Is it wrong to fall for a client?

If I were you Karina, let him know. He may have the same feelings for you. The risk, he may not have the same feelings. If he is a client who sees you for repeat encounters there is something about you he does like.

My guess, if you tell him your feelings, he won't think you are doing it for the money, in fact if you tell him your feelings and things progress, a monetary transaction wouldn't even form part of your relationship, should you develop a relationship.

Things to keep in mind. Is he receptive to a relationship (is he single, will you stop being a professional companion, if that is an issue for him, does he need to stop seeing professional companions if that is an issue for you,

will both your families accept each other, is there an age difference etc)

And if he says he isn't interested, could you continue to see him as a client and would he feel comfortable continuing to see you.

All that said, I would, if you really have fallen for him, let him know. There is an underlying risk in letting your feelings show, but there could also be great rewards...maybe he is "the one"

Good luck

RG

• Like 3

Well Old Dog, I was going to latch onto this post but after reading you eloquent opinion, little else needs to be said. I was going to comment about a similar experience and it ended abruptly because my wife found out. At that seminal moment when confronted with a choice, I chose my wife because the pain it would cause her and how it would disrupt my family. I feel terribly bad for my SP girlfriend but I had to make a choice with my head not my heart. Loving someone doesn't always translate to a happy ever since the reality of meshing your lives, families, occupations, opinions of friends, etc. will mount formidable challenges. Having said that, if your heart is true and your conviction firm then you have nothing to lose by telling him how you feel. Good luck and I have genuine empathy for your situation.

I would tend to agree with RG. The question is when. Keep in mind, that the client-provider relationship is one that is quite bounded in terms of what happens and the circumstances under which it happens. Ladies often say about clients who fall for them, that the client "really" doesn't know who they are. They see them in a fantasy context, in which everything is being geared to their pleasure. Clients don't see their providers lounging around the house in sweatpants eating chips! (although, depending on context that could be quite incredible).

Well, it may be the same with clients. Clients as well are on their best behaviour (or at least good clients, so I assume this applies to your gentleman). The question is how well do you actually know him. Falling in love involves a certain degree of emotional intimacy and understanding of each other. I think that can happen within the context of sessions, but perhaps a fuller ability to get to "know each" other outside the bedroom is required.

Maybe you should suggest lunch, followed by a session. Discount the lunch, or even say "I really enjoy talking to you, and we never have enough time. Let's go for lunch before our session." If you wanted, you could deeply discount the social time, or even offer it "off the clock". I realize that in general this is frowned upon, but this is different than the situation where the client suggests it. Make sure he understands this is a unique offer, because you think he is special. This will be a good testing ground to see what he's like in a different setting, and his reaction may be a guage of his feeling to you.

Perhaps say to him ... "I was thinking about you the other day and nearly dropped you a text, just to ask how you were doing ... but didn't want to intrude on your private life" ... see how he reacts.

Anyway, perhaps there are ways of testing the waters, before plunging in.

Porthos

• Like 5

I've always thought you ladies have an incredibly tough job. There is way more to being an SP/MP than the physical sex. The 'old dog' offers some great advise/thoughts. Love is a complicated thing and I wish I could give you an easy answer.

Karina, having met you during your last visit to Ottawa my first reaction to your post is that the person you are referring to is one lucky fellow! In a very short time I felt your kindness and passion for life.

Having spent "off the clock" social time with a few SP's and several dancers over the years I've found that many times people are different outside the bedroom. In a hotel room, without a personal relationship, there is the fantasy component for which the chemistry doesn't always translate to a personal relationship.

I'd strongly recommned, if you havn't already, spend some time "off the clock" time with him in a personal social setting; perhaps dinner, hockey game, going for a walk, anything mutually enjoyable. Its not as unusual as some think for an SP and client to do something casual, especially out of town SPs. Goodness, last year I took a visiting SP to the grocery store since she had just arrived in town, was staying in a suite and needed to do groceries lol.

I really feel the key is to get to know the guy in a real social setting. You may find a different person, or perhaps your initial feelings will be confirmed.

I think then, after spending time together, through conversation you'll be able to tell if his feelings are mutual and if his personal circumstances are such that he is even able to pursue a relationship.

I will say thou, I'm not an expert on this, but wanted to at least give you my thoughts.

JacK

PS: Feel free to fall for me anytime!

• Like 8

Keeping it short.Is he married and in a happy relationship?

