Have you watched any good movies lately?

Just watched Breakfast Club for first time in years, still best teen angst movie ever.

• Like 2

Just got back from a matinee of Star Trek into Darkness. Great summer flick!! Chock full of action, drama, humour, special effects, great story as well as several nods to the original series. I saw it in IMAX 3D. Mind blowing.

Speaking of mind blowing, I have a new fantasy, a threesome with two beautiful young ladies who happen to have prehensile tails. Think of the possibilities.

• Like 3

I saw Stand Up Guys yesterday. Awesome movie! Surprised it didn't get more attention. Any fan of Christopher Walken and-or Al Pacino should definitely check it out!

• Like 2

Watched Django Unchained Saturday night

Watched Skyfall last night

I'm watching Jack Reacher right now

Recommend the first two movies, very entertaining, as long as violence doesn't bother you. Skyfall a good James Bond movie, the best, well don't know about that

Jack Reacher, well I'm posting on CERB as it plays, what does that say

RG

• Like 1

I saw "The Gauntlet" a couple days ago. Clint Eastwood flick from the 70's. Pretty standard action movie plot. "Working Girl" is a witness to police conspiracy with the Mob and Clint has to protect her and of course they eventually fall for each other. Predictable plot aside it's actually a really fun movie.

But what really impressed me and caught my attention was how the SP was portrayed. It was the most realistic portrayal of a SP that I have yet to see in a movie or on tv. None of the usual stereotypes were there. She was independent. She didn't work on street corners. She owned her own house. She was intelligent, witty and college educated. Not even a hint of any alcohol or drug dependence. She was even dressed pretty conservatively when compared to how prostitutes are usually portrayed on the screen.

She was literally portrayed as just a normal, single, independent woman who just happens to be a prostitute.

For a movie made back in the 70's...that kind of progressive approach to her character really impressed me. The movie is really ahead of its time in that regard.

514nibcmr7L.jpg

• Like 1

Saw 'Before Midnight' last night. Beautiful film. Third in the 'Before Sunrise' and 'Before Sunset' series. The first film in the series is my least favourite, but Before Sunset has been a favourite for nine years, and the new one is right up there. I want to watch it again and again.

• Like 1

Watched the movie "Sinister" last night. I enjoyed it and would say it was a good thriller/suspense film. It gave me goosebumps several times (haha), usually a sign of a good flick :)

• Like 1

I don't know about you guys but im a huge fan of Will Smith...he manages to make me laugh and bring the emotion the a next level...''after earth'' is my next movie to go see!!!

any Denzeel washington movie also...i loved flight...so intense!

• Like 1

Just saw "Let Me In". A young, friendless boy, coping with the recent divorce of his parents, and also coping with sadistic bullies at school...befriends the equally isolated girl who just moves in next door with her "father". The twist is she's a vampire.

Despite the youth of the main characters this is a much more adult and intelligent take on the vampire genre than what we've seen in recent years. Nope...definitely no sparkling going on here.

A very gory movie...and yet, also an oddly touching coming of age story. Kind of like a cross between Stand By Me and The Lost Boys lol. The performances by the young actors are great. Especially Chloe Grace Moretz who plays the vampire. Her star is quickly rising, and with good reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h39ikMdei4

Guest realnicehat
Just saw "Let Me In". A young, friendless boy, coping with the recent divorce of his parents, and also coping with sadistic bullies at school...befriends the equally isolated girl who just moves in next door with her "father". The twist is she's a vampire.

Despite the youth of the main characters this is a much more adult and intelligent take on the vampire genre than what we've seen in recent years. Nope...definitely no sparkling going on here.

A very gory movie...and yet, also an oddly touching coming of age story. Kind of like a cross between Stand By Me and The Lost Boys lol. The performances by the young actors are great. Especially Chloe Grace Moretz who plays the vampire. Her star is quickly rising, and with good reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h39ikMdei4

I didn't realize they made an american version of this movie. I saw the Swedish original last year on Netflix I think. It is super creepy and it looks like they have used a very similar cinematography style here.

Thanks for the tip, I have to check this out.

I saw this recently at the Mayfair and really enjoyed it. I like a movie with characters that are familiar to me. People with faults that you like for whatever reason.

MV5BMjc1OTEwNjU4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzUzNDIwOQ@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

• Like 1

Watched "The Call" last night and have to say I really enjoyed it from start to finish.

• Like 1

I saw Man Of Steel earlier today and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I am definitely hoping for a sequel to it

It's already made something like $400 million and it's only been out for a week and a half so I think a sequel is a sure thing. I'm pretty sure they're using Man of Steel as launching point for a shared D.C cinematic universe, similar to Marvel's The Avengers. I read that a sequel to MOS is already being fast tracked for release as early as 2014 with a Justice League movie the following year. Not sure if there's any truth to that though....2014 seems a little too soon. they'd have to do a rush job which would most likely impact the film negatively. But yeah. A sequel at some point is pretty much a guarantee.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

It's already made something like $400 million and it's only been out for a week and a half so I think a sequel is a sure thing. I'm pretty sure they're using Man of Steel as launching point for a shared D.C cinematic universe, similar to Marvel's The Avengers. I read that a sequel to MOS is already being fast tracked for release as early as 2014 with a Justice League movie the following year. Not sure if there's any truth to that though....2014 seems a little too soon. they'd have to do a rush job which would most likely impact the film negatively. But yeah. A sequel at some point is pretty much a guarantee.

Posted via Mobile Device

I hadn't realised it made that much already, insane!!

I was thinking the same thing in regards to the shared movie universe, which would be awesome!

Also, I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see Lex Luthor make an appearance :D

• Like 1

I watched Skyfall 2 nights ago...i had read some comments on here and thought i'd give it a try...definatly the best James Bond i seen so far!

• Like 1

I watched Skyfall 2 nights ago...i had read some comments on here and thought i'd give it a try...definatly the best James Bond i seen so far!

I know, loved it. But I could watch Daniel Craig paint a wall and be entertained, he's so yummy

Guest realnicehat
I know, loved it. But I could watch Daniel Craig paint a wall and be entertained, he's so yummy

Um....did you mean "paint a wall" in the naughty way? ;)

I just finished watching the movie Sinister and have to say I was quite disappointed, however, the last movie I saw in theatres was Fast 6 and was not disappointed one bit!

• Like 1