Good post Gabriella. I use this all the time after a client showed me how simple it is. I push my clients all the time now to use this method as its super secure, simple and importantly, way cheaper in terms of fees than are wire transfers or PayPal (must be with a Canadian bank though).

• Like 1

But it is not optimal for hobbiests who may have a joint account. The transaction shows up on the bank statement, and some of our payees have e-mail names that will stand out like a red flag.

• Like 1

It is very easy to obtain an email address these days so if your preferred method of payment (and or deposit) is via email transaction, I am sure the lady in question could easily create an email account that would suit your needs. But then again, if bank statements are closely scrutinized then this isn't your optimal option.

Also, be reminded that no personal info (ie account numbers, name, address etc) is transmitted when making an email transfer from an email account that does not bear that information.

• Like 1

... once I get to know the lady, I prefer e-mail money transfers

... to canuck------'s point ... I once had CIBC freeze my bank account and start to reclaim the money from the lady's account because of her e-mail name ... I had to call CIBC's fraud line to get that sorted out and the solution was for her to use more ordinary sounding name for my e-mail transfers after that

... and I always use a separate account at another bank from where I do my regular banking for these transfers

But it is not optimal for hobbiests who may have a joint account. The transaction shows up on the bank statement, and some of our payees have e-mail names that will stand out like a red flag.
  • Like 1

It is very easy to obtain an email address these days so if your preferred method of payment (and or deposit) is via email transaction, I am sure the lady in question could easily create an email account that would suit your needs.

For discretion purposes, the email I use to receive e-transfers is a professional email address that has nothing to do with "Gabriella Laurence" or this lifestyle. No red flags anywhere.

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
spelling
  • Like 2

EMail money transfers simplify things when otherwise you would have to carry a large sum of money to the encounter. Not only do I not like carrying big wads of money, the lady probably prefers not having to carry a large sum too.

As for trust, well trust isn't an issue for me with the ladies I see, so I can pay in advance if preferred by a lady

RG

• Like 2

Something that I have noticed just recently (not optimal for the industry after I read over their legal terms) is this https://squareup.com/ca?country_code=ca. I have other entrepreneurial interests and been looking for ways to accepts various forms of payments (only 2.75% per transaction or 250/month for an account). Just thought I would share seeing that Paypal was previously mentioned. Overall, generally all forms of payment have their own disadvantages/advantages.

I have recently gone to this method and works awesome. I would do it every time now if I could. I pay in advance, sometimes loooong in advance to be honest ;) Works slick as peanut butter on a hot bagel !

The key for me is to have a non web (google) trackable email transfer address . As did Baileydog...about a year ago I was contacted by my bank questioning whether a transfer was legit.

Just a note that I was sending an email money transfer from RBC last week and it didn't even go through. I had even done it twice and there wasn't any errors in the email address or anything and it still didn't get there. With these things, it can take hours.

One time a client tried to do this for a multiple hour appt and I had to make sure it went through first. It took a half hour. Not good if the receiver needs it quickly.

Something that I have noticed just recently (not optimal for the industry after I read over their legal terms) is this https://squareup.com/ca?country_code=ca. I have other entrepreneurial interests and been looking for ways to accepts various forms of payments (only 2.75% per transaction or 250/month for an account). Just thought I would share seeing that Paypal was previously mentioned. Overall, generally all forms of payment have their own disadvantages/advantages.

I use Square myself and love it. I was going to recommend Square earlier, but after reading the T&C, realized it was a no go unless someone wanted to be creative with their job description. Kinda sucks, I like paying with my CC. I've used my points to travel a fair bit.

Additional Comments:

Just a note that I was sending an email money transfer from RBC last week and it didn't even go through. I had even done it twice and there wasn't any errors in the email address or anything and it still didn't get there. With these things, it can take hours.

One time a client tried to do this for a multiple hour appt and I had to make sure it went through first. It took a half hour. Not good if the receiver needs it quickly.

Money transfers aren't 100% effective. I sent a friend a money transfer before heading off for vacation. I even got the email indicating that the transfer was active, my account showed me that the funds were locked for 30 days, but every time she tried to accept the funds it gave her an error message. Poor girl had to wait till I came back. I'd only use EMTs if there were a few days between paying and the appointment.

Email transfers are a great tool which I use for a variety uses. I am quite surprised to see that you might have been contacted by the bank to question the validity of the transactions based on the email address ( they have no business questioning your reason for this transaction ) since a secret question and answer is used to verify and complete the transaction. If you are contacting you I can only assume that they suspect that someone has gained access to your bank account, which means you have surrendered your password.