Just because he's seen you many times and really enjoys your company, doesn't mean he's available for beyond the transactional relationship. He just might be a sweet guy in general and easily lovable and Prince Charming'ish. But do your homework and study well. Go ahead and turn the table and find out a little more about him.

Love is wonderful, don't let it slip, but as we all get older, things tend to get more complicated.

• Like 1

I've always had a personal motto/saying:

"We cannot control who we fall in love with. We can only control what we do about it when we do."

Personally, I would be open and honest with him. Keeping it inside could make things more difficult as time passes.

That being said, Old Dog made a good point when he said that men don't share well. Some do, but I've never met anyone that's 100% ok with it. Si take that into consideration too

Best of luck!

• Like 2

The original question was whether it is wrong to fall for a client. In my view it is never wrong to fall in love. It's all the things we do when we are in love, and the things we expect/demand of those we love, that sometimes are wrong.

I say this as a hopeless romantic.

Porthos

• Like 7

Karina:

The key point in this thread thus far seems to be: [paraphrasing] "Make sure both you and your client are on the same awareness level of emotionally and intellectually." In the current social climate, although things are improving, this is often much easier said than done. We are all products of the culture we are born into, and those influences run very deep; much deeper than we are often aware of when we initially embark on something which challenges us personally and society's boundaries. So a few months down the road either of you may find emotional strings being pulled you never knew you had. This will most likely be a long trip of discovery. And everyone involved[because it may involve ultimately friends and family] on the many levels will discover something.

However, it is indeed worth the effort! Because as said earlier in the thread "you never know what you might be missing." Not only for both of you, but for others as well. It is a chance to change believe systems, one person at a time, or who knows.

As a disabled activist I am by no means considered a bashful client, and by virtue of the condition being lifelong, I am quite used to breaking new ground socially and personally. However, for many people this opportunity/challenge does not come along. We all need challenge, it is how things change. This can therefore be a rare chance.

Some of the best joy can be found over a long journey. Be as clear as you can be about where each of you are emotionally right now and realized that things will change in unexpected ways. Then proceed with the relationship they've all seems understood.

All the Best.

PatrickGC

• Like 1

is it worth the risk of losing him as a client (how much does he bring in) and are you willing to let that go if you tell him and he gets awkward and doesnt come back anymore

romantic situation that unfortunately translates into a business decision

Additional Comments:

and you know all your clients are now wondering if its them..... he might present himself to you now if he reads this.

• Like 1

I think this happens both ways a lot more often than we read or hear about. I've developed feelings for a provider and know that a provider has developed feelings for me. I stopped seeing both and explained why and the reason was simply that I started to like them. It may seem like an odd way to put it but I know it wasn't a love thing it was a like thing. It's very easy to become confused, it's kind of like a vacation romance in that everything seems perfect and idyllic and it is because it's only for an hour or two it's not all day everyday reality.

When I start to "like" some one or sense they are starting to "like" me, I move on. It's much simpler.

Peace

MG

• Like 4

Karina:

Lots of good input and comments already from many much wiser and more active here than me. And while I don't dare to offer any advice, I pose the following comments and questions.

If your feelings for this fortunate gentleman are indeed as strong as you describe, and you have seen him quite regularly over a period of time, then it is quite likely that he already senses some of your feelings and should be picking up on the signals and type of interactions you are having with him.

How is he responding to those hints, be they deliberate or involuntary?? Is he engaging with you in a similar fashion and does that thrill you or scare you? Do you pick up any similar vibes from him?

What is it that makes you believe you are falling for him? Is it only the sex and physical intimacy or is there some other emotional connection beginning to flourish? Does he bring anything more to the table, beyond an envelope, and does he add any value to your life in a significant or meaningful way? Are you prepared to allow him into your thoughts and is he willing to share as well? Are you prepared to lose him as a client, even if you gain him as a friend or more?

More questions than answers I know, and some have already been asked, but if you and your gentleman can navigate this minefield while still maintaining the fundamental boundary (pay to play), then I dare say that you will both find much satisfaction, pleasure and strength from this rare, but not unheard of, type of special relationship.

I trust it all works out for you.

• Like 2

Has happened twice to myself over my time. Taking a break from each other is was the the correct path both times.

I like to think that it was a strong like for each other, therefore not "love" my humble opinion, and it certainly worked out for the better for the 2 ladies and myself.

