This may not be the same but when I was on a certain type of antidepressant my sex drive and erection were all the same but had extreme difficulty achieving orgasm. I was like the energizer bunny kept going and going. I tried different lubes some that xy his and hers helped a bit. Different toys we vibe was nice I found that the cheaper condoms worked best. But ultimately sex is as much emotional as it is physical and because I like to please a woman the more she enjoyed it the easier it was for me. Although this was for me may not be the same for other and like I said it was caused by the medication and not Ed.

• Like 6

I've found the best combination for me are the non-lubricated condoms with the reservoir tips. Then, as you suggest, put lubrication in the tip before rolling the condom on. I --feel-- like the condom is less likely to slip off as I get a large section of condom around my shaft without lubrication, but the more sensitive part of my cock is lubed.

Do condoms desensitize sex? Absolutely, but not so much that I'd choose not to have sex. :P

• Like 2

I too am a pro condom user sp. I suggest to some of my clients that insist they can't enjoy sex with a condom to practice masturbating with them on. I think this would help, perhaps I'm wrong but it seems like a good idea to me. We all have to get used to new things sometimes.

• Like 4

I am also on antidepresent medication. I have a high sex drive but I fail to climax with a partner. I have experimented with several brands of condoms and find that Trojan Ultra Thin Lubricated Latex Condoms work best for masturbation. They also provide some sensation for intercourse. But not enough for a climax. And no sensation for oral sex. I do find it refreshing when the lady is a good kisser and very touchy feely. It is helpful if she can keep a hand on my penis when ever it is not inside of her. This is a real turn on. It shows me that she is into the moment and cares about my pleasure. I eagerly reciprocate. I have found that not all ladies allow me to provide my own condoms and will not substitute their chosen brand for mine.

• Like 3

I have found that not all ladies allow me to provide my own condoms and will not substitute their chosen brand for mine.

Unfortunately, not all guys are diligent about where they store their condoms, and making sure they haven't expired. And then of course, there are the rare psychos who like to poke holes in condoms.

If you're unsure if your chosen provider keeps your brand on hand, why not let her know in advance that you like to use a particular brand and then she can be sure to have some?

• Like 6

Of course, FS without a condom is just not on. As for BBBJ vs. CBJ, I'll confess that I prefer without a condom. Having said that, the fact that a lady only offers CBJ has never stopped me from seeing someone that I wanted to see. I'd also add that I've had the pleasure of some CBJs that, quite frankly, left me weak kneed and totally happy.

All, in all, I'd say that yes, a condom reduces sensitivity, but not so much that sex suddenly becomes unejoyable, or that I would lose an erection.

And besides, how the condom gets put on can also be a lot of fun!

Porthos

• Like 3

This may not be the same but when I was on a certain type of antidepressant my sex drive and erection were all the same but had extreme difficulty achieving orgasm. I was like the energizer bunny kept going and going. I tried different lubes some that xy his and hers helped a bit. Different toys we vibe was nice I found that the cheaper condoms worked best.

This is important! Sorry that I forgot to mention the effect of some kinds of medication. Antidepressants are notorious for causing difficulty with ejaculation or delaying ejaculation. That said, when a man has trouble with premature ejaculation (PE), he may find that he gains extra stamina if he's on one of these medications, not that this is an ideal solution! PE can be managed without medication. It often occurs when a man has relied on masturbation most of the time and has been in a hurry to climax. He gets used to having orgasms quickly and needs to discover ways to delay them.

I have found that not all ladies allow me to provide my own condoms and will not substitute their chosen brand for mine.

A companion who won't provide the condom you prefer needs to think carefully about what she's doing, in my opinion. If I know a day or two ahead of time, I would be happy to ensure that I have what someone wants available. Not only is this good business sense, but I really do want clients to be happy with all aspects of our time together, including this one.

As Berlin noted, one of our principal concerns is how a condom has been stored. Expiry dates are important, too, but if the condom has been stored in a too-hot or freezing car or carried around in someone's wallet or pocket, even if it hasn't reached its expiry date, it may be liable to break while in use. Sadly, there are some people who try to sabotage condoms deliberately, and we need to protect ourselves from them, too.

Of course, FS without a condom is just not on. As for BBBJ vs. CBJ, I'll confess that I prefer without a condom. Having said that, the fact that a lady only offers CBJ has never stopped me from seeing someone that I wanted to see. I'd also add that I've had the pleasure of some CBJs that, quite frankly, left me weak kneed and totally happy.

I'm glad to read this, Porthos! You might be astonished to know how often many of us are asked to provide condom-free services, though. A couple of weeks ago, a prospective client told me that one reason he likes mature companions is that, once we're no longer having periods, we don't need to use condoms because there's no risk of pregnancy. That's not true, of course, but he claims that not only has this been his experience for years, he hasn't had to pay anything extra for it. I didn't believe him and declined to meet him.

I think that it's possible to make a CBJ very erotic and deeply satisfying. I do understand why men prefer to have oral sex without condoms, but I often wonder why too many men pay little attention to the risk of STIs from oral sex. There are a lot of very nasty germs that can live very happily in a human throat, undetected for a very long time. There's no way to know whether someone has an STI or not and, sadly, the risk is somewhat greater for the one whose mouth and throat are being employed than for the one who seeks access. Of particular concern to me is that an incurable form of gonorrhea surfaced in Toronto last fall. Gonorrhea is already the second most common STI.

It's very important to find ways to make safe sex sexy!

• Like 7

but I often wonder why too many men pay little attention to the risk of STIs from oral sex. There are a lot of very nasty germs that can live very happily in a human throat, undetected for a very long time. There's no way to know whether someone has an STI or not and, sadly, the risk is somewhat greater for the one whose mouth and throat are being employed than for the one who seeks access. Of particular concern to me is that an incurable form of gonorrhea surfaced in Toronto last fall. Gonorrhea is already the second most common STI.

