Have you watched any good movies lately?

So I saw now you see me last night in theatres and must say I really enjoyed it. Lots of twist, some witty one liners and sarcastic jokes. Well worth seeing!

• Like 1

Just watched Yojimbo for the umpteenth time. I'm a sucker for a good samurai film and Kurasawa is probably my favourite.

• Like 1

Just saw Super 8. I was pretty entertained. The setting and the main characters reminded me a lot of pretty much any Stephen King novel...which was fine by me considering how big a fan of his I am! I was half expecting to see his name in the credits somewhere but I guess the similarities were a coincidence lol.

As for the main plot and the action scenes....very well done! Most of the really explosive action is in the last half hour or so of the movie...but the build up to it was very good! I was never bored.

If I had to describe this movie in a phrase: "E.T. for the Michael Bay generation" :p

• Like 1

What happened to action movies like Iron Man 3!

Not sure what you mean by "what happened", all the iron man films were good and did extremely well .

The Heat - staring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. A Buddy Movie without Balls. Funny. McCarthy kills. Bullock is Bullock. Strictly formula comedy: a straight laced up tight FBI agent (Bullock) forced to team up with a street smart, foul-mouthed, Boston cop (McCarthy). Its the Odd Couple meets Cagney & Lacey. But despite the predictable format, the film works. Mostly due to McCarthy's insanity. If your looking for a few laughs without having to think too much, then this is the movie for you.

• Like 1

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaK6khs8aMw. I LOVE this movie! Just watched it again for probably the 3rd or 4th time lol. You can really enjoy it even if you're not a fan of the franchise (personally, I can't stand the other Planet of the Apes films but I really dug this one). It's kinda like the latest Star Trek movies in that they can be enjoyed by both long time fans and newcomers. Can't wait for the sequel, Dawn of The Planet of The Apes, next summer!

• Like 1

Just watched " The land of Blood and Honey" directed by Angelina Jolie. Over 2 hours long but an excellent movie.

• Like 1

Oh and yesterday I watched Hard Candy. An excellent, very intense, slightly uncomfortable psychological thriller. Definitely a break out role for Ellen Page. She's just plain awesome in this.

• Like 2

'This is the End'. It actually made me jump in my seat, and had me doubled over laughing the entire time. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

'This is the End'. It actually made me jump in my seat, and had me doubled over laughing the entire time. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for this post I've been wanting to see it too a lot of funny actors in it:)

"The Watch" has some funny moments. Ben Stiller used to crack me up, but now he seems to play the same interchangeable part in all his flicks.

I like Vince Vaughan so that's a plus, and any movie that includes aliens and orgies can't be all bad!

• Like 1

The new Star Trek Movie is fantastic, great special effects. A must see :)

Additional Comments:

World War Z

A great film to see, except these zombies are fast and dangerous.

• Like 1

Guest ChantalSummers

Recently there have been quite a few really good movies in theatres. The Heat, The Internship, and Hangover 3 are all must see's if you're in the mood to laugh none stop lol. Star Trek was also very well done and suspenseful too. I'm not even a trekkee at all. My friend convinced me to go and I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed.

Watched a great classic film last night, 'Gaslight'. Not sure how I hadn't seen it before. Ingrid Bergman is wonderful. Now I finally know where the term 'gaslighting someone' comes from. Creepy!!!!

The new Superman Man of Steel movie was awesome. New actor playing superman is more rugged then Christopher Reeves.

• Like 1

The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price from 1964.

An adaptation of the book "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson. Even though it's technically about vampires, in a lot of ways it may be the first "zombie apocalypse" movie. A much more faithful, haunting and creepy adaptation of Matheson's book than the movie with Will Smith was.

I watched the movie ''42'' yesterday. (sorry if it been mentionned before). Really good and touching movie about Jackie Robinson's life. You will enjoy it even if you are not a baseball fan!

• Like 1