Question for CERB Gents. How important is the outer look of the in call location?

Hello CERB gents,

First thank you very much, for taking the time to read and/or respond to my thread.

My question to you is how important is the outer look of an in call location?

I am currently looking to get myself an aprtment for incall purposes. Either a bachelor or one bedroom. I have been out of the loop for sometime now when it comes to the cost of rent-and I am still shaking my head at the cost of rent for rentals in Ottawa. I am planning on still remaining low volume, so I do not wish to go over 900 monthly for rent, therefore I will definately not be renting a higher end place. Currently the few buildings I am looking at are at least 40 yrs old.

I am very keen on getting a place as I am tired of the hotel in call scenario, and I am also looking to upgrade my massage services by getting myself a massage table.

Anyhow-I am sensible enough to know that certain areas/neighbourhoods must be avoided. I also have a very good sense home design skills. My apartment will be clean, nicely decorated, discreet, and safe-but not high end.

To me the outside appearance is not that important as long as its discreet not full of loitering, as long as I feel safe. Although when going to a new place it can be nerve recking especially if its the first time with that person, you just get the uncertainty feeling.

"High end" not that important.

However, if the place looks like a crack house or has cockroaches, that is the clientelle you will attract. Neither do I want to chance getting mugged between parking lot and the door.

Inside, tasteful simplicity and serenity will carry you far.

All the best.

I would be less concerned about the look of the building than the look of the neighborhood. As long as I feel safe in the neighborhood and comfortable in the apartment, that's all that matters to me. Good luck with your search!

• Like 1

However, if the place looks like a crack house or has cockroaches, that is the clientelle you will attract. Neither do I want to chance getting mugged between parking lot and the door.

All the best.

+1 I agree!!!!!

All the best.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far :) And yes trytryagain, I totally agree-you are right. I was born and raised in this city and am fully aware of the areas & neighbourhoods to avoid. Its just some of the places I am looking at are pretty old and not updated on the outside,but are still clean and well maintained. xo

I would have to say outside looks aren't all that important, as long as people feel safe going there. It's the apartment itself inside that matters. That would also include hallways, etc (unfortunately out ones control)

I look at my apartment, and the building was total turnoff outside, but once I saw the apartment I signed up. 'Never judged a book by its cover' lol

Safety would be the key especially at night as I imagine a lot of you appointments could be in the evenings when it may be dark. If the neighbourhood looks spooky, or not safe then it could be a big turn off for clients.

Gotta say that going to a shabby place makes me feel shabby. But it doesn't sound like you're really looking for something cheap, just not top-end. That's fine.

A neighbourhood that's mature but clean, and a building that shows some age but still feels respectable, is okay.

Sorry, that's all so subjective I'm not sure it's useful. ;)

Free and convenient parking are a big plus for me plus a location that is easily accessible (ie. close to the queensway, etc.). Outside appearance isn't really a concern although, as others have suggested, a bad neighborhood might be a problem.

Guest webothscore

Can you please splurge and get a place with one of those vehicle elevators that brings our vehicle right to your place? ;) we trust your judgement on the place you choose. Have a great day.

Free and convenient parking are a big plus for me plus a location that is easily accessible (ie. close to the queensway, etc.). Outside appearance isn't really a concern although, as others have suggested, a bad neighborhood might be a problem.

I would echo this Vanessa...but since i've met you, it wouldn't bother me, cause i know the person you are :)....if it was someone else i might be hesitant.

• Like 1

I have to agree with what's been said so far, so long as the location isn't sketchy then the actual apartment doesn't need to be high end!

Vanessa...

Much like many of the other threads, the reason that I come to see a provider is to see that specific provider. I am not fussy on services and am not there to critique the neighbourhood, the building or even the furnishings.

You can't be responsible for the outward appearance of a building that you don't own; it would be unreasonable to believe that it would be a reflection on your personal tastes or desirability.

Unless there is a knife wielding man in a hockey mask outside your door, atmosphere is a negligible concern for the discerning hobbyist. It's with you that the true magic begins...

• Like 1

Outside does not matter. As you said certain locations in this city are not good. Although being 6'4", I've never had an issue going anywhere but a biker bar.

Location is the biggest asset. Not how terrible a neighborhood is but convenience of getting there, parking ect. Downtown can be tough sometime but is centrally located (And more expensive)

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I trust your judgment Vanessa and I will leave it at that. At one time apartment rentals were less expensive in Hull/Gatineau than they were in Ottawa. I don't know if you have considered the other side of the river. Downtown Ottawa apartment rentals can be expensive and hard to find. Good luck with your search, yet I'm sure you will find something suitable.

The outside look isn't too important, I am more worried about the neighborhood, easy parking is a definite plus as well as discrete access. Don't want to disturb the neighbors. More important is if the inside is clean and bug free. It doesn't have to be new but must be clean. Good luck in your search

Guest P*rry

MightPen's response reflects my view - a building that shows some age but still feels respectable is okay. The entrance and hallway should be clean and secure. Good luck in your search.

I'll just add more weight to what looks to me as an overwhelming consensus:

- Neighborhood must feel safe (which you've already covered)

- Should be easy to find; park (don't want to draw attention wandering around looking for the place)

- Once inside and in front of you, we're no longer thinking about the building.

Just wanted to thank all of the gentlemen who took the time to read and helpfully respond to my thread. All of your answers are very much appreciated! As soon as I select the apartment I will inform accordingly regarding the approximate area in my ads.

Have a great day everyone :boobies:

Vanessa Vale

xoxo

Outside is somewhat important, safety and security outside as well on the inside, safe place to park, and not have to walk to far in an unknown area. the area have lights, and if its in an apartment building to be a decent enough place, as well as sketchy hotels. I have canceled a few appointment because some have been in sketchy places. In most instances have rescheduled for another location.

I agree with the safety inside and out. Easy parking, if it's free that's a bonus.

You have to think of your safety also.