A monumental post, Old Dog, both in its celebration of your own vitality and humanity and of CERB's too. Carry on, Old Dog, in your very own, exemplary life-afirming style!

Viva CERB! Cerbites!! and Old Dog!!!

• Like 3

Guest a**4*

Hi Old Dog i agree with you it will be a year since i came here to cerb.The members here are awesome people they make you feel welcome here and it shows as my friends list grows.I am healing from a accident and members check in to see how i am doing that shows what a great community we have here they care about there members.Sometimes words are not enough to say how i feel about the members and for that i love each and everyone here for there kindness,if i didn't have this community i probbly be out of my mine reading posts making me laugh you make me laugh alot Old Dog thank you.I would like to say thank you for letting me be a part of your community and a big hug to the very beautiful ladies of cerb friendship i cherrish very much for being a part of my life which could have been a different out come for me thank you all for that....:-D....:ThankYou: congratulations on reaching 5000 post

Edited by a**4*

Guest T*rb***k
In early September 2012, there was a point that I actually thought that post 5000 was never going to happen. In fact, I wasn't really sure that morning would happen, at least for me.

Labour Day weekend is supposed to be eventful. It's when we say goodbye to summer and get ready for the colder months ahead. Pack away the summer stuff and bring out the long sleeves. Close down the cottage. Make plans for the air conditioner and the patio furniture. My labour day weekend began with a sense of draining. I had no energy. Walking was an effort. A shower required a nap after. Drying my hair took my breath away. I knew something was wrong, but my stubbornness said, "sleep it off, it's been a tough summer and you are just run down."

It was more than that. I had a major heart attack. It was weird... no sudden chest grasping pain... just a sense of draining... like superman with kryptonite.

That's when CERB stepped up. I mean it. CERB saved my life.

Isabella Gia and Barrhaven Woody came over and took me to the hospital. They waited with me in the waiting room and stayed there until they knew I was being cared for. But it didn't stop there. I was in hospital for a week.

Woody came to visit.

Isabella came to visit and then came again with home cooked food.

Cat and one of her kittens came to see me daily.

Bethany, Phaedrus, Luxe and Alger all came bearing cups of coffee, muffins and most importantly, love.

Alger left work early to come and pick me up at the hospital to take me home.

When I got there, Boomer and Mister T had made food and left it in my fridge.

Angela had gone to get my prescriptions.

There were messages from Annessa, Nicolette, Gabriella, Samantha, EMB, Meg, Sara, Malika and Dorinda... and a very special message from Amelia ;)

I was in tears. You have no idea how much I love my CERB people. It's more than that though. My CERB people are not just relegated to a small hidden part of my life. They are central. I am actually tearing up writing this... but they are happy tears... I have had so many visitors and so many messages

It's hard to mention everyone... dammit. There are so many people that have made a difference and still make a difference in my life. You all make a difference whether you think so or not.

So to everyone I have mentioned above and these few more, I give my thanks, my love and my friendship.

Areez, Wendigo, Jazzitup, The General, AreJayEll, Lee Richards, Andy of Halifax, Toine, Spud, Notch, RG, Melly, Touch, RoyalFun, Scott, Steve, Silverado, Lone Skater, Mr Nice ... great guys. The best.

Passion Vitto, Julie Wilde, Georgiana, Nathalie, Sami, Nikki Thomas, Emily, Emma, Cindy, Peachy, Soleil, Penelope, Katherine, Sophia, Alyssa, Cleo, Jasmine J, Jazy, Kimmy, Evelyne, Kianna, Chantal, Claire, Berlin, Alexxandria, Shortcake, GeGe, Alanna, Kerri, Ava ... damn... there are so many.... but you ladies in particular fill my life with joy every day.

I wish I could write the name of every person that has made this time less difficult.... but threads have a finite amount of space... and I am getting sleepy. If I missed a name it wasn't out of spite... it's because I am old.

Anyhow... this thread is for you. You have made my life worth living in these past few months and years... you make me smile, you make me laugh and you make me want to share a bit of myself with all of you. And I am going to say it, unabashedly, unashamed and without any hesitation.

I love all of you.

That's an incredible story Old Dog :) that really shows what a great community CERB is! But I also think that it is telling of your personality; people stepped up because of your incredible posts, you are a great guy!

And congratulations on your 5000th post!

Not only is your 5000th post a monumental number O.D., but a monumental sign of your road to recovery! Like so many on here, I am most grateful to see you back on here again. :)

• Like 1

Awesome OD!!!

Congrats on reaching 5000! Most important though, I'm glad to see you're health is improving and that you are active in the community again. I for one missed seeing you on the board.

