Have you watched any good movies lately?

I saw the movie 42 which is a baseball story about the life of Jackie Robinson and it was pretty good!

• Like 2

Blue Valentine. A pretty good movie about the disintegration of a relationship.

Painful to watch. Oh, I guess that's 3 years old now. Oh well, it was new to me! :P

• Like 1

Recently I saw a movie called "what women want'

and it was awesome to watch the see stars like Mel Gibson, Helen Hunt and Marissa Tomei give out such a splendid performance.icon14.gificon14.gif

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

"42" is quality, Harrison Ford gives a fantastic performance and the attention to detail in the movie is near perfect. I've read enough on baseball in that era to have a near masters in the subject and this film gets everything right.

Also if you're not a sports or baseball fan it is still an incredible story of personal courage an triumph in the face of overwhelming odds.

Just finished watching Mike Judge's Office Space for the bizallionith time. Modern day classic. I'm cueing up Young Frankenstien for after dinner.

• Like 1

So I watched a chic flick and must say it was good I enjoyed it.

Safe haven with josh duhamel and Julianne hough. Both good looking!

• Like 1

Django was excellent, and emotional. Il Postino (Italian with subtitles was endearing) and Crossing Over was friggin awesome because Alice Eve is in it!!

• Like 1

I'm really excited about Hangover 3. The first two were hilarious imo, I'm sure this one will be as well. I wish they would do a Bridesmaids 2. One of the funniest scenes in a movie, imo, is the scene with Kristen Wigg on the plane, especially her interaction with the male flight attendant, I've seen that movie I'm sure 1/2 a dozen times and it still makes me laugh out loud.

I just watched -- This must be the place, SEAN PENN is AWESOME in this movie, i most definatly recommend, such a great movie, :) xoxox

also -- on NETFLIX.. the stoning of Soraya M. its in arabic but has english subtitles, crazy movie, true story, :( tear jerker, BUT its good to watch at times, makes u wake up to what the rest of the world is going thru.

I just watched -- This must be the place, SEAN PENN is AWESOME in this movie, i most definatly recommend, such a great movie, :) xoxox

also -- on NETFLIX.. the stoning of Soraya M. its in arabic but has english subtitles, crazy movie, true story, :( tear jerker, BUT its good to watch at times, makes u wake up to what the rest of the world is going thru.

I've been wondering if that movie-This must be the place was good, love Sean Penn, so thank you, that's now on my to watch list:)

I just watched Pain & Gain.

As an avid fitness enthusiast I love this movie. I mean Dwayne Johnson and Mark Walberg in a Bodybuilding/ criminal action movie. How can you go wrong?!!!

Needless to say. LOVED IT.

• Like 1

I just finished watching two new Blu Ray releases. Gangster Squad: Good flick, but for my money the Untouchables was better. The other feature was Broken City: Not as good as you would expect. Crowe and Wahlberg were competent, but the writing was heavy handed and the plot was overly complex. If you are a fan of Russell or Mark then it's worth a look.

• Like 1

Just came back from watching the "The Great Gatsby in 3d". It was a fantastic love story. the 3d effect ad's another dimension to the show. The scenery was fantastic as were the costumes and the acting. Great entertaining. It was a long movie that went by quickly.

• Like 1

Few recently releases that i saw this past week/weekend

- stars Channing Tatum, Jude Law, Rooney Mara and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Really good movie by Steven Soderbergh who made The girlfriend experience.

- a nice "chic" flick with a decent dialogue starring Julianne hough and Josh Duhamel

The Company You keep - Really good movie with a alot of dialogue is its your thing. Stars Robert Redford, Shia Lebouf, Susan Saradon and Anna Kendrick

- very well done and acted movie that is baseball related

- hilarious comedy starring one of the wayan brothers channling the paranormal activities movie

Iron Man 3 - ok movie id say. Just dont wanna spoil it further than that.

Broken City - really good movie. Quite gripping and thrilling thanks to the good acting of Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe

- Funny british indie comedy about just marrieds

- Well done movie starring Bradley Cooper (really turning to be quite the actor with his recent roles) and Ryan Gosling
  • Like 1

Normally not into Tom Cruise, but I did like this one. One scene I loved so much, I was busting a gut.....

