At least the Strip Club List message board for Ottawa has a posting stating that the development may be for a library a block south of Barbs. That would put it between Albert and Slater, but this may be a separate development.

Guest S****an

Would indeed be a sad day if/when Barb's moves. Among other things, the location is great. Although I tend to frequent the Fax more, it's not exactly the most discreet location. Barb's is great for a quick lunch buffet without too much chance of bumping into the SO on a market shopping expedition lol.

Though not to hijack the thread, can't believe the venom spewed on SCL. Amen for CERB.

At least the Strip Club List message board for Ottawa has a posting stating that the development may be for a library a block south of Barbs. That would put it between Albert and Slater, but this may be a separate development.

Yes, this is a separate development that has nothing to do with the Library project. It was just a matter of time that this prime piece of real estate would be aquired for office/condo development. And if this current proposal falls through, there will be another, and another until it actually happens.

But for now Barb's is still here, so i will continue to enjoy this great establishment until the day finally comes.

But for now Barb's is still here, so i will continue to enjoy this great establishment until the day finally comes.

Not to mention one of Ottawa's funkier "Ontario beverage room" style pubs, the Glue Pot right next door upstairs. (Part of the Grads, Maple Leaf, Lafayette, etc. tradition that now only the Prescott and a few joints like the Glue Pot still more or less maintain.)

I just noticed a posting on the always credible :? stripclublist site that Barbs, the GluePot, etc. are in the the building that held the original Coca-Cola bottling factory in Ontario and it is a "heritage building." Does that mean anything? Its not like I ever saw a "this is a historical site" sign or anything like that.

Maybe we ought to send a search team from cerb to investigate and look for that sign in Barbs. I'm pretty sure its back in the dancers' locker room. :>) We just need to bring flashlights and big magnifying glasses ... I'm sure they'll understand.

Guest S****an

A Cerb heritage investigation team -I'm definitely in! :grin:

It would be too funny if the Barb's couldn't be torn down because of heritage status. But if the heritage angle doesn't work maybe we can use the endangered species act - it certainly seems that the high mileage dance is endangered these days. :wink:

Or perhaps a candle light vigil and people chaining themselves tot he building lol

I've spent many an afternoon at the glue pot slugging back quarts (god those were the days.) and even more time at barbs. It would be sad to see either go, but I would be cool with them moving to better digs. The building is kind of old and slightly past that old with character phase of existence.

P....

Guest gagagaga

my experience is that when one club shuts, the others become collectively stronger...

I think it's fine if it goes...the girls will not disappear.

I just noticed a posting on the always credible :? stripclublist site that Barbs, the GluePot, etc. are in the the building that held the original Coca-Cola bottling factory in Ontario and it is a "heritage building."

And the Nuden used to be a Pop Shope warehouse!

Guest S****an

I checked today with my covert intel sources at Barb's (OK I got a lap dance from the always fun and sexy Bianca :) ) and she wasn't aware of any moves. Hope that's a good sign.

I checked today with my covert intel sources at Barb's (OK I got a lap dance from the always fun and sexy Bianca :) ) and she wasn't aware of any moves. Hope that's a good sign.

Perhaps. But often the employees are the last to know.

Agreed. Employees are often the last to know, and from what I've heard about the management of Barb's I dont think they stay awake nights worrying about the ladies.

I wonder why more of these places aren't owned by the more experienced dancers.

Sierra is amazing, and a little firecracker. Very personable and seems to enjoy what she does best. Oddly I met her at the Silver Dollar one night where she was trying out the club. I don't know if she still periodically moonlights at the Dollar but she did tell me that she normally works at Barbs. This is the great thing about the Dollar; you never know what to expect.

Yeah, I saw Sierra at the Dollar one night a couple months ago. She is a cool chick and sexy as hell!

Guest kkottawa
Yeah, I saw Sierra at the Dollar one night a couple months ago. She is a cool chick and sexy as hell!

If it's the same Sierra, she's at Barb's and definitely, definitely worth taking for a dance...or 5...

I think weekends are best time to grab her ;)

First visit to Barb's this weekend. More of a local bar feel. About 15-20 dancers. Dancers were ok but nothing spectacular. Charlize and Jasmine were likely the best there. Will repeat only cause my hotel is usually a block away but prefer Pigale's and Barefax.

If it's the same Sierra, she's at Barb's and definitely, definitely worth taking for a dance...or 5...

I think weekends are best time to grab her ;)

if its the same gal, shes at Barbs every evening except sundays and mondays according to our last convo about a month ago

First visit to Barb's this weekend. More of a local bar feel. About 15-20 dancers. Dancers were ok but nothing spectacular. Charlize and Jasmine were likely the best there. Will repeat only cause my hotel is usually a block away but prefer Pigale's and Barefax.

hey guys,when your at brbs ask for Dion,she works most weekinghts and on sat nights after 8 pm.You should take her a for a few dances, shes very sweet and sexy.....and shes easy to talk too....shes by my opinion the best one there....:smile::smile::smile:

I was in Barbs this afternoon. One of the dancers told me that you can get one free dance on Friday at lunch along with your $2 roast hip o beef. She inferred that the dance takes place in the bar area. Anyone been there for this?

She complained that the manager made her dance with a regular that never goes for a dance.

BTW: all the girls I met were real nice.

I was in Barbs this afternoon. One of the dancers told me that you can get one free dance on Friday at lunch along with your $2 roast hip o beef. She inferred that the dance takes place in the bar area. Anyone been there for this?

She complained that the manager made her dance with a regular that never goes for a dance.

BTW: all the girls I met were real nice.

Yeah, that's the "Showcase" every day around noontime all the girls pick a guy in the bar to dance one song for in the bar area (no contact), under the assumption that the guy will then take them into the back for the "Real" dances. There's another Showcase at night (don't remember if it's at 10pm or 11pm). Other bars do the same thing, pretty sure Barefax does the same thing.

the shooter girl does more for me than the strippers...Of course waitresses/shooter girls bring you your sustinance and are the only ones we haven't seen nude.... so that really adds to the infatuation. The nice blonde shooter girl works Mondays, Fridays I think.

Other bars do the same thing, pretty sure Barefax does the same thing.

The Nuden does that too. I'd feel really bad just saying "that's OK" after the freebie and not taking the girl for at least one real dance--I think it's a good promo.

As a daytime regular the closing of Barbs would be a disaster.

Not only is it the only hot lunch you can get for a couple of bucks, but an essential and critical team building exercise.

Location could not be more perfect for me.

Long live Barbs!

:boobies:

Photog

Barb's is my usual hangout in Ottawa, and I've been missing it, and the attention I get there. The women are pretty good to gorgeous, and there's usually a wide variety.