Kudos my friend!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations on your 5000, and on your recovery. It is a monumental number to reach, and CERB would certainly not be the same without you. I for one was (and still am) grateful that you are back here again.

It just goes to show how great this community can be!

• Like 1

Isabella Gia and Barrhaven Woody came over and took me to the hospital. They waited with me in the waiting room and stayed there until they knew I was being cared for. But it didn't stop there. I was in hospital for a week.

Woody came to visit.

Isabella came to visit and then came again with home cooked food.

Cat and one of her kittens came to see me daily.

Bethany, Phaedrus, Luxe and Alger all came bearing cups of coffee, muffins and most importantly, love.

Alger left work early to come and pick me up at the hospital to take me home.

When I got there, Boomer and Mister T had made food and left it in my fridge.

Angela had gone to get my prescriptions.

What a story of support and care!!!!!!. I am both very impressed and really taken by this. I am glad that everything went well and happy that you had so much support!!!!.

Yes I can see a future in this for myself (with the exception of support maybe as I don't know no cerbite on the personal level) as I have lots of stress and sometimes feel pain in heart after work (something that has been with me since teenage years)i. But life is life and not in our hands, Que Sera Sera.......I wish you a very healthy years ahead Old Dog.

• Like 2

that's why cerb is great when you think nobody is around you can always log onto cerb you always have friends there and this long weekend when your alone you can log onto cerb and chat with friends

• Like 1

If I may add my thanks to you as you gave me the will to want to stay while I was having a hard time and making alot of mistakes. I don't know if you remember but you sent me a note saying you knew I was good for the community, with your little he he he after it, it made me smile so and so lifted my spirits. That message stayed with me when there was alot of negativity being posted about me on another site, it helped me stay strong. I messaged Angela, katherine and asked them to tell you how much I apperciated your kind words, I was suspended at that time so I couldn't myself. I've had my own issues and problems through out the almost 2 yrs I've been here and seeing your avatar and fun posts has got me through, made me laugh and smile. I'm not part of that wonderful group that helped you,sadly to say, as had I been there I would have but let me give you a big virtual hug and much thanks-as I for one of many many, would have missed you dearly-I'm so glad you are alright and congrats on the 5000-sincerely- Cristy

• Like 1

:bigclap:Congratulations on your 5000 posts, OD! And please keep them coming. I am sure everyone here agrees with me that all your posts are witty and fun to read and full of wisdom. I am glad that your health is improving and your posts certainly reflect that - full of vitality and joy.

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

Clearly, you are well loved here Old Dog and I find it heart warming that your friends stepped up and helped/supported you in your time of need. It's when you are down you find out who your true friends are. I wish you well and the best of health. Congrats on hitting 5000 posts.

Congrats on your 5000th post. I for one can say with full conviction, that you have also been a significant help at a time when I needed...and for that I will always be grateful. Never in my life, did I think when I started the hobby, that I would be making friends, let alone dear friends. I am honored to count you and others among them.

CERB is indeed a special place....

E.

• Like 1

Congrats OD on 5000 and your recovery ! 5000 posts means a lot of laughs for the rest of us as well as many many common sense, helpful and inspirational posts as well. Kudo's

Cerb always has been a great place OD, but when you are happy, healthy and active on here it is an amazing place to hang out !!! We owe you for that.....and as I have now witnessed first hand....your genuine hospitality in Ottawa.

I look forward to more.......

• Like 1

My Darling Old Dog,

It only takes a few good people to start a real community like this one the path of connectedness. I think there has been a real sense of care since the beginning with MOD laying out the groundwork and it has grown from there. I saw a turning point when Angela and ottonon started the socials. The delicate strings of relationship building started to entangle and hold many of us together. We just didn't realize how strong those strings are until we find ourselves hanging by one of them. When we see one of our own dangling, we all scramble to pull them back up and hold them close.

You have consistently supported both online and in person everyone you came in contact with and touched us all. I know that despite our differences in the beginning you have brought smiles and joy to my life in ways I never expected and today can't imaging not having you "Just over there" to reach out to. My kitten delights in your company and treasures the laughter you bring to our lives as much as I do.

What amazes me are the relationships in my life that have formed with members becoming friends without a business aspect to them. The ladies all have a common bond that is obvious but over the years I have met hobbyists that quickly moved from SP/guest to friend after the first visit or even without a playdate. People who I genuinely appreciate having in my life and you are one of them. Unexpected in a business like this where there are suppose to be such clear rules of engagement. I am grateful that its like this because I have people that have proven themselves as real friends that know everything about my life. No having to explain my work, no defending my choices, no apologizing for who I am.

