There is lots of conversations taking place out there about Inde verses Agency. Most of the time it comes down to personal preference who people go to.

But the question I would like to explore is how people feel about Independents who use a Personal assistant. One of the reasons I hear guys like Inde is because they are dealing with the girl directly. I for one love hearing from my clients directly and can be more in control of who I see. But along with the freedom of independence come all the leg work. A personal assistants can cut that down.

I have thought about using a personal assistant in the past to cut some of the work but I have never done it. I guess I am just a control freak when it comes to that but I would like to hear what guys think about it. Also from the SP'S if you have had a good outcome with this type of product as far as your clients feedback.

IANAL, but as things stand at the moment (except in Ontario) I suspect a personal assistant would be open to prosecution for living off the avails.

Perhaps if the SCC strikes that one down, this will change... but even so, it seems to be a fairly major expense with some downsides, as you mention.

Personally, I'd much prefer to be dealing with the person I'm going to meet. But that's just me... and after all, agencies appear to survive...

• Like 1

A personal assistant could be charged with living on the avails, for sure.

I considered this, it one point, but changed my mind when I heard other ladies' stories about problems they'd had. One had had an assistant who tried to blackmail her.

In the end, I decided that the personal touch was the best way for me. My decisions about who to see are based on some subtle things, sometimes. Since I don't take same-day meetings, I don't have to be in a rush. That works for me.

For those with a different business model, the right assistant might work. I'd want someone I already knew who really understood what I'm doing, how and why and who had already earned a solid track record of her own in our industry because I don't think that anyone who hasn't been a paid companion can ever truly understand what it's like to be one.

• Like 1

I personally will not invite the lady over if I call and I can't speak with the girl directly as I wouldn't know the reality as who the person may be. A personal assistant who helps the lady with the work at one good end or a pimp who forces the girl to work against her will and takes all her money at other extreme. I tend to follow the 'better be safe than sorry" in this case, unless it is a reputable agency. Regardless they are both illegal as we speak, the former in my view should not be and the latter must remain illegal.

As another reason when I call an unknown provider I put forward certain pre-requisites and conditions for invitation and date to go ahead and i would like to see that it it the lady herself who accepts or agrees to those pre-requisites and conditions not someone else promising on her behalf and one thing that I hate most is when a guy texts on behalf of the girl and he uses the words like baby or honey on me and flirting to convince me it is her, yikes!!!.

As for independent versus agency debate when I find the lady of my desire (I am very very selective on looks but not so much on services) I call for her regardless (as long as it is a reputable agency) and if unknown agency or provider as I mentioned I place certain pre-requisites and conditions for the date.

• Like 1

I just have a hard time understanding what kind of excessive time demands any sp has that they can't reply to a phone call or email themselves. If the emails are excessive, like more than 3 back and forth, that says more about the need to put a cap on these exchanges, not hire an assistant.

If the sp is traveling a lot, and can't access or do simple confirmations, or maybe even making the travel arrangements is time consuming, then sure. But for the interaction with clients, the reason we go indy is because of the connection we personally make with clients. Otherwise what is the point, the whole thing could be automated. Ads can be put on automatic reposting on different sites, contact forms could be set up to auto reply, emails the same thing, a generic answer. maybe the calendar can be interactive, a client puts in the day and time required, and both sp and client show up at that day and time without any further need to communicate?

lol

A personal assistant would not be charged with living off the avails--the law was modified last year to only apply in situations of exploitation.

• Like 1

A personal assistant would not be charged with living off the avails--the law was modified last year to only apply in situations of exploitation.

Which is why in the future, I totally see myself providing such a service. As a seasoned SP, and admin. assistant for over 20 years, I know I could add value to someone's business.

I do believe the SP should make some sort of contact herself with the client before seeing them, but there are all kinds of peripheral and logistical details that an assistant can take care (especially with travelling ladies or in the case of a shared in-call and who knows one day a brothel) that would free the SP up for other things.

Which is why if you do choose to hire an assistant, you need to have something you click with, who you trust, who knows the business and can make decisions on your behalf if need be based on your ethics and desires.

It could work, but has to be the right fit and not something many ladies want to gamble on their livelihood.

• Like 1

I have been watching this thread progress, and would hopefully inject some insight?

Thanks Berlin for making us more aware of the standing of that Law, thank goodness too!

If it is merely about replying to so many inquires, a web-site may be useful for you? As this can answer so many questions all at once:)

But if it is reputation, or lack of experience, or just too busy to deal and learn all of this jargon then perhaps agencies is not a bad way to go?

I mean, yes INDY certainly is right for a lot of ladies, however, sometimes so is an agency! Providing you have done your research, and asked yourself what it is that you need/want or require to be successful and safe:)

There is a fine line from personal assistant to Agent....

IN ADDITION: Thanks Angela:) This is what I was also trying to suggest, hahah, you have a way with words!

• Like 1