Have you watched any good movies lately?

It was on Netflix. If you like John Grisham, if you liked Runaway Jury you will probably love Miss Sloane.

Calculating Lobbyist who's face rests in 'bitch mode' does some hectic shit with lots of double/triple crosses.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter's murder when they fail to catch the culprit. An amazing performance by Frances McDormand. A bit slow to my liking.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5027774/

The Shape of Water

At a top secret research facility in the 1960s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity. A very interesting fantasy movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5580390/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 1

All the Money in the World (2017)

100% recommend see this one- Hate to think that I'm old enough to remember when the events in this flick went down. All I knew from that time was that J. Paul Getty's (then world's richest man) grandson was kidnaped in Italy and his ear cut off. The behind the scenes story is fascinating, and suspenseful. Lots of great vintage 60's n early 70's Fiats and other euro vehicles. Also includes a nice dose of blood and guts. :)

Edited by crankF
cuz i felt like it
  • Like 1

The Post - Somewhat slow start to the film but it has a strong finish. It's a Stephen Spielberg directed film with excellent performances, particularly by Tom Hanks but even more so by Meryl Streep. Should be an Oscar nominee in a number of categories.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

The Florida Project. Follows the antics of a 6 year old girl over the course of a summer. She and her mother live in a cheap motel run by Willem Dafoe.

I recently watched the new sci-fi thriller with Natalie Portman called Annihilation. It's based off the book written by Jeff VanderMeer. Haven't read the book, but the movie was pretty good.

• Like 1

Just seen "Ready Player One", the latest Spielberg movie based on the Ernest Cline book of the same name published in 2011.

It feels more like a ride than an actual movie. The story and characters are a bit generic and predictable and the runtime is a bit long at 139 min. But the real attractions are the virtual reality environments and countless(literally) amount of pop culture references from movies, comic books, anime and video games. Far from the best Spielberg movie I seen, but certainly worth seeing in IMAX 3D. Like other spectacle movies like "Avatar" and "Gravity", it's the kind of movie that won't translate well on a smaller screen. Better take advantage while it's in theater. Worth the price if you enjoy a good dose of nostalgia and eye popping visuals.

Enjoy the long weekend.

Recently watched "The Hitman's Bodyguard" on Netflix. A well written and humourous adventure film starring Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson.

• Like 1

I recently seen Black Panther in the theatres with a close friend and loved every second of it. Even shed a few tears, some happy some sad. Highly recommended.

Recently watched " Tomb Raider", an action-packed thriller starring the adorable and beautiful Alicia Vikander. Very enjoyable especially watching it while snuggling up with my favorite lady, the adorable and beautiful Eva. :)

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I saw Avengers Infinity War last night. It was really enjoyable! Long movie, but the time flew by so quickly! It will be a long wait for the last Avengers movie to come out next year!

I recently saw Love, Simon. I thought it was a really great feel-good movie that will help a lot of kids.

I loved the movie Lion, about an adopted boy from India. Just be prepared to cry... but in a good way.

Blockers was good for a laugh.

All the money in the world..Drama 2017...based on a true story about the Getty family...starring Christopher Plummer, Mark Wahlberg and Charlie Plummer.

• Like 1

Avengers Infinity War. Aka The Quest for Money! Because Marvel Studios will make a Galactic ton of money from this flic and those to follow.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I saw "Unsane" last night, Steven Soderbergh's latest film (he has been pumping out a lot of movies these days!).  It was very unsettling at first if you put yourself in the protagonist's position.  The ending was a little over the top, but I have to say that I liked it because it put me at unease.  Even though she was made to look frumpy, I couldn't take my eyes off of Claire Foy, such a beauty!

Just recently on Netflix I watched Operation Finale about the Israelis' grabbing Adolf Eichman.

And The Angel about a Egyptian who spied for Israel about Egypt's war plans.  Need to watch that one again, pay even closer attention

RG 

Recently watched "Outlaw King" on Netflix. Historical drama of the Scottish rebellion following the death of William Wallace (Braveheart). Chris Pine portrays Robert the Bruce who took back Scotland from King Edward and at the end Edward II. 

Three very good movies that I picked up on Blu-ray this year were...

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. Gritty, edgy and very good acting performances by Francis McDormand and Sam Rockwell..

Hell or High Water. Gritty crime drama of two brothers robbing a bank that was trying to legally rob people in Texas and then using the stolen money to pay off the mortgage to that very same bank before foreclosure. 

Hostiles. A very disturbing portrait of the treatment of the Native American people in the west and the real human toll that it took on those involved. And in the end, how a man filled with a lot of hate came to realize that a person's race does not define right & wrong or good & evil as he comes to admire and respect his most hated enemy. Excellent performances by Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike. 

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I watched Bird Box, it's a Netflix movie staring Sandra Bullock.  Five years after an ominous presence drives most of society to suicide, a mother and her 2 children make a desperate bid to reach safety.  You may have seen the preview where she is blindfolded... I liked it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotchJohnson said:

A few weeks ago I watched Bird Box, it's a Netflix movie staring Sandra Bullock.  Five years after an ominous presence drives most of society to suicide, a mother and her 2 children make a desperate bid to reach safety.  You may have seen the preview where she is blindfolded... I liked it.

Likewise, I saw this movie too and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2737304/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was a bit unrealistic and unbelievable but overall, it was enjoyable and at times scary.  This is very similar to a recent film entitled " A Quiet Place"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6644200/

The sad part involving the Bird Box is that there were some crazy folks trying to mimic the actions in the film by doing a copycat blindfold challenge on the streets prompting Netflix to issue a warning against the practise.

https://www.metro.news/netflix-warns-fans-not-to-try-copycat-blindfold-challenge-from-hit-film-bird-box/1377268/

A couple on Netflix you might want to watch

Chappaquiddick About Teddy Kennedy's driving off the Dike Bridge causing Mary Jo Kopechne's death.

Operation Finale About Israelis grabbing Adolph Eichman in Argentina

If you do watch Operation Finale you should follow up with the Eichman Show about the filming of Eichman's trial

And if you are a fan of the Bourne series of movies then all Jason Bourne movies (starting with the Bourne Identity and ending with Jason Bourne, and even the Bourne Legacy which starred Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross) are on Netflix

Harry Brown About a senior citizen hell bent on revenge (in a nutshell LOL)

Just a few

RG