New game in town! And we need a name

How about "The Prestige"?

This is what the dictionary says about prestige.

Prestige refers to a good reputation or high esteem, though in earlier usage, it meant showiness.

I looked it up on the internet and there is a Prestige strip club in Puerto Vallarta, not in Canada.

That's interesting. As for names...

The name of any precious stones wouldn't be disastrous;

Or, perhaps something relating to 'common grounds'.

Good luck with the adventure!

I love this idea! I adore burlesque, and would love to see a club dedicated to stage shows! :-D

As for a name, might I suggest: The Velvet Box Cabaret and Lounge

The Penthouse - implying top notch, higher class entertainment.

The Park - Slogan, "The park you wish your mother sent you to".

Risque Business -

Black fence is the parking area, the SC has the property to that side keeping away from the restaurant side which is on Rideau side.

What's with the black fencing?

I have been there three times since the new ownership has been in place. I had not been there in 6 months due to the previous managemnet/ownership.

Good job guys!

No fighting (between the dancers) and much much cleaner. You are moving the business in the right direction.

Sounds great! Best of luck with it. From what you describe, I think you need a name with some humour in it. Maybe "Jiggles" or "Tassles"?

Hello all,

I am still alive and kicking and want to let you know that I have found my way into the SC business.

Some of you maybe familiar with the failing trashy establishment that was Canada Cabaret/Diamonds Gentlemen's club etc...

When I found out the owner might be interested in selling I immediately thought of the glory days of Gypsy Rose with features great dancers and one of the best stage shows in the city.

A modern twist would include burlesque, maybe a bit of stand up comedy, lets break the mold. IMHO it seems like the local clubs are riding that edge between strip club and hand job parlor, I want to bring the show back to show bar.

Ok now I will step off my soap box,

Obviously the new place needs a new name, if anyone here can help get a new name I am will to put up some skin! If we use your name there will be a $50 bar tab, if your suggestions lead to a name $20 bar tab!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Bikini contest happening tonight opens at 6-2am

And contest starts around 10ish

Prizes and all

Good luck on your venture, yet burlesque was born out of an era that holds no appeal for me. Even shows of such type I avoid when in Vegas.

Sort of confused about the direction with a bikini contest. I guess the next new "twist" might be a wet t-shirt contest or the chair water dance from Flashdance.

With Duffy as Feature Attraction with Pam Wallin, I couldn't help myself.

The Senate Club

Great name...classy, very Ottawa, and oddly appropriate.

And Jazy was the well deserved winner, although she did have some stiff competition. (and some stiff observers if I may wager a guess) hehe

This place has certainly turned around from what it used to be.

• Like 2

Good to hear, I will have to drop next week and check it out myself. Congratulations to Jazy, not surprised :)

How is this place on a Saturday afternoon. I'm thinking of popping in this Saturday around noon. Is it dead at that time and how are the dancers and what are the CR's like?

I was never in this club even under the old management