The get togethers that I enjoy with ladies is all about a "romantic fantasy" for me,therefore I like to keep it always on the professional level. Sure I have some strong feelings for ladies I have been with, but I like to ensure both parties understand that the fantasy is not reality and therefore it is always best to keep it that way.

Communicating and letting each know, where you stand is paramount for not having those "hurt" feelings is always good to get out in the open.

But for you Karina, I think you are a very smart lady (having met you) I think you will do what is best for "you"

Just my comment on it, you have lots of other good advise as well.

I think this happens both ways a lot more often than we read or hear about. I've developed feelings for a provider and know that a provider has developed feelings for me. I stopped seeing both and explained why and the reason was simply that I started to like them. It may seem like an odd way to put it but I know it wasn't a love thing it was a like thing. It's very easy to become confused, it's kind of like a vacation romance in that everything seems perfect and idyllic and it is because it's only for an hour or two it's not all day everyday reality.

When I start to "like" some one or sense they are starting to "like" me, I move on. It's much simpler.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

its so hard because I can't even tell him I miss him or how I feel because he might think I'm trying too hard for the money..

Couldn't you tell him the next time he sees you its no charge? That would let him know.

• Like 1

I just want some opinion on this. From the beginning Ive always set and follow my own rule which is, not to get too attached or not to fall in love with any of my clients, just have a lot of fun . Unfortunately i am falling for someone now and i really dont know what to do about it ,its so hard because I can't even tell him I miss him or how I feel because he might think I'm trying too hard for the money.. I just can't help it every time I see him he just melt me inside. I really need some good advice on this one, maybe clear my head a little. I would really appreciate it.

Karina. Any time when you see a man and he makes you melt inside that is pretty darn awesome and also one of those rare things in life I would suspect. Whenever a fella hears that he is missed or desired...that's pretty darn awesome too !!

We all live life somewhat by written rules, but more so by unwritten rules and what is expected of us. We all make decisions that may not be right but are from the heart. and we all make mistakes and live and learn from them. Lord knows I have !!

My opinion is don't be scared to tell him how you feel. I myself as an example I would very much welcome it if you wanted to share. It sounds like you two have a connection. If it wasn't met to be anything more than you have right now or the circumstances didn't work or make sense, then life goes on and my guess is you will continue to get along wonderfully as you are now with just a little stronger connection !! If it is meant to be.....it will be. Once again my opinion.

Sometimes ya gotta step outside the box, roll the dice and gamble.

Good luck Karina. You are in a tough spot with a tough decision to make. But hey....it's always nice when a tough decision is because you feel something great inside and your heart is fluttering :)

• Like 3

Nothing left to say other than:

Good Luck Karina; you're a wonderful lady and hope everything turns out well. Hoping for another "Pretty Woman" moment.

• Like 2

That is a question I often wondered about. I am glad it came up. It is a very interesting topic. There is a lot of great advice out there Karina.

Whoever this guy is he is a lucky one. As other's have mentioned is he married? That will pose a major factor in all of this.

Last thing to think about is if he does have the same feelings are you will to give up the profession. He most likely would not want you to continue is this profession. Or to him is just for the sex part. Are you the only Lady this person sees? Just my thoughts.

I hope everything works out for you and for the best.

• Like 1

In regards to awkwardness ... I once connected so well that we went 2 hours past our 30m session, and we both knew that neither one cared about that. Most of that time was chit chatting, exchanging stories, and just dating. When it came time to doing the deed, both of us felt weird, being brought back to the reality, that this was a paid for service. So my lesson has been, get the deed over first, connect after. However, that never happen since with anyone else. Being unavailable for a real relationship, because, as we get older, things gets complicated, I never saw her again. Luckily, she almost never posts. Else, reality and fantasy might be a little confusing.

• Like 1

Hello again Karina and one and all:

One trend I see a lot of nowadays is the desire to compartmentalize or develop rules for almost any situation. Many things in life cannot be broken down, without losing their value, in such discreet ways because often it is the larger context which gives the experience its full meaning and value. In other words, your lives and perceptions are unique to you. No one else can fully understand what it is to be you. We can only do so through the context, and coloring of our individual, always biased to some degree, perceptions.

After some reflection I can personally say that the only true red flag I watch out for in any situation is the urgent/pressured flag which screams "A decision must be made now." on one level or another. Which in my book is an indication that the entirety of the situation is not being considered. Relationships evolve over time and that needs to be taken into account.

Don't rush, but do proceed as you uniquely see fit.

Take care,

PatrickGC

• Like 1