent coffee. As far as I'm concerned, was a $20 well spent.😉

1 hour ago, Greenteal said:

Was not intentional. My point was simply that you don't need to pay a lot to get decent coffee. As far as I'm concerned, was a $20 well spent.😉

Don't worry my post was done tongue in cheek for a laugh...ok probably more a groan "there's RG trying to be humorous again" LOL😂

RG 

Jeez seems I'm hogging this forum.  Yesterday afternoon after paying the second installment for a date we're going to have after all these restrictions lifted and it's safe to meet in person I perused (again😊😉😊) this lady's website.  And noticed she offers virtual (aka online) services.  So after reading and thinking about it, I sent an etransfer for some virtual services.

Exactly what I'll get will be a surprise, but I am eagerly awaiting it. And what each person would get would be unique too depending on what specifically they ordered

More to follow (I'm very sure but that's because I'm a positive thinker) but it will be in the Online Services Recommendation forum

A Rambling

RG 

• Like 1

Guest ModCat

I bought two notebooks, some pens, post-it notes and a ruler, Have been studying through this myself and wanted to be more organized. 

Tomorrow will be writing up all my notes neat!

A shirt and tie online, because I'm working from home and nobody will see me below the waist so why spend money on pants?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, NotchJohnson said:

A shirt and tie online, because I'm working from home and nobody will see me below the waist so why spend money on pants?

Should have just bought a tshirt...saved money on shirt and tie plus it looks like you wear a

jacket too😂

RG

Tuxedo-Necktie-Men-s-T-Shirt-Comfortable-Short-Sleeve-Round-Neck-T-Shirt-Promotion-Print-T.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, roamingguy said:

Should have just bought a tshirt...saved money on shirt and tie plus it looks like you wear a

jacket too😂

RG

Tuxedo-Necktie-Men-s-T-Shirt-Comfortable-Short-Sleeve-Round-Neck-T-Shirt-Promotion-Print-T.jpg

or this....

il_794xN.1149785476_6ye1.jpg

I'd get the second one except on me people would scratch their heads seeing it over a beer (ok lottsa beer) belly LOL

RG

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, roamingguy said:

I'd get the second one except on me people would scratch their heads seeing it over a beer (ok lottsa beer) belly LOL

RG

Try this one instead...

81L9B2ZUkoL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Done some groceries this morning now the PC point website is running again after a few days on the fritz. Not the greatest point system, but better than nothing.

Looks like the stores are starting to catch up with demand as the TP,  frozen ailes and meat counters are no longer near empty. And with some gradually going back to work, it felt more normal. 

On the topic of meat, I've been making a lot of pasta in the past weeks and used "No Name" hamburger patties for meat and it's by far the cheapest I ever seen. At less than a dollar per patty one expect some filler and grease, but this must be close to 50% water as minutes after throwing one or two in a dry pan, the meat is literally flooded under it's own juices.

Not bad when mixed with tomato and cheese sauces, but not sure I would use those for actual burgers. 

Couple purchases over the past few days actually 

Today I bought groceries including the two most important staples...coffee and no alcohol beer

The other day I paid my internet and cell phone bills

RG

Guest lydiahardwood

I just bought these stickers for my laptop! Wonder if it screams "I'm a feminist" enough? 😛 I just need to find some SW positive ones now. Feel free to send suggestions my way!

67315109_WhatsAppImage2020-05-15at12_46_58.thumb.jpeg.1dcd63933066dca9ab4a312e74820523.jpeg