So from browsing around here it seems some hobbyists have a second dedicated phone for arranging appts. I was toying with this idea, but where do you stash your secret phone from your significant other? I would have a much harder time explaining a second phone, as opposed to an ill timed text to my primary one, which I could likely pass off as spam.

So how do you make it work? I'm having visions of Walt from Breaking Bad standing on a desk hiding the phone in the ceiling panels ...

I think a second sim card would be a better choice with the same phone?

Or if really concerned buy a cheapie phone, throw it away after every encounter...consider it the cost of partaking in this lifestyle

RG

.. Or just use the one phone, in most cases no provider will contact you randomly, in my case, and many others have expressed this if you miss a call or a txt while you are busy, unless the call or txt was received within 15 min I won't contcat you back I will just wait til you decide to call back...

Just make sure you delete call history and or txt if your SO has access to your phone...

Possibilities are endless. The key is to keep it off when not needed. Can be kept in a drawer at work, in the trunk of the car with the spare wheel, in the shed in the toolbox...But yeah, if found, it will lead to a Walt moment!

Have fun,

toine

So from browsing around here it seems some hobbyists have a second dedicated phone for arranging appts. I was toying with this idea, but where do you stash your secret phone from your significant other? I would have a much harder time explaining a second phone, as opposed to an ill timed text to my primary one, which I could likely pass off as spam.

So how do you make it work? I'm having visions of Walt from Breaking Bad standing on a desk hiding the phone in the ceiling panels ...

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Yes having one unlocked phone that can have two sim cards ( one as pay as you go) would be the best option.

A second sim card is probably the best option ( imo anyways) as it is easier to conceal discreetly when not in use instead of an actual cell phone. And a second sim card is very inexpensive.

When potential clients contact me for an appt and tell me they don't have a contact number, it's a no go. I understand many clients don't want to disrupt their privacy in giving their number out but SPs are in a vulnerable position on their end as well esp if they need to contact a customer if they get lost on the way to visit an SP or the SP has to cancel at the last minute for some reason. These are legitimate reasons and anything can happen in between.

One of the greatest pieces of technolgy that came into existence for this industry and in society is definitely the cell phone! lol.

Guest webothscore

Hey beautiful! Speaking of cell phones, most get emails on their phones just as fast as calls or texts, so would an email be acceptable for the reasons you listed above?

I had the same concern. I am using my phone to make contact by text and deleting the text conversations when completed. The girls are smart, they do not text me unless I start the conversation. I also changed my phone to the new blackberry Z10. The other family members use the IPhone. They don't like my BB and they don't know how to use it. I think I can also block incoming texts when I don't want to be disturbed but not sure yet.

I had the same concern. I am using my phone to make contact by text and deleting the text conversations when completed. The girls are smart, they do not text me unless I start the conversation. I also changed my phone to the new blackberry Z10. The other family members use the IPhone. They don't like my BB and they don't know how to use it. I think I can also block incoming texts when I don't want to be disturbed but not sure yet.

Not sure but I think the Z10 also has a feature called Blackberry Balance which allows the user to setup two profiles, one personal and one for work. I would think this could provide a chance to use one for the hobby and the other for day to day use.

Hey beautiful! Speaking of cell phones, most get emails on their phones just as fast as calls or texts, so would an email be acceptable for the reasons you listed above?

Yes but email is too anonymous. If I can't talk to someone on the phone, how do I know that this person making the appt is going to show up? I prefer to do things the old fashioned way. No contact number, no appt.

Many ladies like to actually talk to a new client before meeting them, even if it's just a short call to get the final directions to her incall or something like that. Not all, but a lot do.

One other thing to think about with cellphones: if you don't have a separate phone for your CERB-related activities, be VERY careful about what numbers and email addresses you put in it, even temporarily. Many apps now (Google, FB, others) are hugely aggressive about pillaging all the data they can from your phone and linking it up with other stuff; your email address-book will end up in your phone contacts, and then Facebook will take it and recommend friends for you... Any data that you put into your phone can very rapidly end up all over the place and possibly visible to other people, depending on how tight your security settings in various places are, and this can happen with no interaction from you.

Caveat fornicator...

• Like 3

I will look into the 2 profile balance option with my BB Z10 and advise the members that are looking for a solution by using one phone.

Guest webothscore

Thanks Phaedrus. Basically, whatever each SP asks for is their right and we have to respect their comfort level, and if it works out great, if not, no hard feelings. But it's the tech stuff you mentioned that I too am well aware of and how easily cell phone stuff gets around (calls and texts primarily is a factor for many I would think). While I won't get into two phones or another sim, I certainly won't ball bust anyone for special treatment. I am very respectful that way. To date, I feel very welcome and love the cerbies. I guess my thinking was, why is me calling from my cell any better for "showing up" than emailing from my phone (especially both emails go back and forth as quick as texts)? I have in some cases met people at an establishment SUPER close to their in call so they can feel the immediate comfort (I am funny, adaptable and easy going, looks are not bad either ;) I am not bragging!). Anyway I can cross that bridge with SPs in future (maybe start with one who doesn't mind e-mail or payphone as I did see that option with a few) and hopefully references from SPs can spread soon after so something to consider. Above all, I am having lots of posting fun, especially "which do you prefer?". I can't get enough of that one :)

I guess my thinking was, why is me calling from my cell any better for "showing up" than emailing from my phone (especially both emails go back and forth as quick as texts)?

Talking at some point helps to establish

a - you are not a young child

b - you are not another woman pretending to book an appointment

c - you are not some random computer booking time to waste time

If anonymity is such a big issue and you have a smartphone, there are many apps that are available that you can use to text as well as make phone calls from and it does not show up in your call logs or actual text messages.

Mind you, some people have been known to abuse such apps, but when used for a legitimate reason, I'm sure it will put your mind(s) to ease.