Sandy: [sits down at Reacher's table] Mind if I share your table?

Jack Reacher: [gives a nod]

Sandy: I'm Sandy.

Jack Reacher: So was I, last week. On a beach in Florida.

Sandy: [grabs Reacher's beer] What's your name?

Jack Reacher: Jimmie Reese.

Sandy: You don't look like a Jimmie.

Jack Reacher: What do I look like?

Sandy: I don't know, but not a Jimmie. So you're new in town?

Jack Reacher: Usually.

Sandy: It's kind of loud in here. Do you wanna, maybe, go someplace quieter? I have a car.

Jack Reacher: Are you old enough to drive?

Sandy: I'm old enough to do a lot of things.

Jack Reacher: I'm on a budget, Sandy.

Sandy: [perplexed] What?

Jack Reacher: I can't afford you.

Sandy: I'm not a ------.

Jack Reacher: Oh, then I *really* can't afford you.

Jack Reacher: What I mean is the cheapest woman tends to be the one you pay for.

Sandy: [stands up, angrily] I am *not* a ------!

Jack Reacher: Well, a ------ would get the joke.

Jeb: [enters with his four buddies] What's this?

Sandy: He called me a whore.

Jeb: Is that true?

Jack Reacher: Nobody said "whore". She inferred "------", but I meant "slut".

Punk: Hey! That's our sister.

Jack Reacher: She a good kisser?

Jeb: Hey! Outside!

Wow, it keeps editing out h o o k e r for ------We can say whore and slut but not ------?

Edited by Me*********od (retired)
  • Like 1

OMG!!!!! If you want to see Tony Stark in a different light I recommend seeing Iron Man 3.

I don't want to give any spoilers out but some of my favorite scenes were Tony taking down bad guys without the suit.

And as always for Iron Man; the story and effects were amazingly done.

• Like 1

OMG!!!!! If you want to see Tony Stark in a different light I recommend seeing Iron Man 3.

I don't want to give any spoilers out but some of my favorite scenes were Tony taking down bad guys without the suit.

And as always for Iron Man; the story and effects were amazingly done.

I agree. One hell of a movie!!!!!

Kept me on my seat alright!

Normally not into Tom Cruise, but I did like this one. One scene I loved so much, I was busting a gut.....

Sandy: [sits down at Reacher's table] Mind if I share your table?

Jack Reacher: [gives a nod]

Sandy: I'm Sandy.

Jack Reacher: So was I, last week. On a beach in Florida.

Sandy: [grabs Reacher's beer] What's your name?

Jack Reacher: Jimmie Reese.

Sandy: You don't look like a Jimmie.

Jack Reacher: What do I look like?

Sandy: I don't know, but not a Jimmie. So you're new in town?

Jack Reacher: Usually.

Sandy: It's kind of loud in here. Do you wanna, maybe, go someplace quieter? I have a car.

Jack Reacher: Are you old enough to drive?

Sandy: I'm old enough to do a lot of things.

Jack Reacher: I'm on a budget, Sandy.

Sandy: [perplexed] What?

Jack Reacher: I can't afford you.

Sandy: I'm not a ------.

Jack Reacher: Oh, then I *really* can't afford you.

Jack Reacher: What I mean is the cheapest woman tends to be the one you pay for.

Sandy: [stands up, angrily] I am *not* a ------!

Jack Reacher: Well, a ------ would get the joke.

Jeb: [enters with his four buddies] What's this?

Sandy: He called me a whore.

Jeb: Is that true?

Jack Reacher: Nobody said "whore". She inferred "------", but I meant "slut".

Punk: Hey! That's our sister.

Jack Reacher: She a good kisser?

Jeb: Hey! Outside!

What movie is it from?

Recently rediscovered David Cronenberg's "The Fly". A great movie which still stands the test of time today. Probably one of the best, most intelligent horror movies I've seen.

"The Fly 2" however? .....not so much lol.

fly_poster.jpg

One that I saw a recently really charmed my socks off. It touched on so many levels, the geek in me, the romantic, and the rebel.

Robot & Frank (2012)

robotandfrank2012.jpg

Trailer and description here at Rotten Tomatoes.

PatrickGC