I wonder if these are universal abbreviations or if they are Canadian dialect? MSOG seems to be hockey-themed. I guess it would also apply to soccer... I just can't see this wording fly in the US.

If you find these acronyms and definitions at Urban Dictionary you can take them as universal (with the possible exception of North Korea - not sure what's going on there).

• Like 1

try adding a category when googling an acronym.

like for example you want to find out what blt stand for, type: BLT in burgers

it does help

This thread is so helpful as I'm new to this field and was confused as to what all the abbreviations meant... I'm glad I read this, thank you everyone for your comments and links it's helpful and greatly appreciated!

Posted via Mobile Device

Why don't we just be a little more open, and just say what we mean. lol

That'd be too much fun entirely! (j/k) I doubt that will happen now in any case.

To all that may pass by here...

When I'm stumped by a term, I realize I'm looking for the definition of an acronym. So simply googling* the word 'acronym' plus the term I'm looking for, which will restrict matches to likely sites that define a shit-ton of acronyms - including the one I'm searching for, works like a charm!

* If you think the term might pertain to a particularly immoral or offensive concept, let's say, for argument's sake involving sheep or other farm animals, you might want to be more circumspect and use the more secure and non-invasive Ixquick.com or DuckDuckGo instead.

Hope that helps (good thread here anyway)

This thread is interesting and helpful. In many cases abbreviations have different meaning depending on the context and not all can be found on Urban dictionary. Thanks to contributors to this thread.

I used urbandictionary.com to figure out all these acronyms but I have to admit I really dislike using them and with this new bill passing in December, I really hope everyone stops using them.

• Like 2

I used urbandictionary.com to figure out all these acronyms but I have to admit I really dislike using them and with this new bill passing in December, I really hope everyone stops using them.

There are ladies provide Wonderful Companionship and Magical Memories, but a look at their websites, not a mention of a menu at all. Most ladies I see don't even have a menu.. Companionship, and this is just my opinion, is more than looks and a menu of services. A lady's personality, chemistry/connection, what is undefinable, makes for a Great Date.

Again, just my opinion, menus will have to go out the window once C36 passes. Ladies will have to redo their profile and websites removing any mention of menus and being prostitutes. Websites like that I can see drawing attention, unwanted attention that is. Guys, well those menu focused will just have to understand about C36 and realize advertising services will be a thing of the past

A morning rambling over coffee number two

RG

• Like 2

Wow, that's a lot of abreviations! Thank you for the list. It's very helpful :) but I me too I think sometimes it's more easier to just ask what you want!

Sorry for my english, I speek french but I try to participate!

I am still not clear on the difference between VIP and GFE. I have seen this in ads and both had different pricing.

I am still not clear on the difference between VIP and GFE. I have seen this in ads and both had different pricing.

No idea :) I think that's the kind of thing you'd have to ask the lady in question, assuming the difference isn't made clear on her website or in her ads.

Wow, who knew the list could be so long! Thanks so much for putting this together, it definitely answers a lot of questions that newbies (like myself) might have!