You sir, seemed to have started the ball rolling on this aspect of my life and I thank you for being you and for showing us that by adding the love only makes the community stronger, not weirder if that makes any sense!

And I will finish by saying "Love you baby, don't ever change!" because the world needs more of you...

cat

• Like 2

Congratulations on post 5000 Old Dog, and even more so, congratulations on your recovery. You are very much a central part of the CERB community and I feel very honoured that you count me as one of your friends.

And on a side note, CERB is much more than a board. It is a collection of people who care for one another. I know I feel very lucky to have met, even if only through cyberspace, some members of our CERB community

Again OD, thank you for your 5000 contributions. We're looking forward to your next 5000 contributions

And I think a thank you is due to the CERB as a whole, members who make this much more than a board, collectively they make it a community

RG

• Like 1

Congrats Old Dog ... and here is to another 5000 posts. You're a central, respected, and much loved member of this community.

Porthos

• Like 1

I had not had the pleasure to have shared any time or even posts back then.., I was very new in CERB..., and I am Very Happy that I can say now I have :) You are a very sweet person... you make me laugh every day when I come and read your smart and funny posts... I am very happy that I got the chance to meet you!!! And my eyes started watering as I was reading your post... Thank you for being here with us and being part of this BIG HAPPY FAMILY... Looking forward to share many more moments and post together :) xoxo

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Old Dog,

While we haven't met I still wish to congratulate you on both your 5000th post and your recovery. I have also known what it is like to be helplessly ill, to have people rally around you in support, to shed tears of joy and surprise when that help comes from the most unexpected places. While my support, for the most part, came from those you would expect (close family and friends) I am amazed that yours came from a world designed to promote and sustain anonymity. What you have helped accomplish here, creating a community not only within the forum but outside of it, and the people who rushed to support you is a testament to the person that you are. Cheers to your continued good health and another 5000 posts.

RNH

Congratulations old dog on 5000 posts, and also on the next 5000 to come. Your story is not only a testiment to cerb as a community but also to you. Remember that good people attract good people. All the very best to you.

• Like 1

Your story is not only a testiment to cerb as a community but also to you. Remember that good people attract good people.

Mikeyboy said it well. You have been a kind and generous friend to so many. We're all glad that you are recovering and continuing to be a big part of cerb and of our lives. Hope to see you again soon, buddy.

• Like 1

OD, you are, without a doubt, one of Cerb's greatest treasures. I've been hanging out in cyberspace since the early 1980s, before most people knew that there was anything cyber going on in the ether. I've been part of many communities and helped start a couple of esoteric ones. I've made friends, played games, learned to write better, made more friends, played more games and moderated some forums until I decided that my desire to die from excess fury or anxiety wasn't as strong as my will to live on and offline. But above all, I've made friends online who have been as important and as real to me as people I know in the non-cyber worlds.

One of the wonderful things about Cerb is that we can engage with each other here and also in real life. Many people are surprised to learn that the people they've first encountered online are much the same offline, where they're no longer anonymous handles and avatars, but genuine, mortal, lumpy and scarred human beings with perhaps a few less superpowers. But the simple fact is that character, personality and integrity are unmistakeable and almost impossible to disguise.

You, dear one, are one of the true ones. One of the real, genuine ones. You lead with your soul and your mind serves what's good and right. It's no more surprising that your fine heart has taken a beating in the process than that so many people readily step out from behind their cyber identities to give you the real-life love and care you deserve. You would do it for us.

So, here's to 5,000 posts! Congratulations for being the fine Old Dog that you are, for learning so many new tricks along the way and for sharing yourself with us.

• Like 2

Congrats OD on reaching 5k in posts! Glad your health is back and keep posting! You are a great member/contributor here on this board.

• Like 1

Congrats Old Dog on 5000 posts. As your friend, I am glad to know you are doing well health wise ( you look great btw!) and thank-you for your witty and insightful contributions to cerb and here's to many more. You always put a smile on my face and make me laugh and I'm sure I'm not the only one. This site wouldn't be the same without you and you are one of a kind my friend and I love ya! xoxoxo

• Like 1

Having the pleasure of knowing you, it is not surprising at all that you have many friends who care so very much about you. You are one in a million Old Dog and it's obvious that I'm not alone in my sentiments. You are simply one of the easiest and most enjoyable people to be around. You don't try, you just are. Your sense of humour is easily my favourite thing about you, but your compassion, generosity, understanding and positivity also make you an amazing individual. I salute you my friend, 5000 posts! and feel very blessed that you consider me one back. Hugs and kisses OD, all the way from Winnipeg.

• Like 1