From what I've read on this site bbbj is an oft mentioned subject. I believe most of us (men and women) are educated on the subject and are aware of the risks.

I read one thread on this site where bbbj was compared to bbfs which is ridiculous, imo.

SP's and clients can choose who they want to do business with and what activities they want to do with each other. It just bothers me when bbbj is somewhat looked down upon.

We are all adults and make our own decisions.

Guest *Ste***cque**

A condom does reduce sensation for me.

Lately I prefer being covered for oral and , of course, FS. It's just for my own comfort level. Given my preference, I would recommend SP's offer thinner condoms for their clients. This will help alleviate some loss of sensation. Also, I politely request they can be more aggressive during oral, given the reduced sensation. Everyone is different, but I like to know I'm being sucked. If you can make it humm like a one pronged tuning fork I'll forget I'm wearing a condom! Not ignoring the balls also helps with the lack of sensation.

During FS I do find there is not enough sensation to orgasm so afterwards I will remove the condom and finish with COB usually. There are lots of things you can do to overcome the lack of sensation from a condom. Most importantly, let your SP know what feels good. Most are happy to accommodate your needs.

Thanks for posting this. Frank discussion on this issue will help make sure the client always leaves happy!

I find the thinner extra sensation condoms are the better choice, they are not only thin but seem to me to be stronger than the regular ones.

I use a little lube, inside, all the time, on the whole area. This adds extra tingling sensation, warming feeling, and so the 'no feeling' issue is minimized.The type I use is warming, unless the client has PE issues, in which case I don't. I have used the Him/Her lubes, and the cooling one is great to take the edge off of someone who does have PE concerns. I also find that the condom on also takes the edge off, which is a good thing.

Most of the people who say they don't feel anything, or much less sensation, are using what their head tells them, not what their body shows them. A lot is involved in the preparation, prior to putting on the condom, the flow is natural and unlikely if they are relaxed and not all caught up in what they think they feel it goes very well.

I find a lot of younger guys don't think twice about whether bare or not bare feels better or not better, they often only know what it feels like with a condom on, and have little to compare it to. Judging by the large number of guys who can cum with a cbj before they are ready, or before they go over to FS, I don't think condoms lessen too much sensation lol.

• Like 4

Among the reasons I'm not a f/s player so no worries for me. When I started in this game, cbj's were the norm and it seems in the last 2-3 years bbj's has become much more common place and the fact it's often mentioned in reviews or recommendations attests to that. More and more you read john's state that that no bbj is a deal breaker. Not sure why this is the case, perhaps it's new john's pushing the issue or new providers offering it more readily or perhaps it was always happening and folks just chose not to talk as much about it...... Personally I think its a combination of all the above.

Peace

MG

• Like 2

In reality condoms do have the potential to reduce some of the sensation during various sexual acts. However, in my experience there are many creative ways to make up for this issue. A mear adjustment of sexual position can easily increase the pressure and friction on the penis resulting in enhanced pleasure ie. any position where the ladies legs are pressed tight together. Additionally, the simple act of pulling back on the shaft/skin of the penis during either oral or penatration can easily kick it up a little. Be creative! If straight up missionary is not doing the trick mix it up until you find that sweet spot!

Lets not forget that a very large portion of sexual enjoyment is mental so really let your mind get into it. Quite frankly, even the thought and mental picture of watching myself slowly enter a beautiful woman and hear her breathing change as she accepts me is enough to send me over the edge.

Oh my! On that note I think I'm spent!

Chuck

• Like 4

The perception of heat transfer is an important attribute for me. Traditional condoms were very poor at this. Brands like Bare Avanti and Kimono are much better. A little silicone lube inside the tip seems to give me better heat transfer. Pjur Woman is a really great all-around lube -- great for guys too!

Re bbbj vs cbj: for me cbjs just LOOK too silly to really enjoy. If bbbj is not on offer, I prefer to move onto something else rather than a cbj. And yes, I agree the experience is not about ticking off acronyms; for me, mutual sensitivity to one's partner's reactions is what generates that satisfying aura of pleasureable sexual chemistry. Creativity, past exprience and openness all count here...

Edited by Touch
  • Like 3

The perception of heat transfer is an important attribute for me. Traditional condoms were very poor at this. Brands like Bare Avanti and Kimono are much better. A little silicone lube inside the tip seems to give me better heat transfer. Pjur Woman is a really great all-around lube -- great for guys too!

Re bbbj vs cbj: for me cbjs just LOOK too silly to really enjoy. If bbbj is not on offer, I prefer to move onto something else rather than a cbj. And yes, I agree the experience is not about ticking off acronyms; for me, mutual sensitivity to one's partner's reactions is what generates that satisfying aura of pleasureable sexual chemistry. Creativity, exprience and openness all count here...

Well put. I couldn't have said it any better. To me, it's about the whole experience not the parts that make the play time memorable.

• Like 3

I can honestly say that the best BJ I've ever had was covered and wow oh wow, did that little thing have a great technique! Wish I knew where she was now!

• Like 3

Just a reminder---if you accidentally put the condom on backwards and then go to flip it over, you've essentially defeated the purpose of wearing the condom in the first place. It sucks, but you actually have to get a new one out and start over.

• Like 2

True about the BBbj vs the Cbj (move on if only cbj).

I also have a hard time with condoms when they are regular size. I have girth or what a sp told me before (not in bad taste) I have a 6 month old baby's arm for a penis! lol. This is why I let the lady know of the specifics else it will be a fun time with multiple condoms! lol!

I do agree however with no lube condoms. For me anyways, they tend to have a better feeling.