Have you watched any good movies lately?

One of my favorite video games has been turned into a movie. I really liked this movie and it has encouraged me to play the game again.

I watched a Spanish horror movie directed by Guillermo del Toro called The Devil's Backbone. It was truly creepy, the storytelling and pacing was amazingly done, and I highly suggest it to anyone who likes scary movies.

Watched "The Walk" recently. This movie is well-made and shows that if you have a dream, you can work hard to achieve it. The movie is intense - with many tension-filled scenes.

MV5BNTY4MzA4Mzc5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDIzMzk5NjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

In 1974, high-wire artist and Frenchman Philippe Petit recruits a team of people to help him realize his dream: to walk the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. With tremendous efforts and against all odds, he became the only man to have ever, or will ever, walk a high wire between the two towers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3488710/

A Good Year - gets some pretty bad reviews but I find it Russell Crow's best effort to date. Doesn't hurt if you like wine and sexy French girls either :-D

Other than that: new Star Wars 5 times so far; so yeah, I like that too :-)

Last night I watched the 1984 movie "LadyHawke" starring very young Matthew Broderick (23)

2a935549aeaa0c8274840cdb97e0cb36.jpg

Rutger Hauer (41)

04f31eeafef400f3d5b84040e7495129.jpg

and

Michelle Pfeiffer (27)

20140429-023335-pm.jpg

Ladyhawke_ver1.jpg

Story Summary.... Philipe Gastone, a thief, escapes from the dungeon at Aquila, sparking a manhunt. He is nearly captured when Captain Navarre befriends him. Navarre has been hunted by the Bishop's men for two years, ever since he escaped with the Lady Isabeau who the Bishop has lusted after. Navarre and Isabeau have a curse that the Bishop has placed on them that causes Navarre to be a wolf during the night and Isabeau to be a hawk during the day. Navarre insists that Philipe help him re-enter the city to help him kill the heavily guarded Bishop.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089457/

• Like 2

"The Wolfpack". If you have not seen this documentary yet, I urge you to do it. Amazing documentary. No words for it. I am sad that it is not nominated for an Oscar (but being nominated for an Oscar is more complex than it seems). The best documentary I have seen in my life (so far).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2415458/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

Just watched "About Time" and really enjoyed it; it was both funny and poignant.

Yes. I like Romantic Comedies. Don't judge. ;)

Watched "The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"

MV5BMTU3MjkxNjc0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc0NDg0NDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I never saw the first movie but liked this one and it had a great cast of amazing senior actors

Maggie Smith, Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Richard Gere....

And the very beautiful Tina Desai... could have watched her dance all night..

MV5BMTQzNDA2NDkxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc5OTczNw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

table-no.21-stills-tena-desae-in-blue-bikini.jpg

• Like 1

Finally made it to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Saw it in 3D. Other than that enhancement, it was very similar to watching the original Star Wars in the theatre when it first came out (almost 40 years ago).

• Like 1

I watched "The Room" last night and would definitely recommend. The young boy in it is an amazing little actor and its filmed in Toronto :)

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

I watched Jack Reacher the other night. While I am not a Tom cruise fan, it was a pretty good movie.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

It Follows was an interesting low budget horror movie. Probably a shoestring budget (it shows), but enjoyable. Little bit of sexiness in the opening scene. ;)

Guest n*gu**6

Watched The Italian Job the other night. Hadn't seen it in years. Thought it was pretty good

I watched Brooklyn the other day. I really enjoyed it. It was romantic, sweet, some parts were sad, but very uplifting for the spirits. :)

11201971_ori.jpg

• Like 2

Guest st*****ens**ors

I watched He Never Died yesterday on Netflix, and was impressed despite the low budget. You don't often encounter such an original story, and the acting of the lead was stellar. It's hard to pull off deadpan that effectively.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Man Up. Funny and sweet, though I don't believe either lead would be capable of meaningful conversation after a night involving that much alcohol.