For those who are not aware, I have been working at a vet clinic and enjoying my 2 days a week there. I was asked to give them a hand as I am a certified groomer of 13 years. I took great pride in my work, and really liked knowing I could help break through fears and issues that most of the dogs had coming in to see me.

But sadly, I fear that I will have to give this up, as I have had my tendonitis return:( I want to protect my wrists, as I have my massage studio that requires me to use all my strength while in my sessions.

I started to wear that lovely blue brace, but have not seen progress yet. Today I tried to press down using my fingers and wrist and shreeked in pain:(

I am rather upset, as I said I really enjoy the vet clinic, even though the pay sucks, lol....

any other sufferes out there have any advice? How long does it take for the brace to be effective? or is it? I do not want to pump advil into my system everyday, as that is not a cure, merely a cover up.

I hate giving up on anything, but think I may just have to admit that this time I may just have to:( BOOO!

No advice but I'm really sorry you have to give up something you love. Maybe there is a solution that you can employ while you groom to prevent a flair up? I'll hope for that answer for you!!

• Like 1

No advice but I'm really sorry you have to give up something you love. Maybe there is a solution that you can employ while you groom to prevent a flair up? I'll hope for that answer for you!!

My vet ( hahahha) is a homepathic vet, and has given me arnica to take internally. But it has been 2 days only, and now I had to cancel massages as I can not bend or appy any pressure, so...ya not good, as massage is my bread and butter:(

Yesturday I was grooming then had had to cancel my afternoon as the pain was too sever, so now have no choice but to brave the pain and go groom the 2 I had to cancel. It may be my last day there, I am in tears with pain even to type this.

I will let you all know if the arnica tincture works for future reference anyhow.

Guest *D E**a

I don't know a cure, but when mine flairs up I use a heating pad on it to soothe. Sorry I can't help more...know how badly this hurts. Hugs!

Have you tried acupuncture to help or solve that issue? I see an asian woman for muscle and other types of pain and she cured me from pain that the doctors would never attempt to touch.

• Like 1

I know that this is your livelihood, but probably the only real cure is time out and giving the affected tendons and joint a chance to heal, reducing the duration of the problem. You're young and should get the properly treatment to make sure that this doesn't become a chronic condition. Only your physician can quarterback a good treatment plan. The use of an anti inflammatory can some times reduce the pain, but doesn't get at the underlying damage. I am a great fan of getting physio therapy to assist in the recovery from these sort of injuries.

• Like 1

Have you tried acupuncture to help or solve that issue? I see an asian woman for muscle and other types of pain and she cured me from pain that the doctors would never attempt to touch.

I concur....I have witnessed virtually miraculous results with my brother and a close family friend......regular acupuncture and Chinese medicine methods.

• Like 1

Well in the movie, My Big Greek Wedding, the father used windex for arthritis (and pretty well anything else that ailed him!)! A treatment that can work for soft tissue injuries (and a lot of athletes use this) is ICE therapy. I have used it myself several times for various injuries over the years with lots of success, but it is also painful to do as you have to immerse the limb in ice water for five minutes a couple times a day for about a week. Then you take it out of the water and move it around to let the blood flow back into the area. The theory behind this is that the ice constricts the blood flow in the area and reduces the pain and when the area is taken out of the ice bath and moved around, new blood comes rushing in and helps to take away the damaged stuff.

• Like 1

The best way to heal tendonitis is to take time off. Because if you don't it will become chronic. I know a lot of people do not want to take drugs and pain killers but an anti inflammatory with some time off is a good idea. If you continue to use the tendon while it is inflamed it will continue to rub against the bone and cartilage and cause more damage. An anti inflammatory will reduce the swelling preventing the tendon from rubbing and causing more damage.

Heat will make it feel better right after but ice is actually better for it. It will feel stiff and even worse right after you ice but you will feel better the next day than you would if you applied heat. You do not want to ice the area for more than 20 minutes at a time without taking at least an hour in between.

I would also suggest taking a supplement called Glucosamine Chondroitin. It is a supplement that actually helps overall tendon health. You have to take the supplement for a while before you see any results but it is more of a long term solution.

Lastly going to a physiotherapist and getting ultrasound and electric stimulation will also speed up the healing process

• Like 1

I had tendonitis in my shoulder two years ago. I was given a prescription for an anti-inflammatory and physio exercises to do. It took about a month to start feeling better.

• Like 1

The best way to heal tendonitis is to take time off. Because if you don't it will become chronic. I know a lot of people do not want to take drugs and pain killers but an anti inflammatory with some time off is a good idea. If you continue to use the tendon while it is inflamed it will continue to rub against the bone and cartilage and cause more damage. An anti inflammatory will reduce the swelling preventing the tendon from rubbing and causing more damage.

Heat will make it feel better right after but ice is actually better for it. It will feel stiff and even worse right after you ice but you will feel better the next day than you would if you applied heat. You do not want to ice the area for more than 20 minutes at a time without taking at least an hour in between.

I would also suggest taking a supplement called Glucosamine Chondroitin. It is a supplement that actually helps overall tendon health. You have to take the supplement for a while before you see any results but it is more of a long term solution.

Lastly going to a physiotherapist and getting ultrasound and electric stimulation will also speed up the healing process

I agree. I'm prone to tendonitis in my right arm and have had good results with avoiding heat and using ice. I use a frozen gel pack from the drugstore, with a tea towel wrapped around it--just one layer of towelling between the gel pack and my skin. My doctor and physio recommended 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, and repeat. I usually do three repetitions because it's hard to find more time than that to sit still.

I take ibuprofen every 8 hours, around the clock, to help reduce the inflammation. I don't use a brace because it doesn't seem to make a difference for me. But if you have carpal tunnel involvement, a brace may help you get relief.

• Like 1

Cortisone works great for me. I have chronic tendonitis in both shoulders from sports and age and have shots alternately every couple of years.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Cortisone works great for me. I have chronic tendonitis in both shoulders from sports and age and have shots alternately every couple of years.

Peace

MG

yes I think I may have to think about this option, as I ate to leave the clinic with no one to replace me:(

Going to bear through it as long as i can with icing, brace, ibprophin when needed, hopefully this can fix it's self soon!

Thanks everyone, so glad your all here for me:)

xoxo

I had tendinitis just below my right elbow several years ago and, being self employed in a physically demanding job, time off was not an option. Cortisone worked somewhat, but what really worked for me was a pressure point wrap. It was a wrap with a little ball in it that applied pressure directly to the sore point. I wore that wrap for over a month and it allowed me to work through the recovery period with minimal pain.

• Like 1